A Known Issues stickied thread would help a lot

Varlie
1286 posts Member
With the posting of what is in the bug fix patch coming today the forums have exploded with claims of nerfs and how EA/CG has lied to everyone and such.
If there was an ongoing known issues thread in the Bugs section of the forums where the devs identified issues that are known but aren't warranting immediate attention, it might (I'm hoping) help keep the peace more down the line.
I know other games have this option on the forums and it does help. People can see early on that the advantage a specific character is getting is not the intended effect and can decide for themselves if they want to spend time and effort on that character.

I understand that it won't catch all issues but I think it could help.

Replies

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    That would be pretty nice
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Glad you asked!

Updated 5/9 even!
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58960/the-bugs-bin-update-5-9#latest

Also,
    Other sections of the forum are incredibly useful and bug section is very active though we love new voices all over
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/bugs-and-issues

We even have our own brand new section the Academy! For new and old with moderated weekly topics and spotlight players!!
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/the-academy

Post edited by Vampire_X on
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    @Vampire_X Thanks for the links. The first one is on the right track but it's still just a listing of what was recently changed. My suggestion was one where they list issues that are not currently WAI but are not being worked on at the moment.

Your second link needs to be corrected, it looks like you posted it twice and broke the link but I am familiar with the bugs section of the forums.
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Great points! An ongoing history thread of all verified bugs and an ETA for when it will be fixed would solve a lot of issues and allow players to make MORE informed decisions.

More to the point, in most cases, Kozi just says, this has been flagged as a bug and forwarded to the team for investigation. Sometimes Kozi isn't even sure if its a bug or not. Then, bam, its fixed with no clarification in between.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the bugs bin post has nothing on it except tomorrow's update. Even old bugs that were flagged and have yet to be fixed.
  • guidaki
    51 posts Member
    Options
    If i dont remember bad, before the last update there was listed the "not fixed yet" section, where a lot of bugs were listed (like Wedge "red lead" and ig88 healing inm.)
    Maybe there's no more "not fixed yet".
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    @Vampire_X Thanks for the links. The first one is on the right track but it's still just a listing of what was recently changed. My suggestion was one where they list issues that are not currently WAI but are not being worked on at the moment.

Your second link needs to be corrected, it looks like you posted it twice and broke the link but I am familiar with the bugs section of the forums.
    That's what the bug bin uses to be.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Ahh, that makes sense. I only looked this morning after reading all the complaint posts and it was just listing what has been/will be changed with the next patch. I'll keep an eye on the bug bin from now on.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    guidaki wrote: »
    If i dont remember bad, before the last update there was listed the "not fixed yet" section, where a lot of bugs were listed (like Wedge "red lead" and ig88 healing inm.)
    Maybe there's no more "not fixed yet".

Unfortunately there are still many many unfixed bugs
  • Options
    As been hit upon on multiple occasions, we, here, are just the tip of the iceberg. Toons that are not WAI really need to be listed In-Game so everyone can make informed decisions.

People are going to be doign their first Rancor with Zader after the update and then I think you're going to see a proliferation of new posters asking. w. t. f. (I've been wrong many times, so I guess we'll see)

Mistakes happen, it's okay, but give everyone a heads up. Direct, not buried, and does not require leaving the game for a website to see. You've made a number of QoL improvements, I think this could be the next one.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    As been hit upon on multiple occasions, we, here, are just the tip of the iceberg. Toons that are not WAI really need to be listed In-Game so everyone can make informed decisions.

People are going to be doign their first Rancor with Zader after the update and then I think you're going to see a proliferation of new posters asking. w. t. f. (I've been wrong many times, so I guess we'll see)

Mistakes happen, it's okay, but give everyone a heads up. Direct, not buried, and does not require leaving the game for a website to see. You've made a number of QoL improvements, I think this could be the next one.

I'd like them to move the Bugs Bin section right under News, Game Updates, and Dev Updates, so that the players who come to the forum, or only read game updates, can be more aware of current issues.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    I don't recall seeing anything done about the defense bug with Savage or some other questions re: defense with Kylo, R2 etc ..