profit

holyjoe35
249 posts Member
i hope this doesn't get removed but i suspect it will get closed. i will keep it short and sweet.

people complain about a business making a game and being all about profit. what else would they be about? this a paying job to them. do you think these guys just got together and said hey let's make a game for the public just for fun? would you do your job just for fun?

i am a f2p player and some of the decisions and way this game is aren't in my favor but i can't fault these people for thinking of the bottom line. they have to some incentive and benefit.

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Someone is making sense? .......This.....this wasnt supposed to happen!

+1000
  • Options
    The difference is how you make profit.

Some games repeatedly get new exciting content. Some games sell visual upgrades and goodies.
    Some games need to be bought or require you to pay monthly.
    These games are fun and they're often huge and promise great long term profit.

And then, some games just rip people off, sell their newest best toons and all the gear you need for money, nerf existing characters so people buy new ones or create resource crunches to force people into spending cash. They create pay-to-win environments and grow more annoying the staler they get.
    Their devs avoid to communicate soon until the whales have been milked out and the game's broken so they can take down the servers and release the same game with new graphics and characters and a new title. Repeat that.
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options

Some games repeatedly get new exciting content. Some games sell visual upgrades and goodies.

And then, some games just rip people off, sell their newest best toons and all the gear you need for money, nerf existing characters so people buy new ones or create resource crunches to force people into spending cash. They create pay-to-win environments and grow more annoying the staler they get.
    Their devs avoid to communicate soon until the whales have been milked out and the game's broken so they can take down the servers and release the same game with new graphics and characters and a new title. Repeat that.

Whew! Thank goodness this is one of the former games!
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options

What chars were nerfed?

This game barely ever nerfs anyone.
    Last one was barris (and not this recent one).

Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

Never would I claim anything else!
    Supercat wrote: »
    What chars were nerfed?

Let's see, which nerfs might have been most recent...
    Oh, Wiggs and Chaze in the upcoming patch today.
    Wiggs have been WAI for like a year, don't assume it's suddenly a bug because they're changing it. It's just a flat nerf.
    That didn't take a lot of research.

And that's kinda off the topic. Obviously this game is one of first types mentioned and those are merely examples of what many developers would do to MMO-games. If you've kept track of the more populated android mmos, you'll surely recognize some games there.
    Now if you found any of those indicators in this game, that would most certainly be a signal of warning.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

Never would I claim anything else!
    Supercat wrote: »
    What chars were nerfed?

Let's see, which nerfs might have been most recent...
    Oh, Wiggs and Chaze in the upcoming patch today.
    Wiggs have been WAI for like a year, don't assume it's suddenly a bug because they're changing it. It's just a flat nerf.
    That didn't take a lot of research.

And that's kinda off the topic. Obviously this game is one of first types mentioned and those are merely examples of what many developers would do to MMO-games. If you've kept track of the more populated android mmos, you'll surely recognize some games there.
    Now if you found any of those indicators in this game, that would most certainly be a signal of warning.

No matter when they do it, its not a nerf as long as it does not change the intended effects of the ability
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Options
    It's the bugs. The never ending bugs.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    Options
    No worries op, last time I opened a thread defending EA/CG, not only did it get closed but for some reason I also got a warning. Meanwhile the "Nerf threads" and "Crying about everything threads" are flooding in this section and occasionally they get closed..
  • holyjoe35
    249 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    all the dev's are doing is running the business in the way that will make them most profitable. i wouldn't expect any business of any kind to do anything else.

you can't please 100% of the people so you have to please the most you can and the ones that will benefit you the most. in any money making business that is the ones who spend the most.