Should I use death trooper?

StarWeed
13 posts Member
edited May 2017
My arena team is empire and my shard is full of wiggs/chaze, plus a few other factions like empire, sith, FO, BH, droids, and Jedi. October 2016 shard. No GK's but lots of g11 squads and zetas.

I manage to take 1st daily, but chaze can be a real pain sometimes. I haven't started to farm B2, but I have Death Trooper half way to 6 stars and gear 8 currently, I also have a Maul G8 that looks like a good companion for Death Troopers basic ability. Im thinking about focusing gearing him up and putting him on my arena team, or at least a toon to rotate in depending on opponents.

I currently run a Zader lead and my team is as follows:
Zader G11
TFP G11
Shore G 11
EP G11
Boba/Savage G10 depending on opponent

So I'd like to know what the community thinks...is death trooper a good toon? Is his kit good utility against chaze and zKylo and teams who rely on buffs? Is he viable in the short term with lower star and gear levels or do I need to wait till he's maxed to insert him? Is he a permanent addition or just a rotating 5th toon?

Replies

• Options
    Boba is great against chaze. Just build him with good speed to get the early ability block, then let hot's build up for the execute. He is also a pilot to add.
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hmm. Boba is a lovely guy, but I think he was asking about Death Trooper.

I don't use him in my arena team, but he's a major part of the Empire squad I use in GW against rebels. The daze and double shot against rebels is great for preventing Biggs TM gain from Empire damage and the grenade AOE dispel is awesome. Plus, when that ability is maxed out, it will increase cool downs from anyone who isn't buffed. That plus deathmark makes him an essential part of any Empire squad in my book.

As for his viability at lower star levels, it kind of depends on who else you have. Under Palpatine and with Shoretrooper, he gets a good health bonus and seems pretty sturdy.

Also, he's in the cantina battles level 8, which opens up at level 82 I believe. So it's not super hard to max him out, unlike Krennic etc
  • StarWeed
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Boba is great against chaze. Just build him with good speed to get the early ability block, then let hot's build up for the execute. He is also a pilot to add.

Even with Zader and Boba and two other toons who can debuff, it's total RNG wether Shore can out last Baze or if wiggs and chirrut can start picking off my toons before baze has enough health worn off to kill with culling blade or execute.
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have Death Trooper at almost gear 11 and 6*, personally he's great in GW but not so much in Arena. You'd be much better with Nihilus
  • DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I use him in arena he's 5 ★ g11 206 speed and I love him. Chaze is no issue for me as DT makes them my biooootch + can put death mark on a toon even If they have tenacity up is very deadly. My latest vid with him.
    https://youtu.be/7BoJvExqp3Y
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    Options
    He need to bee above 200 Speed to be effective in Arena.

DT and DN under a Zader Lead are a realy good base for an decent arenateam
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    I run GK lead DN Rex DT and Zarris. Haven't lost on offense in weeks.
  • DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

Got a vid & stats? Sounds like quite the tempting team lol
  • StarWeed
    13 posts Member
    Options
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    He need to bee above 200 Speed to be effective in Arena.

DT and DN under a Zader Lead are a realy good base for an decent arenateam

Should I remove EP? At least against wiggs/chaze EP feels like a weak link. Even if he can outspeed everyone and get good RNG on stunning the whole team, with all the aoe I use, it wears off right away and Biggs is getting off the triple shot.
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I modded DT to go before Palps, if you hit Biggs with daze, you can use the stun and he won't get the instant TM.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    DeeRod12 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »

Got a vid & stats? Sounds like quite the tempting team lol

Don't have a vid. I have some pretty awesome mods. Everybody has at least plus 90 speed but this squad hardly needs any mods. In fact only DN and Rex really need any speed and the thing you will probably be short on is defense primaries.