Inactive Guild Leader....

Hey gang, quick question. My/our guild leader is frequently inactive and participates roughly once a week. He created the guild and really is not meeting the standards set for our guild. Question is, what can I, as an officer, do about it? It appears that I have the ability to give anyone the boot, but can I boot the leader and take the guild for myself? Can the leader be requested to transfer power or the title to another?

Replies

• Iwells911
    364 posts Member
    Options
    He has to do it himself. If you are interested I have an open spot in my guild.
  • Options
    Are you telling me that the guild leader can appoint someone else as leader? He last said he could not and that he does not know how.
  • Banjolero
    75 posts Member
    Options
    Your leader needs to leave your guild in order to transfer the leadership position to someone else. He can join again but as far as I know that's the only way to do it.
  • Options
    I doubt he would be willing to do that unfortunately. Let me ask this then....

Is there any difference in guild control from officer to leader?
  • Zoom_Daddy
    516 posts Member
    Options
    I was in a similar situation. You really need an active guild leader. Leader is the only one that can do the following. May be missing a few.

-promote and demote officers
    -change guild join criteria
    -change announcement in game chat
    -remove officers from guild.
    -change guild name
  • Heiko
    287 posts Member
    Options
    Meine Gilde sucht noch aktive Mitglieder. Wie viele Leute seid ihr bei euch? Hätten noch gut zehn Plätze frei
  • Options
    Heiko wrote: »
    Meine Gilde sucht noch aktive Mitglieder. Wie viele Leute seid ihr bei euch? Hätten noch gut zehn Plätze frei

¡No sé lo que usted está diciendo!

• chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    Options
    Best is to have someone else in your guild go start another guild and the rest of you join.
  • Heiko
    287 posts Member
    Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    Best is to have someone else in your guild go start another guild and the rest of you join.

Das hat unsere gilde auch so gemacht
  • DarthGazza
    339 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggieSAM wrote: »
    I doubt he would be willing to do that unfortunately. Let me ask this then....

Is there any difference in guild control from officer to leader?

I was in the same boat

A few of us left and started our own guild
    Let me know if a few want to join an active guild with an active leader