Don't fall for it! Nerfers can't ever be satisfied...

Prev134
... As the title says... an outspoken few on these forums make demands to CG and team to nerf swgoh in their "fair & balanced opinions"... Just remember, caving in to this group of people only empowers them to ask for more, until finally we're all left with a game of patty-cake and gumby heroes.
what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?

Replies

• Options
    Pretty much. The most mob just got their Wiggs and Chaze Nerf under the convenient title 'bug fix'
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Options
    Mob enforcer is now better than rebels
  • Options
    Too funny. I think chewy has a place for countering chaze now too!!

I do get it though. The time/energy/crystals needed to invest in a toon is tremendous in this game. And if you are on the wrong side of poe, Rey, Barris, chaze, wiggs, maul, ( and I could go on and on from the nerfer's recent targets since launch of swgoh), if you're on the wrong side of that investment, I get it why a nerf seems reasonable. Imo, everyone wants to win, and when they can't then frustration grows, dissatisfaction grows, and a general distaste for the game. I believe every person tries to ensure that life is fair, at least from their pov, and that fairness idea is impressed on their video games which often is an outlet.

I just don't run with the pact, and I actually enjoy the challenge, and am generally opposed to nerf because winners and losers are created from actions not originating from gamers, but changes in rules. I too seek fairness in my life, and to me, nothing is more unfair than a rule change changing winners into losers. You see, I too am a reasonable person with balanced opinions.
  • Dreislao
    380 posts Member
    Options
    Sadly the internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality. It's never been more true than the last few hours with the reaction to the Vader changes.
    I fight the good fight
  • Options
    Dreislao wrote: »
    Sadly the internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality. It's never been more true than the last few hours with the reaction to the Vader changes.

Thought-provoking
  • Options

Word
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty much. The most mob just got their Wiggs and Chaze Nerf under the convenient title 'bug fix'

It was a bug fix...
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly I'm more **** at the people asking for refunds with the Zader fix. That's most of the problem here imo, devs can't properly balance the game because people will ask for refunds if something gets changed.
  • Options
    Lul thinking the nerf will stop chaze.. it was barly a nerf
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    Honestly I'm more **** at the people asking for refunds with the Zader fix. That's most of the problem here imo, devs can't properly balance the game because people will ask for refunds if something gets changed.

I don't agree Zader was a nerf. It was clearly posted in the bugs section of the forums as a bug.
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    Options

I don't agree Zader was a nerf. It was clearly posted in the bugs section of the forums as a bug.

Instead of saying it's a bug a few months or years later to fix it....they should just keep it and alter the description
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »

It was a bug fix...

It was the same fix as the Wiggs fix. Wiggs was confirmed as working as intended and has been running for a year soon. Krennic and DT are some of the newest toons and needed the same "fix".

Convenient title, just like DarthBarron said. It's nothing else than a nerf.
    There was no bug - it can't be a bugfix.
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options

It was a bug fix...

It was the same fix as the Wiggs fix. Wiggs was confirmed as working as intended and has been running for a year soon. Krennic and DT are some of the newest toons and needed the same "fix".

Where was it confirmed that wiggs was wai? I'd like to see that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

It was a bug fix...

In your oppinion, did IG-88 get buffed or did they fix a bug that affected only ig-88?
    "IG-88: Healing Immunity inflicted by "Mortal Wound" will now correctly block Health Steal and Protection healing"
    you could argue that this known bug was actually working as intended, but they only recently decided that IG-88 could use healing immunity debuff on his basic that worked the same as all other healing immunity debuffs aflicted by other characters.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Absolutely - that's why you see companies now react so quickly to protests or product bans. Social media amplifies everything like 100 fold.
  • Valace21
    90 posts Member
    Options
    Chirrut Îmwe gains +17% Counter Chance and Health Steal for each living enemy, doubled for Empire enemies. If Baze Malbus is present he also gains these bonuses.

• SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    Options

Instead of saying it's a bug a few months or years later to fix it....they should just keep it and alter the description

Absolutely - that's why you see companies now react so quickly to protests or product bans. Social media amplifies everything like 100 fold.

Yup the smallest of things could be the next news article online enticing OTHERS to not pick up the game or even quit just because some whiney players wanted to voice their opinion.
  • Options

It wasn't a nerf - but I think they have some responsibility with their product. My situation I zeta'd him right after he was supposedly fixed and before common knowledge about him being bugged was on the forums. At some point you have to be able to actually look at how something is performing in game and have faith it's correct. CG has some responsibility here I think to stand by their product. I'm not going to make a huge deal about it, but they shouldn't be allowed to put out a dysfunctional product twice with no recognition to the customer.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Not a nerf. Time to remove the diaper, put on the big boy pants.
  • Options
    I am offended by the term nerfer. I prefer the term : Balance Warrior. :wink:
  • Options
    A lot of the nerfers even try to be all sneaky and disguise their nerf requests as "bug reports." We've got you all figured out, you nerfers! :#
  • Options

It wasn't a nerf - but I think they have some responsibility with their product. My situation I zeta'd him right after he was supposedly fixed and before common knowledge about him being bugged was on the forums. At some point you have to be able to actually look at how something is performing in game and have faith it's correct. CG has some responsibility here I think to stand by their product. I'm not going to make a huge deal about it, but they shouldn't be allowed to put out a dysfunctional product twice with no recognition to the customer.

I whole heartedly agree, and my motto: it has to be perfect the 1st time - for credibility sake with gamers who actually rely on CG for excellence in design; and for programming efficiency sake as touching code twice instead of once doubles the cost of that code.

I clearly distinguish bug fixes from nerf, and in the recent update to be pushed out shortly, it appears at 1st glance that these were all bug fixes versus a straight nerf. I would add in the spirit of your response, a bug fix doesn't excuse responsibility. I zeta'd Zader, and knowing he still performs well in Haat is good enough for me to want to keep my Zader.
  • Options

and for programming efficiency sake as touching code twice instead of once doubles the cost of that code.

I realized after posting this comment is not clear. Try this. Imagine how better the game would be, if no resources/costs had to be allocated to the required bug fixes demanded by gamers, if the design and execution were flawless on the initial code. The game would be even more awesome than it is now. That's how efficiency impacts my game play.
  • Options
    As for Zaul the correct bug was not fixed. The correct action would have been to change the ability wording to match what was actually happening in game.

They went the wrong way with this one.
    Empire Relic
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

and for programming efficiency sake as touching code twice instead of once doubles the cost of that code.

I realized after posting this comment is not clear. Try this. Imagine how better the game would be, if no resources/costs had to be allocated to the required bug fixes demanded by gamers, if the design and execution were flawless on the initial code. The game would be even more awesome than it is now. That's how efficiency impacts my game play.

Have you ever played any other online or mobile game? I have played several - and they ALL have bugs and patches and balance fixes, especially those that continue to add new content after launch. If you are expecting a "flawless" design and execution in the initial code, then I can see why you are disappointed - and will be with virtually any online or mobile game you ever play. That expectation is completely and totally unrealistic in the current state of coding and programming.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Have you ever played any other online or mobile game? I have played several - and they ALL have bugs and patches and balance fixes, especially those that continue to add new content after launch. If you are expecting a "flawless" design and execution in the initial code, then I can see why you are disappointed - and will be with virtually any online or mobile game you ever play. That expectation is completely and totally unrealistic in the current state of coding and programming.

Does it then follow that we have no obligation to be right the 1st time? At my job, I have to be right, as leadership and even the board, demands it. Why shouldn't customers demand a good product too, regardless of how it actually is in the real world. Yes people make mistakes, but that doesn't excuse the mistake when quality is required, especially if I buy something.
  • Valjean
    84 posts Member
    Options
    Amen. The changes in this update are straight demoralizing.
    valjean913 or BHG Valjean#5571
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options

This.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Does it then follow that we have no obligation to be right the 1st time? At my job, I have to be right, as leadership and even the board, demands it. Why shouldn't customers demand a good product too, regardless of how it actually is in the real world. Yes people make mistakes, but that doesn't excuse the mistake when quality is required, especially if I buy something.

In programing mistakes have to be made to learn from it. Where all human and if mistakes wasnt made we wouldnt be able to improve as nobody would take a risk.

Programs and games these days have fixes nerfs changes that is part of the gaming world no game gets it right 1st time on everything in todays day

This Game is a free title and can be played for free and would have much less budget than say Battlefront 2 or Fifa 18. So games like this will obtain bugets as it goes along for fixes and new content. Even 50$ titles have bug fixes and nerfs its the gaming industry
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    Options
    I can't wait to post more bug reports to see these types of reactions when they're fixed lol
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see