Baze an Chirrut were not nerfed.

Prev1
Valace21
90 posts Member
That is kind of funny. Its almost like the Barriss change, which if you throw Baze and GK in with her, good luck sniping her, and her zeta still keeps on working. The only real knock against her know if that she hits like a wet noodle.

You have to kill one or the other for this "fix" to mean anything and unless you are running either Vader, Boba, or Nihilus the odds that you will be able to kill one or the other are slim, and once that happens the battle is pretty much over with anyway.

Boba is the only one you can really use to snipe Chirrut and how many people are running him.

I was running a hard Sith team, but just switched to Rex, GK, Baze, Chirrut, and Nihilus, and I am not concerned in the slightest.

Replies

• Options
    just like everyone else. Nice.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Sooooo, what are you saying?
  • Options
    He is saying that all the cries were for nothing, Chaze remained as OP as ever.
  • Valace21
    90 posts Member
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Sooooo, what are you saying?

What I am saying is that Baze an Chirrut are still extremely hardcore toons.

Their synergy persists until one of them is killed off, well good luck with that. They are both extremely well insulated against that, especially when you have GK and Rex cleansing debuffs away.

Vader's culling Blade, Boba's execute, and Nihilus' annihilate are the only sure fire ways to get rid of Chirrut, otherwise you are slogging through continual taunts.

Baze and Chirrut are still very much top tier.
  • Valace21
    90 posts Member
    Options
    just like everyone else. Nice.

Just like everyone else running the squad I am now?

As opposed to say a Maul squad.

The imagination and creativity in the game are just outstanding.

EA/CG could fix this, they could come out with a few more toons that have explicit synergy, maybe come December when the resistance an First Order get a few new toons. Hopefully they are not so OP that these teams are completely useless.

This meta is still better than the Wiggs meta though.

Next meta will be Jedi bank on it.
  • QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    They're still strong, so what?
    A nerf's a nerf.
    They've been working as intended. Now they're working differently - and weaker.
    That's a nerf.
    Baze and Chirrut were nerfed.

They did it in "Bugs" section to fool you. It's the same "bug" as the Wiggs "bug" that has been confirmed to work as intended and has been on the game since last .. August? or July?
  • Valace21
    90 posts Member
    Options
    They're still strong, so what?
    A nerf's a nerf.
    They've been working as intended. Now they're working differently - and weaker.
    That's a nerf.
    Baze and Chirrut were nerfed.

They did it in "Bugs" section to fool you. It's the same "bug" as the Wiggs "bug" that has been confirmed to work as intended and has been on the game since last .. August? or July?

LOL They are not weaker, if you need to have Baze benefiting from Chirrut after Chirrut is gone, then your squad is not very good an you should lose anyway.

• Options
    The funniest thing about this whole situation is that they used to call "nerfers" whiners, but just a small bug fix that will have minor impact on their faves performances is enough to set their whole world on fire. Hi hi hi!
  • Options
    Valace21 wrote: »
    LOL They are not weaker

Erm, let me consider this.. If you take away power from a toon, they are left weaker.
    No, I can't follow your argumentation, sorry.
    Probably I'm not clever enough. Or maybe your superiority when writing caps LOL has daunted me.
  • Valace21
    90 posts Member
    Options
    The funniest thing about this whole situation is that they used to call "nerfers" whiners, but just a small bug fix that will have minor impact on their faves performances is enough to set their whole world on fire. Hi hi hi!

Its because of the lack of content. There has been no new content in months MONTHS, and ships don't count they are toons in a different form that are even harder to farm, because you NEED zetas for the main game.

The tank raid rolled out what almost 7 months ago.

This game has grown stale and stagnant so of course there has to be manufactured crisis.

I for one hope that Vader has been "fixed" enough that his squad can't solo the Rancor anymore. His P2 HAAT squad is so stinking RNG dependent that I am about to abandon it, I can retire both Sid and Vader and use their mods somewhere else.
  • Valace21
    90 posts Member
    Options
    LOL They are not weaker

Erm, let me consider this.. If you take away power from a toon, they are left weaker.
    No, I can't follow your argumentation, sorry.
    Probably I'm not clever enough. Or maybe your superiority when writing caps LOL has daunted me.

ok i won't use caps anymore, wouldn't want to intimidate you in any way.

I am sorry your mods are sorry and that you need to rely on two toons to get anywhere in the arena.

Funny thing about this fix, is that the wording has always been if Baze is present or if Chirrut is present.

If they are a grease stain on the floor that is still considered "present" to you people?
  • Options

We were moving in the right direction when they started reworking older toons and trying to balance the factions more. Our meta game grew more variable than ever with different choices instead of "just Old Ben" or "just Wiggs".
    Now they suddenly stoop to nerfing characters that players have invested resources on for weeks or months and/or possibly money.

The old whiners could have farmed those characters any time if they considered them powerful.
    The new whiners realized they were spit in the faces by EA.
  • Options
    Some people find that arousing:)
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    Options

We were moving in the right direction when they started reworking older toons and trying to balance the factions more. Our meta game grew more variable than ever with different choices instead of "just Old Ben" or "just Wiggs".
    Now they suddenly stoop to nerfing characters that players have invested resources on for weeks or months and/or possibly money.

The old whiners could have farmed those characters any time if they considered them powerful.
    The new whiners realized they were spit in the faces by EA.

I was moving in the right direction when suddenly my meta started changing.....it grew.
  • QuasarIngwer48
    194 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I am sorry your mods are sorry and that you need to rely on two toons to get anywhere in the arena.

Funny thing about this fix, is that the wording has always been if Baze is present or if Chirrut is present.

If they are a grease stain on the floor that is still considered "present" to you people?

Thanks, I'm grateful.

I haven't been using Wiggs or Chaze on arena in a while, they're hAAT toons and B-teams for GW.
    But I see how you're trying to get personal. I understand this, many people will try to disparage or insult when they're running out of arguments. However, combined with caps LOLs that makes you seem like quite the child so you'd better restrain from it.

"Present" is not the same as "alive". Some abilities specify that the toon needs to be alive, these don't.
    People have been arguing about Wiggs for ages and them working as intended was confirmed. There was no "bug" listed on the bugs section either because it was never a bug. Krennic and DT were quite recently added with the same mechanics.
    They just listed the nerf amidst some bug-fixes, don't be fooled so easily.
  • Valace21
    90 posts Member
    Options
    Again I would like to point out the use of the word present

If you invested in toons knowing that they were not working as intended you have no right to complain when they make the correct fixes.

Also again I run them, and i am not concerned at all. If you are at the point where one or the other has died, more than likely you have already lost the battle.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    you both could stop arguing about whether it is a nerf or not and simply agree that eventhough baze and chirrut are slightly worse of than they were before, it won't influence the outcome of battles at all.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    you both could stop arguing about whether it is a nerf or not and simply agree that eventhough baze and chirrut are slightly worse of than they were before, it won't influence the outcome of battles at all.

But what would the fun be then !
  • Options
    "Present" is not the same as "alive". Some abilities specify that the toon needs to be alive, these don't.
    "Present" is used to say they don't need to be alive aswell. That's what this word is doing here.

If you invested in toons knowing that they were not working as intended you have no right to complain when they make the correct fixes.

They were working as intended. In case of Wiggs this was confirmed at the time. And there were no bugs listed on the bugs section.
    Am I just repeating myself now? ...
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Baze + Chirrut are not weaker than before. Baze with a dead Chirrut (and vise versa) is weaker, and rightfully so. It's not like "your" Chibus is weaker than everyone elses, they're the same, no one has advantage.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options

Thanks, I'm grateful.

I haven't been using Wiggs or Chaze on arena in a while, they're hAAT toons and B-teams for GW.
    But I see how you're trying to get personal. I understand this, many people will try to disparage or insult when they're running out of arguments. However, combined with caps LOLs that makes you seem like quite the child so you'd better restrain from it.

People have been arguing about Wiggs for ages and them working as intended was confirmed. There was no "bug" listed on the bugs section either because it was never a bug. Krennic and DT were quite recently added with the same mechanics.
    They just listed the nerf amidst some bug-fixes, don't be fooled so easily.

In fairness they also "confirmed" when Barriss was fixed (and when Daka was fixed waaaay back in the day) that uniques are intended to "dispell" when the character dies unless noted otherwise, and leaders were intended to persist unless noted otherwise.

Seems like this was one bug that had the same effect on all duo synergies, and they finally figured out how to fix it....
  • Valace21
    90 posts Member
    Options
    LOL When he mentioned that Baze an Chirrut were B Team GW an HAAT toons, that told me all I needed to know.

Would bet all that I own that he is running Sith.

You do know that they won't be meta forever right.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Baze + Chirrut are not weaker than before. Baze with a dead Chirrut (and vise versa) is weaker, and rightfully so. It's not like "your" Chibus is weaker than everyone elses, they're the same, no one has advantage.

what if i told you that some people don't use chaze or chibus. mind blown
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Valace21
    90 posts Member
    Options

You would be absolutely correct an the overwhelming majority of those people would be running Maul leads.

How fun SWGoH is right now.

73% of #1 rankings are either Rex or Maul leads and Darth Nihilus is present on over 70% of those teams.

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Here's a hint: if it was listed in the bugs section as not working as intended and it is eventually corrected, it wasn't a nerf. The Bugs Report is pinned and updated regularly. People refusing to read it doesn't make it less true or accurate.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Riktoven
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Whose the more whiney, the whiner or the whiner whining about the whiner?
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Riktoven wrote: »

but who is the whiner and who is the whiner whining about the whiner?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Riktoven wrote: »

The whiner...because he/she started it. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • sneeekypants
    1914 posts Member
    Options

You would be absolutely correct an the overwhelming majority of those people would be running Maul leads.

How fun SWGoH is right now.

73% of #1 rankings are either Rex or Maul leads and Darth Nihilus is present on over 70% of those teams.

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

They have issues with their numbers, look at them carefully.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    If you said this is not nerf so Chaze will get nerf soon.

I agree with OP that this is not nerf.

Chaze still need a nerf asap as R2 make him insane OP.