Tournaments idea. Have an actual tournament.

Gazza1988
131 posts Member
My issue with the last "tournaments" were they weren't tournaments they were a league.

My idea is a short tournament. 32 people each tournament. It's player vs player. Proper player vs player. Not player vs ai player (hence small number of teams)

You can enter 5 times a day. If you win it all you get a gear box, some credits and 5 shards (totalling 25 max a day) if you lose in round one then the rewards are scaled down (1 shard for round 1, 2 shards round 2 etc etc) You get the reward for the round you lose on.

Your squad is set before entering (so no changing teams to combat the opponent)

You could do this as a permanent game mode for credits and gear and random ftp shards. with special event versions for new characters. You could have a 30 day tournament under the rewards above meaning some will unlock the toon and some will 7* it and have spare shard shop currency.

Replies

• JynErso42
    197 posts Member
    Options

That's a neat idea. It could leave some room for social interactions between players. Perhaps in between battles there could also be some sort of trade feature, where players could exchange shards and/or gear? They could also comment on each other's squads.

it would probably be a good idea to start off small. You mentioned 32 as the maximum. Could they have that many people on at once? Probably, but I don't know much about the technical stuff.

Perhaps there could also be a semi-regular elimination tournament. I'm thinking something where a group of players sign up in advance, and gradually fight each other until only one remains. There could be different prizes depending on how far you get, with a special bonus for the winner.
  • Gazza1988
    131 posts Member
    Options
    The game is crying out for real PvP. Set each team 4 minutes per match (ie you have 4 minutes to either win or lose. First player to 0s loses. To stop people getting a hit in or stop fighting and hoping the opponent gets bored and quits.

I set the max at 32 because it's a max of 5 fights and with 4 minutes per person (or however long) that's max 8 mins a fight and max 40 minutes to complete and maybe win.

That's worst case scenario time wise. I anticipate it will go faster than that.
  • JynErso42
    197 posts Member
    Options
    A random idea: perhaps some of the tournaments could emphasize different factions. I was thinking there could be a light side/dark side aspect which encourages players to experiment with and develop different groups of people. Some of the rewards could then be shards based on those factions, as well as training droids.

in short, I was thinking perhaps there could be a different light side and dark side faction, with players divided so that there is roughly half playing each side. This would encourage players to try out different combinations of characters according to the current tournament. Then of course every few weeks there could be a free-for-all tournament where players can mix and match all they want.