what exactly is zQGJ led jedi teams best against?

M_L
469 posts Member
I ask this 'cause I've never subscribed to the zMaul meta, but I do run Rex led, w zKylo, zDN, GK and Baze.

was wondering if QGJ is worth a zeta to prepare for the inevitable move from zMaul domination. like, is zQGJ specifically great against Rex leads or DN leads? 'cause I feel like they're definitely not the best against zMaul lead.

I'm assuming a team like zQGJ, GK, aayla, R2, maybe zYoda or JKA

Replies

• Options
    It beats everything on offence. It's a very good team. Zqgj, zoda, gk, then your choices of Ezra, aayla, R2, anakin, Zarris, etc. Personally, I'd pick Ezra and aayla. However, if I were to use R2, I'd use aayla as well to stealth everyone but her. Also, I would probably take out gk and put in Ezra if I were to use this tactic. So IMO,
    Zqgj, zoda, aayla, R2, Ezra. Or...
    Zqgj, zoda, gk, aayla, Ezra.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    is zYoda essential to the team? Mainly i thought R2's stealth special would somewhat mitigate the need for more foresight

or is zYoda there primarily for the tenacity up?

my main problem moving off of Rex is that rex helps everyone's speed, and without it, i fear i'm back in the speed secondary rat race that i can never really win being f2p
  • Options
    M_L wrote: »
    is zYoda essential to the team? Mainly i thought R2's stealth special would somewhat mitigate the need for more foresight

or is zYoda there primarily for the tenacity up?

my main problem moving off of Rex is that rex helps everyone's speed, and without it, i fear i'm back in the speed secondary rat race that i can never really win being f2p
    Both. Zoda is pretty essential in both regards. You can try different variations and see which you prefer anyway.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    in your opinion is ezra viable at 3 or 4 star? I only have him at the unlocked star level of 3 and I have not bothered to gear him mostly I feel like he's similar to JKA at the end state, except that I can't be sure he'll be realistically farmable (i.e. non single hard node when the cadence comes)...

i like Ezra's kit and i think he'd work great with aayla, but wondering if he needs the extra star level for the dps as i feel like that's what he'd primarily be for.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    I use this > https://swgoh.gg/u/!on3punch!/ >> Since i swapped Aayla for R2 i haven't lost on offense since then.

I don't recommend Ezra tbh... JKA is a must for heal/buff immunity... And Yoda (zBM) is also a must. BUT, you need Yoda to be the faster toon.

Against Zauls with SA you can't go first anyways, but with this team it's fairly easy to beat them now. I recommend AT LEAST 240+ speed for Yoda in order to make that team viable. I'm running mine with 258 speed, and believe me, there are faster Yodas out there with 270+
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    A friend of mine removed Yoda for Zeta R2 and says it's easier to kill Zaul teams especially if they have SA. I haven't leveled R2 yet. Waiting to see what's the General thought on him when the hype is gone
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Whoa, how exactly is he beating those teams without Tenacity up?
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    Yoda most of the time vs SA loses the speed battle depending on mods (Keep in mind all shards are different) so by the time Yoda applies Tenacity your squad is most likely debuffed so R2 does a better job then Yoda here because all crits will clense your Jediwhile having yoda you only put Tenacity up after your already debuffed
  • Options
    what level are people putting r2 in the mix. I have him at 7* G8 now but his speed is only about 165. I have zqgj, jka, zyoda. I have been running them with ima and lumi but have been hoping to replace both of them. I will be working aayla next as soon as i finish farming death trooper for my trooper team. Rex will be ready to roll in about a week but hes at 6*G7 so he isn't ready.
    I had though zqgj, zyoda, jka, aayla and rex would eventually be my group but now R2 is here. very confused as to who to move out.
  • Options
    and i don't have GK. we aren't ready as a guild to take haat yet )=
  • Options
    I use this > https://swgoh.gg/u/!on3punch!/ >> Since i swapped Aayla for R2 i haven't lost on offense since then.

I don't recommend Ezra tbh... JKA is a must for heal/buff immunity... And Yoda (zBM) is also a must. BUT, you need Yoda to be the faster toon.

Against Zauls with SA you can't go first anyways, but with this team it's fairly easy to beat them now. I recommend AT LEAST 240+ speed for Yoda in order to make that team viable. I'm running mine with 258 speed, and believe me, there are faster Yodas out there with 270+

Hey we're shardmates! I'm working on R2 since I've heard great things about him and zqgj. Any reason you aren't sold on Ezra? Seems like a good combo with aayla for assist+stun but my jka seems to be the best way to defeat chaze
  • Options
    It works great on teams that rely on buffs. For all the complaining about the Rex lead "meta" in the arena, a zQGJ team just demolishes Rex leads with ease. Rex pops up with tenacity, giving QGJ the chance to provide offense up for the entire Jedi team. Rex himself is squishy, so he goes down quickly. I actively look for Rex leads in my arena shard just for this purpose.

Sith teams are much harder to beat, as are Rebel teams with Chaze. The QGJ teams need to be able to focus on one toon at a time to take them out, because they have no real area attacks and don't have high blast damage to destroy one toon in one shot the way some teams have (Wiggs, Clones with Cody lead).

I run a zQGJ lead team with AS, LU, Yoda, and Mace. I've tried other combinations, but this one works best for me. QG and Mace can cleanse, and that's a necessity when facing empire teams with Shore or RG on them protecting Palpatine. Yoda provides a hard defense against Palpatine and zeta Vader, and with his zeta provides foresight fairly often in a battle. QG is providing foresight, speed and offense. AS has a great counter and stuns, and calls for assists. And Lumi provides healing when needed, and ability block. I can mow down EP or Zader lead teams without losing a toon with this combo.

But against Wiggs teams, or Sith teams, you'll struggle. I'm hoping to replace Lumi or Mace with GK once I get him ramped up enough, but I'm just not there yet.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    ugh, just seems like if i leave my rex lead, i'd need enough speed for all 5 toons. right now at least i have the luxury of not sticking any speed mods on my auto taunter, and not too much rex himself

i'm ok with taking the first round of zMaul team, who usually have SA. and it's RNG dependent. i could get demolished but if i survive the first round i have a pretty good shot
  • Options
    ugh, just seems like if i leave my rex lead, i'd need enough speed for all 5 toons. right now at least i have the luxury of not sticking any speed mods on my auto taunter, and not too much rex himself

i'm ok with taking the first round of zMaul team, who usually have SA. and it's RNG dependent. i could get demolished but if i survive the first round i have a pretty good shot

+30 speed to all Jedi under zqgj lead helps offset the tm gain from Rex lead, but you'll need all or mostly Jedi
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Yoda most of the time vs SA loses the speed battle depending on mods (Keep in mind all shards are different) so by the time Yoda applies Tenacity your squad is most likely debuffed so R2 does a better job then Yoda here because all crits will clense your Jediwhile having yoda you only put Tenacity up after your already debuffed

Oh, i understand your line of thought. But that's how it goes, SA boost TM, Maul, DN, etc lands their Aoes, you get debuffed indeed, than comes Yoda, that by then will be crit immune thx to GK, use his zBM giving ten up + crit imun to everyone and foresight obviously... Then GK cleanse the debuffs = gg... I'm not even counting on R2 for this lol... His stealth giving it's amazing though... And i'm close to zeta his crit cleanse skill as well... His kit is awesome.

But as stated, i can't see my zQGJ without Yoda, at all...
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

Hey we're shardmates! I'm working on R2 since I've heard great things about him and zqgj. Any reason you aren't sold on Ezra? Seems like a good combo with aayla for assist+stun but my jka seems to be the best way to defeat chaze

Hahah indeed we are shardmates, cool!! Well, Ezra doesn't give me any reasons to think he is a must you know? His kit is ... Medium...? The double attack seems nice but... It's not all about pure dmg... I can't see my Jedi team without JKA... He hits hard, debuff the enemy and still have that 100% tm gain whenever an ally becomes below 50% health... Ezra can't take his place, ever.

And about Aayla... It was with great pain that i've dropped Aayla over R2, she's so amazing with counter-stun-assist basic.... BUT, i had Aayla with 216 speed, which means 246 speed under qgj... And now my R2 has 246 speed, so i haven't lost speed by switching toons since he's running the same speed as she would with QGJ bonus. Plus, R2 boosts my dmg, gives me stealth and reduces the enemy dodge chance... Also, 80% stun on basic with extra damage for burned toons... His kit it's simple overwhelming.

• Tophar
    111 posts Member
    Options

Oh, i understand your line of thought. But that's how it goes, SA boost TM, Maul, DN, etc lands their Aoes, you get debuffed indeed, than comes Yoda, that by then will be crit immune thx to GK, use his zBM giving ten up + crit imun to everyone and foresight obviously... Then GK cleanse the debuffs = gg... I'm not even counting on R2 for this lol... His stealth giving it's amazing though... And i'm close to zeta his crit cleanse skill as well... His kit is awesome.

Anyone else finding sith assassin bugged? Her dark shroud has been dispelling Jedi foresight for me....
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options

That is always the negative. It's a tough call. Figure out which is more fun to you, and stick with that one for a while.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Your first 4 GW nodes.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    in your opinion is ezra viable at 3 or 4 star? I only have him at the unlocked star level of 3 and I have not bothered to gear him mostly I feel like he's similar to JKA at the end state, except that I can't be sure he'll be realistically farmable (i.e. non single hard node when the cadence comes)...

i like Ezra's kit and i think he'd work great with aayla, but wondering if he needs the extra star level for the dps as i feel like that's what he'd primarily be for.
    He is miles better than anakin; the difference is night and day. Get him to 4*, gear him and you won't regret it.
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    Tophar wrote: »

Anyone else finding sith assassin bugged? Her dark shroud has been dispelling Jedi foresight for me....

This! Yes I have. I knew something was wrong as my Jedi were losing foresight at the beginning but playing on 4x speed I wasn't sure on what was exactly happening. I am going to investigate further today
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

I haven't noticed it, but one thing they did change about foresight is that now it drops before someone attacks instead of after.

So what you may be seeing is SA using her tm move, and then foresight immediately dropping right before the next sith uses an AoE. it may be tricky to see in 4x speed, but i bet they still dodged.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    zYoda is not faster than an equally modded SA under zMaul. zYoda adds foresight which u start with anyways and tenacity to your already debuffed team.

zQGJ(L), Aayla, Ezra, GK, R2.

W/ R2, your jedi self-cleanse when they crit, they get a health, prot and offense boost and u get a 2nd stunner as well as having 2 dispellers and 4 assist-callers.
  • Tophar
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »

I haven't noticed it, but one thing they did change about foresight is that now it drops before someone attacks instead of after.

So what you may be seeing is SA using her tm move, and then foresight immediately dropping right before the next sith uses an AoE. it may be tricky to see in 4x speed, but i bet they still dodged.

Sadly not, the 1st aoe is landing

Got some screen grabs - assassin goes, foresight drops then Vader lands dot

https://postimg.org/image/c2js1jepb/

https://postimg.org/image/p2sybt8pj/
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If Yoda goes b4 SA and applies foresight, Dark Shroud doesn't drop it but if it's the starting foresight, it does.
  • Tophar
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    If Yoda goes b4 SA and applies foresight, Dark Shroud doesn't drop it but if it's the starting foresight, it does.

Never did that until today....also why would it dispell either, dark shroud doesn't attack per say
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

Which means = Bug. Honestly, i've fought some Zauls with SA teams so far and i haven't noticed she was dropping foresight with the cloak, since i've won lol... Anyways, if this IS happening, it's a bug.
  • Tophar
    111 posts Member
    Options

Which means = Bug. Honestly, i've fought some Zauls with SA teams so far and i haven't noticed she was dropping foresight with the cloak, since i've won lol... Anyways, if this IS happening, it's a bug.

It's only since R2 update, the guy I was fighting in the screen grabs above has payout 1 hour before me so I must fight him 3/4 times a week - this is a new issue