Rules for raiding NAAT?

Belfazar
586 posts Member
My guild tries to be casual play because we do it for fun. We've gotten to the point we can complete NAAT in 2-3 refreshes depending on start time. A few members have brought up that they'd like some kind of rule put in place on p2/p4 to give everyone a chance to do damage, opposed to to the two or three heavy hitters.

Is it a fair request of a casual caliber guild to make rules for a non-heroic raid?

If you have similar rules what are they and how do you enforce them?

Replies

• Options
    It's not unreasonable for the rest of the guild to _request_ a set of rules to help spread the damage around, but enforcing rules that deal with individual phases is difficult at best... so making everyone happy may not be possible here.

If P2 and P4 go very quickly (as in 15-60 minutes), and assuming your heavy hitters do their damage with a single team, you could ask them to not post the damage until the phase has either ended or is getting close. This leaves everyone else plenty of time to get some. But if those phases take much longer (say, several hours) then it won't be possible to do even that much. You can always ask your heavies point blank to not do so much damage, or only hit _one_ of P2 or P4, but that's unlikely to sit well with them.

Honestly, if this were my guild I would simply shift the focus and start looking very hard at trying my hand at Heroic. That's what our guild did when we got to the point of finishing Normals in a couple of refreshes, and within a month we were happily farming GK shards and never looked back.

Good luck!
    -- TS
  • Belfazar
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Last attempt on haat we made it to about 80/90% of p2. We've got an army of 7*, and good players but very few ideal completed squads for it. As a guild of about 40 with 7* toons 20 of us hold the majority of the 800 total count for the guild.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    It could be an easier solution to just impose a rule that the top X contributors (Top 3, top 5, whatever you want) should skip p2 and p4 for the next raid. Those two phases are where the bulk of damage is done, so locking folks out should hopefully increase the number of people who get access to it.

Small rules tend to be best. What you really want is for people to be conscious that others need access to the top rewards, too, so one rule can do that. Too many rules feels onerous and confusing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    We put holds on p2 and 4 NAAT until raid time. The Zaders and other heavies wait a few minutes before posting.
  • Belfazar
    586 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    We put holds on p2 and 4 NAAT until raid time. The Zaders and other heavies wait a few minutes before posting.

That one will be difficult to enforce because we have European and US players. I also haven't been tracking who zetas who.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    our guild does naat in 1 refresh. and we do it without rules and it seems everyone is fine with that, even though there are only a couple of heavy hitters. putting rules in place would probably just cause it to take more refreshes
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Belfazar wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

That one will be difficult to enforce because we have European and US players. I also haven't been tracking who zetas who.

We give our UK players a pass.
  • Options
    we spent a few months prepping for HAAT..... we found that normal is not a great place to practice for HAAT ( our guilds opinion because of the extreme difference between the to). for the first month we just set a rule that its one phase a day.... generally by that day we had enough coin to launch another.....we eventually dropped that rule cause it was boring..... we just changed it to Zerg at open. no one complained at all ....... normal AAT just sucks and i feel its there to upset guild members by how unbalanced it is.

get your guild to start focusing harder on Heroic Squads....... the sooner the focus is shifted the sooner you can drop the joke of normal and get rid of the score/rank drama

we finished our first heroic last Friday morning.... launched another right away to see if its a fluke and it wasnt... off we go now without worry and everyone will get GK
  • Options
    For NAAT we just set a guildwide max damage cap of 5mil. It slows down the top tier zVader/zKylo players enough for the lowbies to get a semi-decent score and lets the raid go on long enough to refill the coffers for another raid once it ends.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly in my guild I only need to hit one of p2/p4 with my Zader team to be in the top 3 on the scoreboard for our normal tank raids. Just tell your heavy hitters to only hit p2 or p4 and just have them switch up which one they do so they get to try out all the phases. Ask them to focus on the harder phases so the guild can complete the raid a little faster. If they're casual they shouldn't mind too much...
  • Belfazar
    586 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone.
    If anyone else has opinions I'm all ears so to speak.
  • PorMestari
    125 posts Member
    Options
    Every rule seems to be not suitable for someone. So our guild has as few rules as possible. Everyones happy and gets what they can. Problem is that guild currency is also needed and never enough gear. I think most people are hppy. We just have twotwo rules, make as much tickets you can and zero damage on pit raid for 24 hours. Normal tank we do in o.e refresh, heroic ready as a guild we are not. Getting there is the fun part.
  • AkyYoda
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Our guild is making NAAT in 2/3 refresh.
    We have only 1 rule for this raid : the top 3 has to rotate from one raid to the following one.
    So when you are a big hitter, you have to manage your battles if you were in the top3 in the previous raid (usually you don't fight on P2or P4).

• Melvil
    242 posts Member
    Options
    We do Normal without refreshes - we start it in the morning and have a rule of 2/1/1/1 teams per player per phase (In some cases if a player says in advance and has a good reason he can change that configuration)...then we have a rule that we don't enter P2 until 19:30 no matter when P1 has fallen - this allows for pretty much everyone to be free and available to play P2. After that it's pretty much a Zerg with a little lag in P3 as it falls a bit slower than P2 and P4. And after that P4 is the same with the only exception that we the Zader people try to wait as close as possible to the end of the raid to record our scores whatever they are.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Some time back, in my alt guild we had a rule stating that you could only attack in one of the phases 2 and 4 not in both.

No, there was no way to track whether everybody were following that rule, but it seemed like everyonw did.