R2 event advice needed...

Hello.

I'm on the last two challenges of the event. My team consist of Emperor Palpatine (L), Vader (non-zeta), RG, TIE Pilot, and Snowtrooper. They're all 85 and 7* with their abilities either at lvl 7 or maxed. I should be able to have all their gear be at a minimum of g8 before the event ends. Mods are a mixed bag.

Looking for some advice on modding/swapping out mods for the fight and strategy tips, please.

Thanks!

Replies

• Javik
    246 posts Member
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1051943#Comment_1051943 Here is a thread with a good discussion on completing the event and what characters and level, geart etc... was used.
  • Options
    Thanks for the link. I read it, good info to see where I stand. One thing I couldn't find is there's some mod optimization given the fight?
  • Options
    3 gear 11 toons seems to be the trick. Me and my guild leader did it that way. Other toons were g7 and g8. I beat it on auto, not sure if he actually played manual or auto to get his. I dunno if g8 for all 5 is enough or not.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    I would recommend all your toons to be at least gear IX or X to make it less daunting. Good mods also make a big difference. If you have to switch things around from other toons just for this event I suggest you do that
  • Options
    I did it with G11 Zader, TFP, and Tarkin, plus G10 Palp and RG.

So I don't really know how to comment on your struggles. No idea if G8 is even close to enough to beat the last tier but I would think you need a couple G10 at least and the rest G9.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Some people have managed it with much lower than G10/11 squads, but I'm not sure how low exactly. Most people seem to have at least a G10 Vader or Palpy.
  • Options
    G9 and g10 empire and kill r2d2 first.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    I highly doubt gear 8 will cut it. You would need some truly bad **** mods. Some super high speed ones anyways. I think gear 10 is a good goal for this event. My empire was all gear 11, and half of them were modded well. Wasn't any issue for me to beat it with that.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    I had him 7* with a team: EP (lead) level 85 Gear X, Vader level 85 gear XI, RG level 84 Gear 9, Tarkin and Snowtrooper at level 80 gear 8. I lost Tarkin and Snowtrooper so gear 8 may be a bit tough for this event.
  • Options
    omgwhyEACG wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. I read it, good info to see where I stand. One thing I couldn't find is there's some mod optimization given the fight?
    Just put shift arena mods onto them. The more speed secondaries the better, of course. Just to put things into perspective, I beat it fairly comfortably (EP, Vader and RG still standing strong at the end) with:
    EP lead gear 10
    TFP gear 9
    Rg gear 10
    Vader gear 8
    Tarkin gear 7
    You could probably do it if you get a little more gear onto rg, EP and ideally TFP too.
  • Options
    Did it with Palp lead g11 and Vader,Tarkin,tfp and rg all gear 9.Put as much speed as you can to all of them

Palp-Potency,Speed and Offence
    TFP-Speed,Critical Damage and Critical Chance
    RG-Protection,Potency and Protection(Yeah,again)
    Tarkin-Speed and Potency,as much potency as you can,no need for him to do great dmg
    Vader-Same with Tarkin

Kill Leia first, try to stun R2 with RG,use Tarkin' aoe moves first and palp's stun move too,ability block old Ben with TFP. Once you remain with R2,Old Ben and Chewie kill R2 as quickly as you can.

Boom you made it..!Good luck!
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    I did it with your exact same team.
    I had taken snow to 7* just for this event. I beat it on my first attempt without mods on snow, and Vader missing two mods.
    EP and tfp g10 (not even very fast)
    Rg g9
    Vader and snow g8

You might have to move some mods around to make up for your gear level, but you got this.
  • Options
    I did it with a g10 palp lead, g10 Vader, g10 rg, g9 tfp and g8 snow trooper. All level 85 and ability is maxed.

I didn't lose a toon until the last tier, and it was snow trooper. You don't have to 3* the tier to get 7* R2.

As far as mods go, I really didn't have anything remarkable (I.e, no "uber" mods) and I seemed to do just fine.

If all you toons are g8, it might be a little tougher and RNG might have to come into play more. If you had them all g9 at least, I'd say you should be able to clear the last two tiers, but that's just my opinion.