8 zeta challenges, 1 zeta

Words cannot describe my frustration. And I would surely be banned for using those that come closest. :/
--Nud Stark--

Replies

• Options
    I went a month without one from challenges
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    that stinks, i usually get minimum 1 zeta every 2 battles and sometimes get lucky with 1 per battle or 2
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    RNG at its finest. The 1st 3 weeks...2x/week, 2 challenges per...total of 12 challenges, I got 2 zetas, then the next week I got 7 out of 4 challenges. Just gotta stick w/ it.
  • Numanoid
    126 posts Member
    Options
    My last drought was 11 attempts between zetas. Just had my first run of bad luck since then and got 0/2 today.
  • Options
    I'm 1 in my last 10 attempts which sucks, very streaky since I started off really well. Mostly the answer is to farm via ship shards it is just nice to get a little boost from the challenges. I think I have lifetime 84 zeta shards with less than 25% being challenges.
  • Options
    I'm at about 55 %
  • Options
    Yah the drop rate is super unpredictable. I got two on Sunday after an 0-12 streak but I am back on track going 0-4 Monday and today. I have averaged around 2 per week, which is better than none but I know a number of people in our guild who are pulling 5 or 6 a week so it is frustrating. Not as frustrating as the drop rate for stun guns or Aat raid bacta gel but its up there.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    already zeta'd 3 toons and almost have another 40 zeta mats so have to decide next 2 to zeta soon.

to be fair recently my zeta accumulation has slowed, but i feel like that's more 'cause i'm not devoting all my fleet coins to just zetas.

and all f2p, so it's not like i'm at the top of my fleet arena or anything...

so i think over time it works pretty well. In fact i kind of regret one of my 3 zeta's, but no biggie, got more on deck soon enough
  • Options
    However, I still love playing this game. Without being a pay to win player I can still be competitive so don't take the frustration as a diatribe on hating the game. In a guild of nonPTW players we are close to taking down Haat and its a ton of fun working towards those goals.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Tough luck. I still believe compared to other things in this game, zetas have a relatively good drop rate. I'm 12 for my last 12 pulls. I can never say that on any stun cuff or gun drops.
  • Options
    I have had 0-14 streaks, nothing unusual.
  • sneeyatch
    518 posts Member
    Options
    RNG for me usually beyond terrible and to prove it, I was finally able to start the challenges this past Monday I think... That's right - it took me that long to get the ships I needed upgraded to 5* due to my awesome RNG.

That said - I'm 3 zetas for 4 attempts... not too shabby :)
  • Options
    I think they scaled the odds back. My guild has been frustrated for a month on our linechat about this. Extremely low drops over the past month when before it was pretty solid 2 drops. I personally banked zero over 6 events but have hit 1 and a 2 in the past 2. 2 guild members straight quit the game it frustrated them that much. Whales too. CG should be more careful.
  • Options
    I think this could be implemented in a way that doesn't make people real Mad (again, not the words I would like to use). There is no money for EA/CG in this part of the game. WHy make us hate to love it!?!

You could make just as difficult, but less frustrating by guaranteeing one zeta. Just increase zeta reqs accordingly. Semantics maybe, but sure would be less frustrating.
    --Nud Stark--
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    14 challenge sims here for 1 zeta! Very discouraging for over 4 weeks of zeta challenges.
  • Options
    I had a three week drought. Now for past two, I've been getting them routinely.

Now because I've said that, they're going to disappear again.
  • Thoby
    36 posts Member
    Options
    my longest drought was 1 of 37 :(
  • Options
    I think they scaled the odds back. My guild has been frustrated for a month on our linechat about this. Extremely low drops over the past month when before it was pretty solid 2 drops. I personally banked zero over 6 events but have hit 1 and a 2 in the past 2. 2 guild members straight quit the game it frustrated them that much. Whales too. CG should be more careful.

If you're quitting the game over a cpl weeks of bad rng in a game that's all about the long term...
  • SRG
    17 posts Member
    Options
    In the long run i'm at less than 10% drop rate.

First four weeks after unlocking the challenge, i got 2 zetas out of 24 try.
    Seeing lot of people having ~50% drop rate seems really unfair.
  • Options
    I have been tracking zeta drops from the time I unlocked the zeta challenge (because I'm cool) as I wanted to see if it was as bad as everyone said it would be. Here's some data from my own personal experience.

Got 12 zetas out of a possible 44 on my way to getting my first zeta character buying the other 8 in the shop. So it was about 27% drop rate.

Next I got 6 zetas out of a possible 32 getting my second zeta toon buying 14 in the shop. So drop to about 19%.

Last I got 11/24 and bought 9. All the way up 46%.

In total I went 29/100 on my way to my 3 zetas characters buying 33 of them. I had 7 of 25 days where I did not get 1 zeta and on 25 of the 50 challenges done I got 0/2 zetas.

Now I know everyone is having different experiences and some may be getting a raw deal but it would appear that over time and as the sample size grows, the numbers may even out. So grind thru lean times, enjoy the good times and buy as many as you can in the shop, would be my advice.