Jedi Consular rework

Sabre strike- unchanged

Attack is defence- Does special damage to the target, this attack has a 50% health steal and has a 50% chance to stun the target for 1 turn.

Jedi healing- heal all allies 50% of there max health and remove all negative stats, but for each negative status removed reduce the healing effect by 5%, if no negative stats are removed in this way Jedi consular gains 50% turn meter.

Just my thoughts on a rework.

Replies

• Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    Options
    Their.

But I like it, still makes JC an underpowered character, but helps make him a lot more viable as a starting character.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!...
    Maybe also give him a synergy with Jedi night guardian, who also needs a rework :)
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi need a faction pass period.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    He's a crummy starter toon.

I don't much like his ship either (thought lots of people like to use it).

He needs to get buried with JKG, not get a rework.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Why? He's a generic starter toon, and I never got the impression he was going to be more than that when I started playing.
  • Options
    He's in need of rework as well as MANY of the starter toons. His ship imo is great but he lacks what it takes to be arena viable. .and imo all toons should be arena viable. It would be soooo much funner if we could actally use a variety of toons instead of "meta" for once. But $$$ rules and having the exact same as everyone seems to be the trend. 90= of my shard consists of wiggs and the rest is a mix of nihilus and rouge 1. It's as always...getting old. I am proud on the other hand of being a F2P member and still compete in the top 50 with loads of whales.
  • Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    Options
    He gets you thru fine at the early game stages. I replaced him with lumi pretty early cause back then her special was a heavy hitter. She's the one who could use rework along with mace,PLO,maybe fitso
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Why? He's a generic starter toon, and I never got the impression he was going to be more than that when I started playing.

His ship is an absolute beast, and leveling him up makes it that much stronger.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • EkoDroid
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Mrjenkins wrote: »
    He gets you thru fine at the early game stages. I replaced him with lumi pretty early cause back then her special was a heavy hitter. She's the one who could use rework along with mace,PLO,maybe fitso

For a generic character he is decent. Easy to farm and I think almost all of us have used him to get Yoda, and his ship is a beast, as Snakes pointed out. Others have mentioned toons more in need of a rework, generic toons are just that, named toons are the ones I feel should be viable.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    If he wasn't a Republic pilot, he would lose all need in late game.

As it is, his usefulness is marginal at best. His ship is only really good in a Republic Fleet once things get rolling. He is too slow to be useful without Rex's speed boost, and the boost to the protection he gives out for a full Republic Fleet means it will actually make a difference with how little his turn comes around.

I don't see him getting a rework just because of his ease to acquire. That being said, I do like the OP's rework of him except that I see no need to reduce the effectiveness of his healing based on cleansing.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi who?
  • Noizeman
    57 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    If he wasn't a Republic pilot, he would lose all need in late game.

As it is, his usefulness is marginal at best. His ship is only really good in a Republic Fleet once things get rolling. He is too slow to be useful without Rex's speed boost, and the boost to the protection he gives out for a full Republic Fleet means it will actually make a difference with how little his turn comes around.

I know it's all subjective, but I find him very useful in my rather disparate fleet. If my Biggs gets hammered early on (most of the time) then his protection buff usually buys me an extra turn. His targeted assist also means I can get Vader's TIE out to apply another target lock, which (potentially) buffs Biggs a little and works fairly nicely with Mace's capital ship.

Then again I tend to lurk around 150 in arena sooooo....
  • Options
    He's in need of rework as well as MANY of the starter toons. His ship imo is great but he lacks what it takes to be arena viable. .and imo all toons should be arena viable. It would be soooo much funner if we could actally use a variety of toons instead of "meta" for once. But $$$ rules and having the exact same as everyone seems to be the trend. 90= of my shard consists of wiggs and the rest is a mix of nihilus and rouge 1. It's as always...getting old. I am proud on the other hand of being a F2P member and still compete in the top 50 with loads of whales.

No, no, no, no.
    Please, no
    *inserts NOOOOOO meme here*
    We cannot have every toon being equal in power-everyone will be able to beat everyone, and next thing you know a Nightsister team can beat R1 full squad and balance will be thrown out of the window.
  • Options

This
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options

This

Meh. Outside of a full republic fleet, his ship is only an absolute beast if you are trying to psyche your opponents out with a bloated fleet power. He's got a really good ship. top 20 easily, but not really that good overall due to low speed.
  • JRCPKT99
    292 posts Member
    Options

This.

I don't feel like every toon needs to be arena viable. Or even used for anything other than the last chance GW character.

All I really care about is that iconic characters have a purpose
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi zonsular
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Giving the Consular one of the most versitile and important ships in fleet WAS the rework.

Consular is supposed to be a character you grow out of. Good in the beginning, but ultimately to be set aside in favor of better characters--usually Luminara, who also gets set aside later on in the game. Then, when you get to fleet battles, you have a strong enough team that you can afford to re-invest in old characters.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Meh. Outside of a full republic fleet, his ship is only an absolute beast if you are trying to psyche your opponents out with a bloated fleet power. He's got a really good ship. top 20 easily, but not really that good overall due to low speed.

Top 20 isn't saying much considering there's only 26 ships lol... he used to start for me because of his extra attack and protection up but since I unlocked Vader's Tie and Rex's Arc, JC's ship doesn't even sit on the bench anymore.
  • Options
    Giving the Consular one of the most versitile and important ships in fleet WAS the rework.

This.
  • Options
    Why would they bother to rework a no name character when they can add a fan favourite or character from the new movies and make more money from people scrambling to get them!?
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    He could do with one, but I would rather they spend their efforts elsewhere. And, this is coming from someone who uses his ship, and has him at T8 or T9 gear and 7*.
  • Options
    I'm with Mzee.

Mine is 6* + 56shards; gear Tier8 (one Furnace away from T9). He's going to be my 5th 7* jedi in the Yoda challenge in a couple weeks (average of 3 shards/day x 18 days = 54, so I'm just using regular energy on Hard nodes). His ship is key to my eventual Zeta strategy. I regularly use him in GW's first 5 nodes and on occasion even later in GW.

He's not a good toon, but neither is he a truly bad toon. He has his uses. It's not a named character.

Ultimately not everyone can be above average. JC would be below average without his ship, with it he's... average. Not terrible. Not good. Average.

There are lots of toons more in need of a rework than an average JC, and lots of factions that need a rework even more than the Jedi do. There are so many Jedi that even though there isn't a truly great all-Jedi team with wicked synergies, you have several Jedi playing at the highest levels of Arena and GW. How many NightSisters can do that?

No, I would support a full faction pass where they really gave thought into making Jedi protectors as the Jedi were always said to be. I'd support taking a bit of time on characters that were supposed to be among the elite in power, even compared to other Jedi masters, but who ended up implemented in the game in ways that not only failed to compare evenly with other Jedi, but their implementations were just...boring. No fun to play. The only Black jedi, one that is supposed to be superior to Yoda in lightsaber combat, is not only underpowered, but he's so overwhelmingly pedestrian. There's nothing special about him. For a character played by an actor with the cool factor of Samuel L Jackson, that is a tragic step down.

Give NightSisters some love. Give Jedi some thought in an attempt to rework the faction as a whole. Give some characters like Mace that had true cool in the movies the rework they deserve.

Sometime after that, if the game is still going, they can look again at JC.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    It's worth pointing out that not all reworks have to be total makeovers or drastic changes.

Some folks it's as easy as raising damage a smidge or adding health/protection because they were designed earlier in the game when metrics were different.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.