Rex Tenacity Stat (Not the buff)

QuasarIngwer48
194 posts Member
edited May 2017
I've been wondering... how much does it actually matter?
I've often heard that Rex needs tenacity in his mods for arena battles.
And many of the high-end triple cleanse teams are putting lots of tenacity into him.

Now, if you mod your Rex for ~70-75% tenacity, will this even matter much?
Of course you could go for 90%+ with 3 sets, a primary and some secondaries but for most people that won't be possible while maintaining good speed. So they're mostly 70ish, even on rosters with excellent mods.

So many of the big threats with ability blocks and stuns come with a potency of easily 60%+.
Palpatine for example will be at 71% potency with just the cross primary - and no sets or secondaries at all.
At 70% tenacity against that, Rex will just have the minimum 15% resist chance, won't he?
Boba with only a primary would be at 60% potency at least, TFP at 77%.
Nihilus doesn't mind tenacity. Maul will have endless potency after his very first special.
If I'm not wrongly informed, tenacity shouldn't make a difference if it doesn't beat the attackers potency stat. And even if your 75% beat some 71%... isn't that still just a 4% extra resist chance?

If Rex is leading the team (and especially one with extra cleansers), - will you feel any difference at all? Wouldn't a speed set bonus (of 14 speed on Rex) highly outclass the tenacity bonuses you can stack?

People seem to be making this trade-off of tenacity against speed and/or other stats. Why are they doing this? Isn't the stat pretty much useless without a tenacity lead ability or other buffs?

When the standard competition also is Rex squads and Mauls on most shards, what will that tenacity give you anyway? The triple-cleanse teams barely use any resistable and mentionable debuffs. Chaze shouldn't bother Rex. And the Maul teams... what's so dangerous there to a Rex team that it needs to be resisted rather than cleansed or forestalled with Tenacity Up?

Replies

• Options
    Looking for some answers too. Here, take a bump.
  • Options
    Nope, no point wasting time on tenacity IMO. Speed on Rex is way more important. With all the cleanses in Rex squads there's no point putting any tenacity on him, or the others.
  • Options
    Tenacity is junk. Go for survivability and speed.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Rex will just end up with the basic 15% resist chance against all the potency boosts. Give him speed instead.