****.. Which toons for non standard Zader?

Volcano
30 posts Member
What toons do I need to have great chances beating triple cleanse AND zMaul teams?

As stated above running standard Zader, EP, TFP, Shore and Boba. All G11. Boba modded fastest with 236 speed. Tfp 234. That's why I win against Rex/chaze teams 90% but lose for sure against zMaul.

I know I can't beat everyone but maybe a DN or SO would increase my win rate against zMaul though I doubt it..which characters should I swap out then? Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Death trooper is definitely one to consider. B2 and DN would also be a great help.
  • Volcano
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Death trooper is definitely one to consider. B2 and DN would also be a great help.

And who goes to bench? Tfp or EP?
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Volcano wrote: »

A fast TFP is crucial to zader, so you get the TM advantage, however this is kind of neutered agains tex lean, and also zaul. I'd consider dropping him against Rex and zaul. Ep's debuffs are going to be a great help against those teams. I would also consider dropping boba, unless you're going up against chaze, where you can set up boba to oneshot chirrut from full health not long into the battle. You could also consider dropping shore (on offence at least). Once his cooldowns get increased by the enemy nihilus, he's a massive deadweight who can be left alone until the end.
  • Volcano
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Volcano wrote: »

A fast TFP is crucial to zader, so you get the TM advantage, however this is kind of neutered agains tex lean, and also zaul. I'd consider dropping him against Rex and zaul. Ep's debuffs are going to be a great help against those teams. I would also consider dropping boba, unless you're going up against chaze, where you can set up boba to oneshot chirrut from full health not long into the battle. You could also consider dropping shore (on offence at least). Once his cooldowns get increased by the enemy nihilus, he's a massive deadweight who can be left alone until the end.

OK thx man appreciate your insights.
  • Options
    Well, when I run Rex lead(only cleanser on the team) I always look for teams that are full with debuffs, a.k.a Palps, Vader, Maul, Dooku, Boba etc. The teams I skip are mainly Rebels and teams with a couple of very hard hitting toons, for example both TIE pilots. So IMO your best bet is to go for less debuffs and more offensive toons with 1 or 2 tanks to protect them.
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    Options
    I run zader leader and I had to remove tfp when fighting against rex because too fast if i made a critical hit rex gained tm and for me it was over. Against rex i use boba first to start with 242 speed, i added zid, death trooper and ther fifth was based on how many debuffer has the opponent. Against Chaze, DN GK Rex is tough, but with good rng on boba ability block can win easly. Based on the adversary I insert palp, tfp or sht, others are pretty constant now
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Hello. I have tried a variety of combinations under Vader. I rank 1st. I use: Vader, sass, dn, gk and trooper. Make sass as fast as you can. Then have your Vader move 2nd then into dn. A very potent start vs Rex teams and can beat zMaul teams too. I hope you have those characters.
  • Volcano
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Hello. I have tried a variety of combinations under Vader. I rank 1st. I use: Vader, sass, dn, gk and trooper. Make sass as fast as you can. Then have your Vader move 2nd then into dn. A very potent start vs Rex teams and can beat zMaul teams too. I hope you have those characters.

Interesting. And which of the troopers? Sith or shore? Only shore is g11. I don't have kenobi though. The fifth would be then EP boba or tfp.