Drop Rate Descriptions

J7Luke
484 posts Member
This is not a thread about unfair drop rates. Instead, I am just proposing that the descriptions of store packs and certain events be altered. Hear me out:

Let me start by saying that I fully understand the reasoning behind the current drop rates. It is a sensible business model and not unfair to players. If you are willing to drop 700 crystals on a pack that may only give you 10 shards of a worthless character, so be it. If not, buy energy refreshes and spend them getting way more shards of whatever specific character you want. Long story short, the drop rates themselves are fine.

My issue is with the fact that it doesn't say that you have an 80% chance or so of getting the worst possible drop and a 1% of getting the best drop. Those percentages are just estimates, but you get my point.

You may be thinking, "Everyone knows that. You can't gamble on those odds and then plead ignorance when you get something you don't want." Here's the deal, not everyone reads these forms. Additionally, new players will probably open their first pack before they read the forms. That is what happened to me. (Again, this is not a sob story of how I was cheated, as I don't care at this point and I've learned my lesson.)

I saved up every crystal for a week or so and bought a pack of whatever character was being featured at the time. It said between 5 and something in the hundreds shards of whatever character. I was like, okay, I'll probably get 50 or so shards. I just assumed that a random value between the two extremes was picked. Nope. 5 shards. Like I said, I learned my lesson, and now I solely buy energy refreshes. The point of the story is that there is no way of knowing that the worst drop is probably the one you will get stuck with until it is too late.

This applies to store packs as well as things like credit heist. Can you please tell us the odds of getting the different drops. You can't assume that everyone already knows you will probably get the worst possible drop or close to it. One because not everyone reads the forums and two because some people just don't stop to think about it. And even for those of us that do know generally what the odds are, it would still be nice to know exact numbers.

"That's the business model," you may be thinking, "Whales wouldn't spend as much if they knew the odds." Yes, that is probably true. But if that is the reasoning, then isn't that basically false advertising? I'm not saying anyone could take legal action, I'm just saying it's immoral. Players should buy things knowing exactly what they are getting, not on the basis of a false promise.

That is my opinion, and I'm sure there are others that feel differently, but I just thought I would put that out there.

p.s. At the very least, could you put the odds online. I really am curious.
==============================================================================

TLDR:
The descriptions of drop rates for store packs and things like credit heist are deceiving.
Please include the chances of each drop amount in the description.
==============================================================================

Basically something like this:
80% chance of 10-20 Empire shards
13% chance of 20-100 Empire shards
6% chance of 100-200 Empire shards
1% chance of 200+ Empire shards