Bug with Old Ben leader ability

SaintEaters
412 posts Member
edited February 2016
At lvl 7 leader ability for Old Ben when characters dodge an attack they don't seem to be getting the turn meter bonus of 25% meter gain. The last time I noticed it working correctly was at lvl 5. I didn't take note of it at lvl 6 bc it didn't get the last 2.5% evasion until lvl 7 and I was trying to how much of a difference the 15% evasion made.

I hope this can be fixed quickly bc I put allot of time and effort and ability pads into that ability to get it's full benefit and without the turn meter gain it renders it only half useful and completely ruins my plans I had for it.

Replies

• Options
    You forgot to mention $$$$$$$$
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Mako482 wrote: »

Ignore this jealous person, I for one, appreciate it when people give the heads up about flaws in toons, farmable or not.

They are making chromium only toons slowly available to the masses, if they get the head up it can be fixed before then we all win.

Jesus, don't be so quick with the F2P superiority stuff that you keep people from posting about things that can possibly help everyone!

It just shows your insecurities and hurts everyone. :/

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Edit.. I used a word that was censored. :/
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »

Ignore this jealous person, I for one, appreciate it when people give the heads up about flaws in toons, farmable or not.

They are making chromium only toons slowly available to the masses, if they get the head up it can be fixed before then we all win.

Jesus, don't be so quick with the F2P superiority stuff that you keep people from posting about things that can possibly help everyone!

It just shows your insecurities and hurts everyone. :/

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Edit.. I used a word that was censored. :/

Thanks for that :smiley:

Yes, a little bit of money but not that much, and I was lucky enough to pull him from a chromium pack fairly early on, and the whole character not just shards. As far as the ability mats go if you just lvl up and play the mats challenge every time and save/focus on 1 character and ability at a time is not that hard to do it without money. I mean they offer the ability mats challenge 3 times a week dude. Don't be so quick to judge and if you have nothing helpful to add to this thread, like you also noticed this issue or if I was wrong or if this was already mentioned, then you really shouldn't be trolling and spamming threads that others, especially the devs, may find helpful. If someone was trying to decide if they should use their valuable mats on obi-wan leader ability or another toon I think this thread would be pretty valuable to them. But thanks for your obviously superior input all knowing one :smile:
  • Options
    At lvl 7 leader ability for Old Ben when characters dodge an attack they don't seem to be getting the turn meter bonus of 25% meter gain. The last time I noticed it working correctly was at lvl 5. I didn't take note of it at lvl 6 bc it didn't get the last 2.5% evasion until lvl 7 and I was trying to how much of a difference the 15% evasion made.

I hope this can be fixed quickly bc I put allot of time and effort and ability pads into that ability to get it's full benefit and without the turn meter gain it renders it only half useful and completely ruins my plans I had for it.

Actually, it does not work at level 6 either. I noticed it yesterday when my Lumi dodged a couple of attacks with Ben as a leader and didn't gain any turn meter. I tested it five minutes ago again in GW and does not work.

I'm also wondering if the % evade is correct. If I use Luminara as a leader, my characters seem to be dodging way more than whenever I use Ben (Both jedi and non jedi), but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    Yep can confirm.

Bens leader ability does not seem to work at all.

Luminara gives super evade as well.

Come on CG. Two major characters with bugged leadership.
  • Jeks
    52 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse this bug has been posted before but we've been unable to get a response. I Guess the character is rarer so less noise, but it renders his leader ability ineffective and a number of us have invested resources in it. Would be great if someone could help out!

Link to previous post with videos courtesy of @Gauss
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8993/old-ben-leader-skill-bugged
  • Options
    Yes

It sucks building and developing a whole team around Bens leadership ability only to find out it doesn't work.

Please fix so there can be more team variety.
  • Options
    Vahnfable wrote: »

Actually, it does not work at level 6 either. I noticed it yesterday when my Lumi dodged a couple of attacks with Ben as a leader and didn't gain any turn meter. I tested it five minutes ago again in GW and does not work.

I'm also wondering if the % evade is correct. If I use Luminara as a leader, my characters seem to be dodging way more than whenever I use Ben (Both jedi and non jedi), but I'm not sure.

I think you are correct about the % evade not being correct/working correctly bc I to have noticed that luminara leader ability seems much more effective than Old Ben's leader ability does also. @EA_Jesse ,considering this is a premium character and as the people who have invested in him are likely to be paying customers and not F2P players I would expect that you all should want to get this issue cleared up quickly as it is the paying customers who mostly make your business keep going. I'm not saying F2P aren't as important bc they are, I'm just saying as a business I would expect you to at least acknowledge something like this on a "premium" character.
  • Options
    Use Ben with QJ and embrace the speed!
  • Options
    I have done that before but I don't have QJ abilities up yet, just lvl 3, 4, 3, 3 from top to bottom. And although I'm considering trying that out only because I feel forced to bc of the high speed/damage meta. I will most certainly not be adding Poe to that team out of pure principle and bc I don't want to be a hypocrite as I have voiced my opinion on Poe/the current meta several times. Plus there are allot of other combinations of characters I want to try. I have allot of ideas, it's just that the current meta does not allow me to really experiment with these teams. I've got allot of characters leveled up and half way geared and abilities to about lvl 3 but until something is done about the meta and bugs for certain characters (like the one this thread is about) are fixed I won't put anymore time and resources into making anyone that won't help me combat the current meta, without adding to the problem myself, more powerful. If everyone also did this it would help allot but that won't happen and I am very off topic here, sorry for my rant.

But I do thank you for your suggestion as it is a good one, just one that I'm trying to avoid having to do but probably will in the end if I can't find a good combination otherwise.
  • Options
    Qgj lead with Ben, Luminara and Jc is my GW team and it is great.

But speed lead does not effect arena first round, so Luminara is much better.

Ben lead is for a team exploiting evade and turn meter. But since Bens leadership is broken, that team does not work :neutral:
  • Options
    Ashnana wrote: »
    Qgj lead with Ben, Luminara and Jc is my GW team and it is great.

But speed lead does not effect arena first round, so Luminara is much better.

Ben lead is for a team exploiting evade and turn meter. But since Bens leadership is broken, that team does not work :neutral:

Yep, I was trying to make a sick turn meter team but this put a hold those plans. I also use a similar team to that in GW if I'm having a troublesome opponent. Qui-Gon speed leader is actually broken the opposite way in Arena now and there are already about 7 of to top ten teams exploiting this bug on my server. It makes me so frustrated at the lengths people will go to just to win when they are not even getting a real prize. It's a game and they ruin it for everyone bc, IMHO, it's the same as cheating when done knowingly and so the first order team I've been working on is useless as are pretty much all other variety of possible teams.