Enhanced Arena Match Details

With the team Power rating, in Arena, being largely unhelpful in determining a good match for your team it would be appreciated if this section could be overhauled. I know that there's only so much screen real estate but here are my thoughts.

Reduce the "Matches" shown from 3 to 2 which thereby creates space to work with. Personally, I rarely use the far left matchup as it really doesn't help me progress much in ranking but it's possible that others do use it. I'm sure you guys have metrics in place to be able to report on that.

If you can eliminate one of these matchups with little community impact then use the extra space to report on what really matters for each character. IMHO what really matters is the following:
  • Rarity (stars), Level and Gear Tier which are already done fairly effectively (though the Gear Tier is more clear the way it's done on swgoh.gg)
  • Abilities especially Zeta's
  • Stat boosts through Mods (Health, Protection, Speed, Crit. Damage, Potency, Tenacity, Health Steal, Phy. Crit. Chance) *If too much then just italicized stats

If you can't afford to cut down to two matchups then it would be useful to add, at a bare minimum, a speed indicator, health/protection indicator and zeta marker. I'm thinking a design such as:
  • curved line/gauge visually demonstrating how much of total health is base and how much is from mods
  • curved line/gauge visually demonstrating how much of total protection is base and how much is from mods
  • curved line/gauge visually demonstrating how much of total speed is base and how much is from mods
  • zeta icon (with multiplier if appropriate for characters like R2)

I'm sure a UI expert would be able to come up with something much nicer but the bottom line is more information would be helpful. Right now I gauge a match up more on characters than team power and then cross my fingers that they aren't heavily speed modified because it's too annoying to check each character.

Replies

• Options
    Dude... speed is literally the most helpful of anything you can find out about the other team. EA made speed the end all be all that encompasses literally everything. There is little need to focus on any stat besides speed. Arena is anone trick pony show.