Sith Trooper or General Kenobi?

hi all!

I can't decide whether I should gear up General Kenobi or Sith Trooper. I'm mainly arena focussed and currently, I run a full sith squad: zMaul(L), Sith Assassin, zSavage, zDN and EP. EP is probably the weak link, since he's quite squishy.

I have to gear to gear up 1 of them. Sith trooper is still at 3*, but it's not that hard to get him to 5*, because he is farmable in the Cantina. GK is 6* at 54/100 shards.

Thx! :)
SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].

Replies

• Options
    On that team, I'd go with the sith and replace Palpy.
    Absolutely a top tier team and trooper doesn't even need that much speed.
  • Options
    On that team, I'd go with the sith and replace Palpy.
    Absolutely a top tier team and trooper doesn't even need that much speed.

Thx, guess GK will have to wait a bit longer.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    If you take into consideration all the people saying that Maul is falling out of favour then maybe GK is a better bet.
  • Options
    GK is a better long term solution. He will fit with most any team. Sith trooper will have no use once you change away from a sith team.
  • Options
    Yes, GK has more utility.
    Trooper's much better on a Maul team though.
    Maul with zSavage and SA+Trooper is absolutely viable, R2 hasn't changed that.
    Now that people are finally maxing Trooper and SA from shard shop and cantina and getting rid of their Vaders, Palpys etc.

My shard had a full top 10 of Rex. Rex is still holding 1st spot but 7 out of 10 are back to Maul including ranks 2, 3 and 4 currently.
    I don't see how Maul is dropping out of meta. You do need the "new sith" toons though.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    I run Jedi, and the Maul squads with Sithtrooper are alot easier for me to beat than a maul squad with Gk.
  • Options
    Hmm, interesting. Thx for your feedback @Mullato , @QuasarIngwer48 , @Huatimus . Not making this easier :p Think I can't go wrong either way.

GK has more utility. But I'll stick to sith, now I know I can beat r2d2 squads.... I dont have Rex, r2d2 or chaze, so I can't build a good squad with them and GK.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    gk all day!! He has way more utilities.
    I own all sith completly and gk completly maxed. So I've seen the synergy with both these characters. Granted in an all sith squad, trooper is better and if you use gk. He will most likely get tore up by the opposing sith since you can't put many buffs on your team as sith.
    But after playing my first fight against r2 yesterday. I'm preparing to get rid of all sith squad. Burn tears through tanks even Zavage and zooku. Sith need a cleanser or you won't compete with the r2 teams. Gk for that cleanse!

• Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    gk all day!! He has way more utilities.
    I own all sith completly and gk completly maxed. So I've seen the synergy with both these characters. Granted in an all sith squad, trooper is better and if you use gk. He will most likely get tore up by the opposing sith since you can't put many buffs on your team as sith.
    But after playing my first fight against r2 yesterday. I'm preparing to get rid of all sith squad. Burn tears through tanks even Zavage and zooku. Sith need a cleanser or you won't compete with the r2 teams. Gk for that cleanse!

Thx!