Ship update ruined ship battles

BAST420
33 posts Member
Ever since the ship update that added those lame pilot animations, and changed ship health and armor bars, all of my ships now fight like they are level 20 again. The update post that claimed that the change was purely cosmetic could not be further from the truth. Myself as well as any of my guild mates who still do the ship battles say the same thing, since the update ship that had so many armor and health bars that you couldn't even count them, now have their ships destroyed in 3 or 4 regular shots.
So now all the time spent leveling pilots and ships has now been swept away just so now we can see our pilots stupid expressions when they die.
What ever was changed needs to be changed back so we can actually enjoy our ship battles again.

Replies

• CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    Options
    I don't care for the new look either but all the stats for ships are the same as they were prior. Before the update there were still times where I had ships taken out in 2, 3 or 4 hits.

The bars as you know just represent bigger amounts (now 10k instead of 2k per piece I believe), so of course we have less of them.
  • BAST420
    33 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    And now after the update, the AI opponent is now the smartest player who ever lived. It always targets the same ship over and over, it constantly refreshes it's team armor, armor which I might add seems to be next to impossible to penetrate.
    Nobody can tell me nothing has changed except the look of it. Matches I've played 100 times and got 3 stars, now I'm lucky to limp out with 1 star.
    I'm not saying that the desired effect wasn't to make a cosmetic change, but the whole area of ship battles has changed. Someone needs to fix it, or at least nerf the **** AI. It's ridiculous, you don't go from getting 3 stars to barely getting one.
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @BAST420
    If you've already collected 3 stars for challenges in fleet arena then why aren't you simulating? I can't speak for the AI in the challenges but I haven't noticed a difference when fighting another person's fleet.
  • Options
    After update on ships (last week)..it is not right. People know power of 112,000 can place number 1 in fleet arena over players who have a 160,000+ max out stats... This was never a issue prior to update. Since update, Top players are getting beat easily buy low level players.

This has ruined ships battles and now gearing and maxing ship characters/stats seems to be a waist if a guy with 112,000 overall power can take first in fleet arena over maxed fleet squads.

Please fix this ASAP
  • BAST420
    33 posts Member
    Options
    CK_3030 wrote: »
    @BAST420
    If you've already collected 3 stars for challenges in fleet arena then why aren't you simulating? I can't speak for the AI in the challenges but I haven't noticed a difference when fighting another person's fleet.

Honestly I don't always sim, because I'm probably one of the few people who really love ship battles, so doing the challenges is fun for me, also it's a good time killer while waiting in a doctor's office, and while I'm waiting during my daughter's ballet practice.