Has anyone cleared all Dark Side battles?

Prev1
I am level 70 now and even my best team of dark side level 70s in Tier 8 three 7 stars, one 6 star, and one 5 star I am still having a difficult time making it thru the higher dark side battles. I just finished 7-E Normal with 1 star, and really all the stage 7 normal battles have been tough with 1 star or 2 star finishes. I can't even imagine how I can finish the stage 7 Hard battles. Has anyone finished all the dark side battles including the stage 7 Hard battles?

Another issue is the dark side ally system. The game would only offer me a level 61 Darth Maul from my actual allies the rest were AI generated crap allies. I have 35 allies and never have this issue on the light side. However, I've read the suggestions here on the forums to change your team and remove Captain Phasma and Darth Sidious so you are offered better allies.

Unfortunately this does nothing at all I purposely chose a team with less common dark side characters like Boba Fett, Grand Moff Tarkin, Greedo, Kylo Ren, and Asajj Ventress, yet the game would still only offer me a 61 Darth Maul or random generated crap allies. Even if I close the app and reopen it nothing changes. It's almost like game is puposefully programmed to give you very few good ally choices on dark side in order to artificially increase the difficulty.

Replies

• Options
    I've finished all of them, but just barely on the last 2 hard nodes. Not all 3 stars. All 7* DS toons

I'm having the same issue as you tho. I havnt had any of my good allies show up for DS missions in about a week. Only my lower level allies. It's been driving me nuts
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    If by cleared you mean finished with at least 2 stars, then yes. I have. I have 3 stared everything except the final 7 hard mission. I only got 2 stars on that one.

I cannot remeber if I finished it before i hit 70 or not, but my normal ds lineup is sidious leader 7*, Phasma 7*, Kylo 7*, Ventress 7*, and Daka 7*. All were max level except Ventress who is still 63. I am not sure who my ally was, but most of my allies are in the top 50 on my server, so the ones available are usually pretty stout.

Krey
  • Options
    Tony167 wrote: »
    I've finished all of them, but just barely on the last 2 hard nodes. Not all 3 stars. All 7* DS toons

I'm having the same issue as you tho. I havnt had any of my good allies show up for DS missions in about a week. Only my lower level allies. It's been driving me nuts

Gotta be a bug or intentional.
  • Options
    I breezed through it with my droid team. Picked up either Phasma or Sid from allies, 3 starred everything. I brought my 6* Daka along but I rarely needed to heal.
  • Options
    Toolio wrote: »
    I breezed through it with my droid team. Picked up either Phasma or Sid from allies, 3 starred everything. I brought my 6* Daka along but I rarely needed to heal.

Yeah I was using Old Daka and Talia, but the AI has a tendency to focus fire Old Daka.
  • Options
    Yeah finished them all, hard included. Gotta run with Daka and Talia. Those 2 are a must. I think my ally was a 7* L70 L70 5000 power phase which helped
  • Options
    Same issue with the allies. The best way to finish the stage 7 DS missions seems to be by bringing a high dps team (e.g. droids+geonosians) then getting a buff or support ally. You wouldn't need heals from Daka/Talia if you can burst most of the enemies in 1 or 2 turns.
  • Options
    I cleared all 3* at level 68, Sidious (L), old daka, dooku, FOTP, kylo ren
  • Options
    I just beat 7-F with 1 star the best ally I could get was a level 68 AI generates Mob Enforcer....
  • Miller
    103 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I 3* everything thanks to Qeltar. He has a strong Daka. Maybe he can help you.
    Or maybe i can help you too. I have 88 as leader (max).
    235-415-739
  • Options
    Miller wrote: »
    I 3* everything thanks to Qeltar. He has a strong Daka. Maybe he can help you.

My Old Daka is 5 star but I doubt Qeltar's ally code would do me any good, because the game isn't offering me any allies from any of my 35 allies now. Just AI generated low powered horribly gear jokes for allies.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I did fine through the normal difficulty but on the hard I could only 2* 7-C but i didn't need Plo shards so haven't bothered trying again.

I took my 7* Daka and 5* Talia to get through but I agree, the allies available were either pathetic or nonexistent and just the system generated ones.

10zzbkm.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Weird. Wait 4 hours or something.
  • Options
    I've 3* everything. My DS team

7* phasma lead
    7* sid
    7* FOTP
    7* old daka
    7* boba

I usually borrow someone's Talia, or dooku. If I don't see one of them offered, I close out the battle and check back about 30 minutes to an hour later. I didn't bother running any DS missions until I got a high lvl, at least gear 7 of one of them 2.

In case your wondering why boba. Use his AoE to ability block in 1st and last battle to stop AoEs. If you can use in 2nd round, don't, wait for last battle and burn AoE hitters first. 2nd round is when you use heals.

If you don't have daka and can't barrow one I wouldn't even bother trying. Her rez has been the main reason more than a couple times why I finished it at 3*.
  • Options
    Does seem pretty odd, I seem to always have an abundant amount of high lvl Sids available to used as allies, maybe try adding new people?
  • Sixplicit
    88 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I finished it with all purple gear but not all 7* and not all Lvl 70 toons.

7* Sid Lvl 70
    7* Daka Lvl 69
    7* Kylo Lvl 69
    6* Maul Lvl 63
    6* Fett Lvl 60

Old Daka is key for revive and heal. The Aoe is also key. I notice enemy toons focus on Fett then Daka. I didn't need to try any Lvl more than the first time with this team however I only got one star on last hard stage.
  • Options
    Now I'm farming Daka and the great new is better Talia will come out next patch
  • Options
    Cleared it all 3*
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Try not to bring any squishies with you. Borrowing a Maul or IG-88 might help dish out the AOE, but they're difficult to keep alive. I 3-starred all of them, frequently with Savage as an ally because he is pretty difficult to kill (for the AI in PvE).

My usual DS team is 7* Phasma lead, 5* Dooku, 6* Daka, 7* Kylo Ren, 7* Sid. For the last node I borrowed a 7* Talia for an extra heal but she ended up getting focused down right away in the third encounter. From there I just got lucky with Phasma's assists plus Daka and Dooku's stuns against The Jedi. If you can get Dooku and Daka on your team, spread around their basics once you proc some stuns. Stun as many people as you can and focus fire on whoever is left. Take care to wipe healers early and try to avoid attacking Aayla or Fisto unless they're stunned so you can avoid their counters.

Cool down management with Daka's heals is pretty important too. In the first two battles sometimes it's not a bad idea to fire off a heal when you don't really NEED it just to keep your team topped off, but you want to time that cool down so you can use it early in the third encounter. You're likely to take some heavy damage in the first few rounds there, and it's usually not a quick fight against those Hard-7 bosses so you get a chance to land a clutch revive late in the game with good cool down management and a little bit of luck.
  • Options
    Just to show that it can be done with a non 7* team, I managed to beat it with this setup:

6* Phasma (L) lvl 67 g8
    7* Sid lvl 67 g8
    6* Kylo lvl 67 g7
    4* Vader lvl 64 g7
    4* Boba lvl 61 g7

I would generally borrow a strong AOE character from my allies and then focus fire down the enemy toons one at a time using CDs strategically. Often times, I ended up wiping out all toons except the boss on the final stage with an AOE barrage (especially if I managed to borrow a Poggle). In the hard missions, I only managed to 3* Rey's node due to lucky Boba revives.
  • Options
    For me I ran phasma (leader), asajj, dooku, dakka and kylo. I try and pick someone hard hitting as my ally. Sooooo much stun via dooku, asajj and dakka along with the phasma extra attacks. Worked a treat for me. Not all 7* (dooku was 4* then!), but all were nearly maxed in gear.
  • Options
    FTP all 3 starred with Sid Dooku Kylo Daka and Phasma
  • Options
    @Robbathehutt who do you use as leader for the missions? More people have this issue and I think the game doesnt shows allies who are the same as your leader. So if all your allies use phasma or sid you won't see them if you use phasma or sid as lead.
  • Options
    7* Phas (leader - the extra attacks are helpful)
    7* Sid
    6* Talia
    5* Dooku
    5* Daka
    Between the bonus attacks and stuns with D&D +the healing of Daka & Talia, it worked better than I thought. But I did wait until I had at least a decent ally (anything with purple gear)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    @Robbathehutt who do you use as leader for the missions? More people have this issue and I think the game doesnt shows allies who are the same as your leader. So if all your allies use phasma or sid you won't see them if you use phasma or sid as lead.

Normally I use Phasma, but I changed it to Boba Fett to see if it would give me different ally choices and it didn't. :neutral:
  • Options
    Lower level allies?? I usually clean up my allies n get rid of ones who aren't keeping pace
  • Options
    I just beat 7-G with 1 star at the end it was just Phasma and Sidious vs. Kit Fisto pretty sad really. The killed Old Daka almost immediately in round 3 giving me ZERO chance at using her heal and they nearly killed Talia too, but luckily I was able to use her heal once before they killed her. This saved Dooku for a bit.

Still the ally issue is the same or worse, I was offeried no allies from my allies and just AI generated poo. I ended up having to pick a level 68 Imperial Royal Guard just because I knew he had alot of HP and would last past round 1 and buff my team a little as well. He did last to round 3 so it was probably a good pick all things considered. :neutral:
  • Options
    The allys are generated each time you look at them. Most will be the same but some should be new. You can repeatedly change your ally until you get a new one. For the harder battles I waited for someone if a reasonable level before attacking.
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    Options
    When you change your leader, are you just putting in a different leader and backing up to the ally select screen? Not to beat a dead horse, but when you change your leader to free them up as an ally, you actually have to complete a battle with that character as your leader before your ally options will change. I've heard that on iOS this actually extends to your entire party (nobody present in your team for the last battle you completed will show up as an ally).
  • Options
    Daezl wrote: »
    When you change your leader, are you just putting in a different leader and backing up to the ally select screen? Not to beat a dead horse, but when you change your leader to free them up as an ally, you actually have to complete a battle with that character as your leader before your ally options will change. I've heard that on iOS this actually extends to your entire party (nobody present in your team for the last battle you completed will show up as an ally).

This might be the issue then.