Getting lucky with Tie Advanced today

I got 12 shards for Tie advanced today. 2 of the 2 shard deals showed up in shard shop at the same time this morning. Also got 4 from fleet shop when the game refreshed the first time earlier today and then got another 4 in refresh when I got my fleet arena rewards today

Replies

• Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Options
    The trick is to get scimitar, tie fighter, and slave 1 all within 4 shards of starring up. I did that and tie advanced was in there every refresh for a day. (Waiting for nikoms to chime in about "confirmation bias")
  • Options
    Kane13 wrote: »
    The trick is to get scimitar, tie fighter, and slave 1 all within 4 shards of starring up. I did that and tie advanced was in there every refresh for a day. (Waiting for nikoms to chime in about "confirmation bias")

I just activated scimitar and slave 1 the other day, maybe that's part of why I got lucky :)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    ...and before you know it, there will be the pitter patter of little Tie Advanced feet. Did you at least take Tie out for dinner first? ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ...and before you know it, there will be the pitter patter of little Tie Advanced feet. Did you at least take Tie out for dinner first? ;)

Didn't take the bait. Nice. Lol
  • Options
    lol maybe I should have cuz the tie advanced didn't show up again last night. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if it calls back any time soon :p
  • Options
    Im in the same boat, down to my last 4 shards after this morning. Hoping its not a terribly long wait.
  • ViperPete
    333 posts Member
    Options
    With Shore and DT at G11 I really with I could get the Tie Interceptor now...
    Ive gotten lucky with Tie Advanced too. Once got it 4 times in one day! 6* right now.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • crzydroid
    7324 posts Moderator
    Options
    You go, Glenn Coco!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    lol maybe I should have cuz the tie advanced didn't show up again last night. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if it calls back any time soon :p

Uh-oh...I think you're being ghosted bro. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Lol
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Or, y'know, councidence....
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Or, y'know, councidence....

Yeah or that. Sure are a lot of coincidences. Let's call it "coincidence bias"
  • Options
    I'm 78 of 80, I won't see anymore in the shop for weeks.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, I was like that with Vader shards - 95 out of 100. Had to wait a whole 6 hours before he showed up again.

Oh, I'm sorry. Does that mess up the whole tin-foil hat dynamic drop rate conspiracy theory? Or does it only work against certain players?? Or only on some characters??? Or only on months that end in "R"?? I apologize, it's really hard for me to keep all these confirmationally biased theories straight.

• Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options

What's the trick if I already have Tie Fighter and Slave I maxed?? Am I screwed??
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Perhaps you should Google it instead of just copy and paste it from my responses. ;)

• Options

Yeah, I was like that with Vader shards - 95 out of 100. Had to wait a whole 6 hours before he showed up again.

Oh, I'm sorry. Does that mess up the whole tin-foil hat dynamic drop rate conspiracy theory? Or does it only work against certain players?? Or only on some characters??? Or only on months that end in "R"?? I apologize, it's really hard for me to keep all these confirmationally biased theories straight.

I don't wear a tin foil hat, nor do I believe the game "checks" what I have and purposely doesn't put it up. My post wasn't even a complaint. But you apology is accepted.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I don't wear a tin foil hat, nor do I believe the game "checks" what I have and purposely doesn't put it up. My post wasn't even a complaint. But you apology is accepted.

I apologize for casting you with that distasteful lot.

• Billcarson66
    852 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No worries. I guess I shouldn't have even posted as it didn't add anything to the OP. Just bored at work.
  • Options
    I feel like a superstitious pigeon lol, I also see patterns based on what you get and buy but hard to belive they are there, I still do the ritual and it works lol
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Options
    Veritasum wrote: »

What's the trick if I already have Tie Fighter and Slave I maxed?? Am I screwed??

S.O.L.
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Options

Perhaps you should Google it instead of just copy and paste it from my responses. ;)

I googled it months ago. Still not 100% convinced ;)
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    It's very random. I once got 2 drops in ship shipments, and one in shard shop in a day, and then I can go a week or so without seeing any.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    I once got it 3 in a row. But I've also been in a place where on two occasions I didn't see it for more than a week after I got the shards
  • Options
    Still haven't seen anymore tie adv shards today, hoping I don't have to wait another week to get more lol
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    I got 12 shards for Tie advanced today. 2 of the 2 shard deals showed up in shard shop at the same time this morning. Also got 4 from fleet shop when the game refreshed the first time earlier today and then got another 4 in refresh when I got my fleet arena rewards today

Shard deals?
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »

Shard deals?

In the shard shop you can sometimes get 2 Tie Advanced shards for 300 shard currency. I just happened to get 2 of them at the same time yesterday