Bunch of Savage Opress Qs

Sweven
58 posts Member
I had stopped playing when Sith got buffed so I missed out on a lot of useful Savage info. I've just started paying attention to him in an effort to have a full Sith roster on at least gear VIII. Have loaded him with potency and critical chance secondaries with one 28% critical damage mod. I have not zeta him yet and would like to know if he's any good without it in GW under a Palpatine or Maul lead.
I'm also open to hear some thoughts on if I've nodded him properly or if I need to change. I would like to run a Sith B team in GW with Savage, Nihilius, Assassin, Trooper, and maybe Sidious. Who should be the leader for that team?

Replies

• jm21
    72 posts Member
    Options
    I would say nihilius, just because health steal is really helpful for survival. I use him as my leader and it essentially becomes starting every node on full health.
  • Sweven
    58 posts Member
    Options
    @jm21 any thoughts on the mods I've mentioned above? and on the leader of the Sith B team?
  • jm21
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, the nihilus answer was for the leader of Sith B squad. I haven't done a ton with SO to be honest, it is just difficult to go against. So I can't add for the mods. But I know SO under Nihilus lead is hard to deal with, since he gets buffed whenever he gets damages, then when he attacks he gains some of that health back
  • Options
    I think he's saying use Nihilus as your leader, and I agree. I use a Nihilus B team for GW myself, it's great.

As for mods, I don't know that you need potency on Savage, since he isn't really used for debuffing. I'd lean towards health and crit chance mods, with a focus on offense and protection primaries, speed arrow, crit dam triangle. Speed and offense secondaries if possible.
  • Sweven
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks @jm21 and @tharduskafka. Nihilius B team lead sounds good, usually I introduce him to GW after the 6th node.

I put Critical Chance and Potency mods so he lands offence down more often, but am unsure if I've done the right thing.
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Right, I forgot about offense down. Potency is good then. I just realized the mods I recommended before are best under a Maul lead. Under Nihilus there are no crits, so ignore that.
    I'd stick with health and potency sets, with a focus on speed, offense and protection. All the extra protection turns into health, so it's better to use those rather than health primaries. Make sense?
  • Sweven
    58 posts Member
    Options
    @tharduskafka yeah that makes things a lot clearer. I'm going to re-work his mods to add more offense and protection because I've been comparing him to the others for the past few minutes and found his damage severely lacking.

Too bad I already went through all my GW battles or I'd test him with Maul and Nihilius leads. I won't be introducing him to the Arena anytime soon and primarily will be running it GW so I'll try and add more speed and offense too.
  • Options
    If you plan on zetaing him he becomes a real pain to kill so mod wise you're looking for protection, health and defense with him I usually think of the offense down as a bonus not something to rely on.
  • Options
    Can ZetaSavage dispell Zader(Leader)'s DoT ?
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options

No one can dispell zvader dots when he's lead, until he is dead.
  • Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »

ok! thank u for quick response :)
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    I'd say skip the potency and go with offense or crit chance. He doesn't need the potency to apply his offense down, it's pretty consistent regardless. I have him zetad and use him in arena and gw every day.OqCt0pZ.png
  • Options
    I just zetad him yesterday and wow. He literally can take out 2 to 4 people on his own. He gets hit and gains health and tm. His arch nemesis however is boba fett. When savage gets all the buffs and debuffs he can have on average 10+ the boba execute will finish him instantly
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options

Not 100% true. they do get dispeled, they just immediatly comes back.

zader is one of the people that can wreck him bc of this. If zavage gets a bunch of dots stacked, the takes on other dots - culling blade wrecks him
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Broxxor wrote: »

Not 100% true. they do get dispeled, they just immediatly comes back.

zader is one of the people that can wreck him bc of this. If zavage gets a bunch of dots stacked, the takes on other dots - culling blade wrecks him

Oyes, even worse with Vader/Boba. Mmmmmmmmm tastey buffs/debuffs
  • Sweven
    58 posts Member
    Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I'd say skip the potency and go with offense or crit chance. He doesn't need the potency to apply his offense down, it's pretty consistent regardless. I have him zetad and use him in arena and gw every day.OqCt0pZ.png

That's good to know. I was already going to re-work his mods upon reading the comments, now I have a pretty good idea of what stats he needs buffed and by which mods. Cheers!
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    If its for GW the only way go go is under Nihilus. The health steal keeps the team alive for the multiple battles.
    jm21 wrote: »
    I would say nihilius, just because health steal is really helpful for survival. I use him as my leader and it essentially becomes starting every node on full health.

They're my first team on GW (they're very underpowered) and usually make it to around node 6. The health steal is too good, so if the team really is for GW its Nihilus or bust. Agree with what's already stated about offense and crit chance in this setup too. He's already pretty survivable, so giving him some more "oomph" to his hitting power will increase the health steal.