Server Jail - upcoming feature - get us out of our server jails for larger World

Preemo_Magin
1826 posts Member
edited February 2016
I want to make a suggestion. If someone wants to choose a higher power Server, they should. Sometimes one want to fight the larger world, meet ither players Arena.

I imagine a Button like "Travel" where you can choose other "Worlds" (servers). You can choose only from Worlds that have larger power than your current world. This could be measured as the top 100 Arena power of all players there added together. Servers could have planet names.

I imagine having a World Map that you can explore. Right now we are happy to not be "Merged" to make things incredibly impossible (Arena rewards or GW). But uktimately if tou consider a Server (logical group in each Arena) a world, this could be brought about. Meta cliukd cross polinate. There coukd even be a very minir perk for different worlds, like "Jedi world, Jedis have +5% tenacity. Or even different challenges...like the Special events...a Jedi world can give a reward, but a Droid world could give a Droid.

Maybe Server switches could a one-a-week option. You make a choice but it only procs one a week at a specific time like on reset every Friday.

If Cheaters can be mived to A Cheaters Hell server (World) can we us behaving get away from our Jail Server?

This woukd vastly expand the world size sentiment, would add a richer (Meta->Meta) and is totally and extremely transparent for a new user or one that doesn't want to travel.

If this reduces client churn by 5% (by making it a vaster cosmos to explore) the ROI of the feature could be millions too. I can see that happening easily.

Replies

• Options

Interesting idea, but have you thought about the following two potential issues?

1. How to assess the overall power of a server? I find it difficult to see how a Player level 70 server would be more powerful than another level 70 server
    2. What would stop players from abusing this? i.e. they move to a more "powerful" server, but it has no/fewer players who are on the same time zone as you are
  • Options
    Good idea but to do that you need to pay $25 for a travel ticket and the destination would be random. You might end up on the same server and you need to pay again to start the process.
  • Options
    Jsnazz wrote: »
    Good idea but to do that you need to pay $25 for a travel ticket and the destination would be random. You might end up on the same server and you need to pay again to start the process.

Ha ha :) And the second time it is $50 and for the third $100. After all it is EA ;)
  • Options
    Interesting. But I don't think people would trade high arena ranking for a low-rank in other world. Teams are mostly the same everywhere: Phasma + Poe + DPS

Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Most top 10 have the similar build.. so what is the point? Doesn't matter which server you go.
  • Options
    end game characters are all the same (no variations possible for heroes)... it doesn't really make sense now.

If they wee to allow us to differentiate builds (gear altering "runes" or "specialization paths") and add guild system with global server goals, then yeah... server transfers would make more sense
  • Options
    As a metric to estimate a server's power, let

np : number of poes in the top 100
    lp : average level of poes in the top 100

nl an ll : the same, but for leia

nq and lq : the same, but for qui gon

nf and lf the same for fotp,

then do

server power = np * lp * 10 + nl * ll * 5 + nq * lq * 3 + nf * lf
  • Options
    Whoa put that math up before you hurt someone.

I'd think server hopping would be a good way for whales to prove how slimy they are. Oh look a weaker top ten, smash etc. Since you can't communicate and the general concensus is only one team is "the best" right now...I don't see much point other than hoping to smash lobes.
  • Options
    I was just kidding btw :wink:
  • Options
    1) I don't really see the value in this except as an exploit for slimy people to search for a weak server to victimize or one with few people on their 6pm local.

2) this would create excessive amounts of unnecessary server traffic for CG/EA or whomever is hosting this game, server traffic costs real world money, for that reason alone, I don't ever see this happening.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    All you people talking about whales and "slimy" people looking to smash a different f2p server obviously didn't read the op post. He CLEARLY said only able to switch to a higher rank server. If they have to rise in ranks so be it, that's the way it works. And to top it all off many of the top teams are f2p teams that use more unfair means of winning than most whales do. And I am by no means a whale. So get off your superiority complex and offer something useful instead of bashing people
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Could make arenas similar to the new event ... Have an all-Jedi "world," one for night sisters, tiered power worlds (i.e. <10k power, 10k-20k, 20k-25k, 25k+), original trilogy arenas, prequel arenas, resistance/FO arenas. As long as the player base is fractured might as well take advantage of it.
  • Options
    Ill just keep my free 500 daily crystals.
  • Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Interesting idea, but have you thought about the following two potential issues?

1. How to assess the overall power of a server? I find it difficult to see how a Player level 70 server would be more powerful than another level 70 server

The power can be assessed by adding up the top 100 Power level, or a better measure which accounts for average stars, ability (eg total Mats III used in these teams) + Power level.
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    3. What would stop players from abusing this? i.e. they move to a more "powerful" server, but it has no/fewer players who are on the same time zone as you are

CG presents only servers of equal size or that make sense. The more options the better...yeah chances are you jump to a server that is less crowded, but as more migrate there....it self-manages!
  • Options
    Song wrote: »
    Most top 10 have the similar build.. so what is the point? Doesn't matter which server you go.

Different rewards, challenges. Maybe AGI there guves more rewards and fewer STR. This is platform to expand the world a but with "Planets".

At some point there could be a Galaxy Competition Challenge" where the top 5 from each Arena could compete against other Planets for a reward to the entire server - eg. 20 shards of Yoda or whatever.

It's an idea ro make GoH feel larger. I am getting a bit bored by the sense of being jailed in a little server with the same great 30 folks and all of us doing the same all the time.