Jedi Event Pointless? Edit: ITS NOT!

TheEwokKing
36 posts Member
edited February 2016
Maybe don't waste mats to level up your Jedi unless you already have them.

So say you have the 5, 7* Jedi toons to get the event completed and you get the 4* Event Jedi. You obviously have a good enough set that you will rarely use Event Jedi, at least untill the next event gives you enough for 5* or so (still useless). So you are really months away from using it considering the event is the only place to get shards.

The only people who would use the toon would be players who currently only have 4* or 5* parties. But they won't have enough 7* Jedi to get it this time anyway. The event rolls around again in a few weeks, and they get the toon but now he is outclassed for Months by the very team they leveled up.

I get its a game and designed to take time to improve your party but unless this is Yoda, and he is really OP and useful at 5* or something, it just seems like a bit of a goose chase.

Post edited by TheEwokKing on

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    We know absolutely nothing about this event, really. We don't know how hard it will be, or what the rewards will be (almost certainly more than just this new character), cost to do it, how often we can do it... so there's no way to judge it yet.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    As someone who ranks #1 in arena every day and is on a server that has mostly 70s, I can say I continue to rotate in 5* characters into my team depending on weekly comp. Hell, I'm even using a 4* QGJ at the moment in order to deal with Poe teams. Maxing gear greatly reduces the loss of having a character at a lower star power.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    We know absolutely nothing about this event, really. We don't know how hard it will be, or what the rewards will be (almost certainly more than just this new character), cost to do it, how often we can do it... so there's no way to judge it yet.

It says you will get enough shards for a 4*, so we know that at least. If it is crystal refreshed it would be better. We def shouldn't judge it, it's something else to do and one can never be mad about added content.

This is just for people to think about, it may not be worth it for/to them to level "non essential" toons untill we see it, you are right there. It's good game design to have players slow there own development.
  • Xeox
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

It says you will get enough shards for a 4*, so we know that at least. If it is crystal refreshed it would be better. We def shouldn't judge it, it's something else to do and one can never be mad about added content.

This is just for people to think about, it may not be worth it for/to them to level "non essential" toons untill we see it, you are right there. It's good game design to have players slow there own development.

You get enough shards with level 5 or the event with 5 x 5* Jedi to unlock at 5 stars, he does not j lock at 4*
  • Options
    And 5 Jedi at 7 stars will be enough to get you the shards needed to upgrade the new character to 7 stars.
  • Xeox
    68 posts Member
    Options
    garublador wrote: »
    And 5 Jedi at 7 stars will be enough to get you the shards needed to upgrade the new character to 7 stars.

Only thing we don't know is level we will be facing going into this

I have the 5 Jedi at 7 but only 3 are geared and levels to 65, I have one at 5* and 4* that are geared but won't be able to progress beyond level 4

Don't want to invest a lot into two toons who I will never use again
  • Options

Sweet! Thank you for clearing it up, I must have misread. If that is the case than there is very much a Point. Anyone think you could need more than 5? GW style event?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Sweet! Thank you for clearing it up, I must have misread. If that is the case than there is very much a Point. Anyone think you could need more than 5? GW style event?

Don't think so. I bet it cn be do e with 5, but not sure if need to be 70 and gear 8
  • Options
    Also, data mined info has fueled speculation that the character in question is Grand Master Yoda. The same data mined information gives his abilities as:
    • Flying Strike (Basic) - Deal physical damage to target enemy. If that enemy has more than 50% Health, Yoda gains 40% Turn Meter.
    • Masterstroke - Deal Special damage to all enemies. In addition, for each positive status effect an enemy has, Yoda gains that effect for 3 turns.
    • Grand Master's Guidance (Leader ability) - Jedi allies gain 25% Tenacity, and gain 30% Turn Meter whenever they Resist a negative status effect.
    • Unstoppable Force - Deal Special damage to target enemy with a 65% chance to remove 40% Turn Meter. If that enemy had less than 50% Health, they are also Stunned for 1 turn.
    • Battle Meditation - Yoda gains Tenacity Up for 2 turns, then grants each other ally every positive status effect he has for 2 turns, with a 40% chance to also grant Yoda 35% Turn Meter.

I would say at 5* at unlock, that skill set would likely be able to replace at least 1 Jedi on most peoples rosters.

Of course, until the update goes live, its all speculation.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Yendor wrote: »
    Also, data mined info has fueled speculation that the character in question is Grand Master Yoda. The same data mined information gives his abilities as:
    • Flying Strike (Basic) - Deal physical damage to target enemy. If that enemy has more than 50% Health, Yoda gains 40% Turn Meter.
    • Masterstroke - Deal Special damage to all enemies. In addition, for each positive status effect an enemy has, Yoda gains that effect for 3 turns.
    • Grand Master's Guidance (Leader ability) - Jedi allies gain 25% Tenacity, and gain 30% Turn Meter whenever they Resist a negative status effect.
    • Unstoppable Force - Deal Special damage to target enemy with a 65% chance to remove 40% Turn Meter. If that enemy had less than 50% Health, they are also Stunned for 1 turn.
    • Battle Meditation - Yoda gains Tenacity Up for 2 turns, then grants each other ally every positive status effect he has for 2 turns, with a 40% chance to also grant Yoda 35% Turn Meter.

I would say at 5* at unlock, that skill set would likely be able to replace at least 1 Jedi on most peoples rosters.

The leadership alone is worth it
  • Yendor
    261 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    The leadership alone is worth it

Lol, I just created a thread about that this morning. I'm a bit on the fence about his leader ability.

Against the current meta I think it's a bit lackluster. However, if Yoda allows Jedi teams to break the current meta, or at least break into the meta, and the new Jedi teams result in more Dookus and Sids at the top of the brackets, then Yoda's leader would gain importance in my opinion.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/100733#Comment_100733

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    The chance to resist Poe's expose and win TM with it is good I thinkm
  • LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Gross, if he is at least 143 speed doubting he is based on the abilities the first attack would be ok. Seems like it would take to long to set up. His last ability needs to be able to give 100% turn meter.
  • Options
    I'm now farming Eeth, lol.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If Yoda has 143 speed, the third usable skill (unstopable force) is the death of Poe.
  • Options
    If Yoda has 143 speed, the third usable skill (unstopable force) is the death of Poe.
    offensively, but what about defensively, AI doesn't have the best track record.
  • Options
    this event is pointless. Jedis are weak against Sith and many have Dooku/Sidious
  • Options
    The chance to resist Poe's expose and win TM with it is good I thinkm

I have used Aayla at 7* with her leader skill maxed. All Jedi gain 35% Tenacity and gain 5% health in resist. It really isn't enough for a consistent Poe resist at the moment.
  • Options

So team:

Yoda
    QGJ
    Mace
    Lumi
    plo Koon

Kill opposing teams Old Ben, Yoda steals buffs, mace, Plo and QGJ debuff 3 people, Lumi kill/block 1 remaining with buffs. Yoda gives everyone dead Ben buffs. PWN.