Zeta General grievous

Daunting presence Zeta: Enemies have 20%less critical chance and 20% less critical damage, seperatist and droid allies gain + 10 speed for each enemy suffering a debuff and anytime seperatist or droid ally inflicts a debuff they gain retribution for 1 turn.

love this guy. Straight up think the only thing missing is some seperatist synergies so here is an idea for a zeta thats not complicated but could totally make grievous viable in arena.

Replies

• Options
    The devs have been doing a good job revamping older toons and factions to make them viable. I would imagine GG and separatists are coming soon!
  • Options
    I hope so man i hope so !
  • Options
    Yeah, he's past due. He's been in the game for awhile but is so hard to get that they never really paid much attention to him. When he was first introduced he was bad news; now he's really not all that great.

Grievous has a couple of things going against him these days.

First, he relies HEAVILY on debuffing the enemy with two of his specials. Since his innate potency isn't that high, it's rare that these affect even half the opposing team, making these moves - Sinister Laugh, especially - a complete waste of a turn.

Second, while he does have one of the most effective basic attacks in the game, he's slow and fragile. Typically a character is a balance of speed, power, and health, and good characters are only short on one of the three. Grievous hits hard, but is fragile even on a droid team, and is HORRIBLY slow.

For Grievous to really be worth the effort it takes to get him, he needs some love. I've suggested a few things before about this.

Increase base health and speed. His base speed should definitely start at 100+.

Furious Assault: Deal physical damage to the enemy. This attack cannot be countered or evaded and is immune to retribution. This attack is a guaranteed critical against Grand Republic characters. General Grievous has a 60% chance to attack twice. If IG100 is present, he has a 40% chance to assist.

Grievous Wounds: Deal physical damage to all enemies with a 75% chance to inflict ability block and buff immunity for 2 turns; this chance is doubled against Grand Republic enemies. These effects cannot be resisted.

Sinister Laugh: Inflict heal block and health down on all enemies for two turns, with a 75% chance to remove 50% turn meter. These effects cannot be resisted.

Daunting Presence: Leave as is, but add a zeta. Zeta is that General Grievous adds 20% critical chance and critical damage to his allies, and gains 10% health and turn meter anytime he lands a critical hit; this effect is not cumulative.

Tactical retreat: Grievous has +10 max health for each droid or separatist ally he starts a battle with. When he falls below 50% health he can pick an ally to taunt for him, even if another ally is currently taunting. This ally gains protection up and offense up for 2 turns, and gains 100% turn meter.

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    i'm curious, in all the reworks so far, does anyone recall if they've actually increased the base stats? like hp or speed?

for speed i can only think of Kylo but that was mostly due to the changes in his kit where he auto receives additional speed from being hit.

I'd love for GG to get more base speed, just trying to establish some precedent...
  • Options
    M_L wrote: »
    i'm curious, in all the reworks so far, does anyone recall if they've actually increased the base stats? like hp or speed?

for speed i can only think of Kylo but that was mostly due to the changes in his kit where he auto receives additional speed from being hit.

I'd love for GG to get more base speed, just trying to establish some precedent...

No, because they would need to change gear requirements, which is tricky. That's only been done once in this game, that I can recall.
  • Options
    Why would you need to change gear requirements? Just give him a better base speed and leave his gear alone; easy-peasy. His gear isn't too bad and works well for him, but he just needs to be a bit faster than he currently is.
  • Options
    I think they must know and just dont tell us the roadmap..i hope more like haha
  • DanielOng
    114 posts Member
    Options
    GG as he is right now is abysmal in terms of the effort it took to get him to 7*...

for those who got him before fleet shipments, it's a huge sacrifice in terms of 7*ing other toons; toons which could have contributed to getting yoda or EP at an earlier stage, or even perhaps R2D2.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    ugh, well then i hope GG's kit gets revamped to the same degree as Boba or Kylo, 'cause he severely needs it.

right now i feel like his only positive is a pretty good basic. For such a fearsome looking toon, he's all bark and no bite
  • Options
    M_L wrote: »
    ugh, well then i hope GG's kit gets revamped to the same degree as Boba or Kylo, 'cause he severely needs it.

right now i feel like his only positive is a pretty good basic. For such a fearsome looking toon, he's all bark and no bite

Agreed ..and they just nerfed zader and if they are reworking tarking grievous cant be far away