Vader basic ability stealth nerf come on now

So I know there is a vader TM reduction bug being fixed but that's not what this is about.

Yesterday and since i unlocked vader many months ago his basic attack would attack jedi through foresight, removing the foresight and striking the jedi... but now it doesn't remove the evasion and the jedi continue to evade even after being attacked by vader.

Yes vaders basic ability attacks a jedi but it DOES NOT REMOVE THE EVASION so jedi still have evasion and can dodge the next attack. this is new!!!!

maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything about vaders basic ability being changed.

Thoughts?

Replies

• sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure that qualifies as a bug fix. Any other unavoidable attacks don't remove foresight if they don't trigger it.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    Options
    So I know there is a vader TM reduction bug being fixed but that's not what this is about.

Yesterday and since i unlocked vader many months ago his basic attack would attack jedi through foresight, removing the foresight and striking the jedi... but now it doesn't remove the evasion and the jedi continue to evade even after being attacked by vader.

Yes vaders basic ability attacks a jedi but it DOES NOT REMOVE THE EVASION so jedi still have evasion and can dodge the next attack. this is new!!!!

maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything about vaders basic ability being changed.

Thoughts?

This is WAI, foresight is by nature, removed by the first attack that would or does land on a target (Vader is not the only unit that does this to toons: Bane and teebo are other examples that do this to everyone.)

Also, never in the course of the game has a single toon been nerfed directly, and I don't think CG is going to start now...
  • Options
    Pretty sure that qualifies as a bug fix. Any other unavoidable attacks don't remove foresight if they don't trigger it.

Foresight: Grants a Hero 100% Evasion chance against one attack and then it expires.

The one attack was a vader attack, they continued to have foresight, it didn't expire.

That's not a bug fix it was working as described, now it is not.

Foresight ability IS NOT evade the next evadable attack.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    MmoProNick wrote: »

Thoughts?

This is WAI, foresight is by nature, removed by the first attack that would or does land on a target (Vader is not the only unit that does this to toons: Bane and teebo are other examples that do this to everyone.)

Also, never in the course of the game has a single toon been nerfed directly, and I don't think CG is going to start now...

Very very early days Barriss was directly nerfed. But that was like Dec 2015. That fiasco, I think that's why we haven't seen any direct nerfs.
  • Options
    I agree with henchman805, that doesn't sound right.
  • Options
    MmoProNick wrote: »

Thoughts?

Foresight is NOT REMOVED BY THE FIRST ATTACK ANYMORE. That's my point
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Foresight stays on my jedi in p1 H AAT when Grievous uses his unavoidable basic. Seems 2 b wai
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This is WAI.

Foresight is a GUARANTEED evasion on the next attack.

So what happens when an attack that can't be evaded meets a toon that is guaranteed evade?

The only way to make sure both abilities get their proper function in is to make the foresight last through attacks that can't be evaded. Otherwise it is a nerf to one ability or the other.

They fixed the foresight nerf. WAI
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    Options
    What I'm having trouble with is for sight evading assist attacks, triple shots like a wiggs/nebit special, and in my case a full 5-team retribution shot. Someone GK has given for sight to AOE's me, my team has retribution and they all attack. Every single attack misses.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Bug fix. You can't ignore foresight and dispel it.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    What I'm having trouble with is for sight evading assist attacks, triple shots like a wiggs/nebit special, and in my case a full 5-team retribution shot. Someone GK has given for sight to AOE's me, my team has retribution and they all attack. Every single attack misses.

Hmm... That's a judgment call. I think its better that assists don't work though. It's pretty much all Jedi have going besides GK and it takes two Zeta's to get it going in a really effective away.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Double attacks like Bobas work though..... If he gets a second attack. It's only 50 percent of the time with him. I'm sure Ezra and others would have the same dynamic. If they ever buff Cad Bane he could be really good against Jedi
  • Options
    Show me where foresight is a guaranteed evasion for a attack and can last through several attacks. The only ability description of foresight I can find is that it states

Foresight: Grants a Hero 100% Evasion chance against one attack and then it expires.

Which is not how this is working.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I honestly dont see a change ... my Yoda always kept Foresight after getting hit by a Vader O.o
    The only "unevadeable" attack, that removes Foresight is Bobas Execute, as it clearly removes buffs and turn them into bonus damage. (And maybe Teebos special, but Teebos are rare in arena ;))
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options

The one attack was a vader attack, they continued to have foresight, it didn't expire.

That's not a bug fix it was working as described, now it is not.

Foresight ability IS NOT evade the next evadable attack.

Unless it's a pig or rancor
  • Options
    The only ability description of foresight I can find is that it states

To me it seems like foresight only works against attacks that actually CAN be evaded. But as others have stated: since Vader's basic is unavoidable to Jedi, it doesn't even interact with foresight at all.

If anything, the skill description is the real issue here; when players like us are forced to come up with our own interpretation of a skill and have to debate about what is meant to happen, then you know something is wrong! :)
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    Show me where foresight is a guaranteed evasion for a attack and can last through several attacks. The only ability description of foresight I can find is that it states

That description is subjective, and people are giving you examples where what you describe is seen universally. In other words, it is by design and WAI. If you want to complain about how it is set up, please do, but this change to Vader's attack is in fact a bug fix and changing it back the way it was, would, in fact, be reintroducing the bug. Again, you may complain about how the description doesn't match the execution as you see it, but universally it is working as intended. As it works now, foresight only blocks a non-unavoidable attack; if you don't like it, ping a dev.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    This isn't new. I run Jedi with Yoda. Vader gets a hit through, usually ability blocks. It's never removed foresight from me.

Since it never got to evade an attack, it sticks.