Zavage in arena

I come up against my first one today, I'm in a January 2016 shard, and only just started playing again so meeting new opponents as I climb.

I managed to kill the whole zaul team besides zavage. 4 chavatees left including Rey qui and chaze and he beat my whole team. Seems ridiculously over powered is there any way to beat it?

Replies

• Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Healing immunity / Boba / DN etc
  • Insufferable_camper
    682 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You need a really big damage dealer. Like Darth Nihilus, Boba, or Kylo Ren (zeta). It is okay to leave him for last as he won't dictate a battle, but you have to have someone to take him out. There are a few Wiggs combos that can do it as well.
    Empire Relic
  • Options
    My boba is weak. I don't have nihilus. I normally use rey as my OHKO but I just couldn't get her with offense up and special attack ready. Think I'll have to avoid him for now, as don't have the characters needed
  • Options
    Tried him again, got lucky. Yoda got a stun on him, then qui gave offense up and was game over. Think only way is if I'm lucky enough to have yoda chirrut and rey left as 3 on 1.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Options
    Put some crit damage mods on chirrut including a crit damage primary triangle. My chirrut hits for 48k on crit hits and can take out anyone who is down Any sith who is down to their health and sometimes Zaul and EP with full protection.
  • Rosstheboss89
    373 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've modded mine with health and speed primary. Don't think I have the characters to get him decent critical damage mods as don't have jawas.
    Mike hits for like 25k on a critical if everyone's buffed, it's not enough really.

EDIT
    Here's my roster
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rosstheboss89/

It's still a work in progress, I'm thinking of getting rid of rey for JKA or Aayla once I've zetad qui. I can beat zader teams easy cause my yodas quite fast and I get tenacity up quick then it's easy with chaze counter and speed down on everyone. But struggle against zaul and zjyn and maxed rebels.
  • Options
    For GW at least, if you run out of hard Zavage counters (boba/nihilus/heal immunity chars) you can always use a rancor-like TMR squad to take him down. Teebo/Ewok scout/tusken/chewie/rex can keep him from taking any turns, therefore he never heals
  • Options
    @mlb1399 just bought a crit damage mod set and got nothing good, no crit damage primaries and no big speed secondaries. Can I look at yours and see how he's modded?
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    Crit dmg won't help if you cannot hit high enough to defeat him, it helps him cleanse from debuffs. Try Anakin for healing and buff immunity, or shock him with Dooku.