Rex teams?

Will rex teams ultimately remain anti-meta unless there would to be a superior leader ability than rex? Would he be still viable after 2-3 months?

Replies

• Options
    There already is superior ability to his.
  • NinFang
    60 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

No there isn't. Rex lead has always been the go to lead to counter most metas. His leader ability is just THAT good. One day Sith/Empire meta will pass, but Rex lead will still be amazing regardless.
    The only thing that effects Rex when meta changes, is who you put behind him in new meta.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Rex was such a good anti-meta that he is now the meta.
  • Options
    NinFang wrote: »

No there isn't. Rex lead has always been the go to lead to counter most metas. His leader ability is just THAT good. One day Sith/Empire meta will pass, but Rex lead will still be amazing regardless.
    The only thing that effects Rex when meta changes, is who you put behind him in new meta.

Yes there is, you are simply too lazy to look at some other character's abilities. What does Rex benefit from? Getting crit hits on his team, so he can feed them TM. Can you take a guess who disables crits for his entire team? I will give you a hint, it's a character you'll find in probably 90% of the rosters and someone who is about to become the most used leader.
  • NinFang
    60 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Yes there is, you are simply too lazy to look at some other character's abilities. What does Rex benefit from? Getting crit hits on his team, so he can feed them TM. Can you take a guess who disables crits for his entire team? I will give you a hint, it's a character you'll find in probably 90% of the rosters and someone who is about to become the most used leader.

I'm too lazy ? lol ok Crazylazyguy

Nihilus isn't better than Rex lead. I run a Rex team and have no problem with Nihilus comps on my shard. They have no protection, and if Rex uses tenacity up he makes Nihilus's special useless.

& Even if it is good vs Rex lead, it still doesn't make Nihilus lead better. Seeing as his lead only counters one comp, meanwhile Rex lead counters almost all other comps...

• mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Options
    While a DN reduces the effectiveness of a Rex lead, it doesnt end that meta. Rex is still a great lead against every other team. Plus his team still gains health, which combined with R2's number crunch zeta, means Rex has 30% health and 10% more protection, everyone else gets 20 and 10.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

He doesn't counter all teams. He counters crit teams. Briefly Zader was the bees knees. Zader can handily deal with a Rex team. Now one of the best Rex (or GK or Zarris) counters is DN lead Sith based teams. Interesting, Zader can easily handle DN lead. Zader can't dream with Zaul.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    There's so much in play at the moment. You really can't chase the meta. Get good characters.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    rex's lead isn't that good at all if you think about it. It does one thing and does that really well; interupting the enemies who are faster than you are. Other than that his lead adds very little to the table.
    Combine that with his tenacity / TM up ability and you've got a great character, who is simply way better in the lead position than just as a team member.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    They have no protection, and if Rex uses tenacity up he makes Nihilus's special useless.
    1. Protection is converted into health which means: Sith under DN can restore full health AND protection
    2. Tenacity does not help much against DN's special. He still has his 50% chance to reduce cooldowns.
  • Options

I'm too lazy ? lol ok Crazylazyguy

Nihilus isn't better than Rex lead. I run a Rex team and have no problem with Nihilus comps on my shard. They have no protection, and if Rex uses tenacity up he makes Nihilus's special useless.

& Even if it is good vs Rex lead, it still doesn't make Nihilus lead better. Seeing as his lead only counters one comp, meanwhile Rex lead counters almost all other comps...

Oh, ok. I didn't know Rex was good against EVERY other team. Of course you will beat them on the offensive, duh...

Rex is good against debuffing teams(a.k.a Sith lead by someone who is not DN). Who else is he good against? Teams that rely heavily on crits, so maybe Rebels. Who else?

DN is literally in almost every team comp. And now he is starting to gain popularity as a leader to counter Rex, Just like Rex became popular so he can counter Zaul.

Yes you are the lazy one. If you weren't lazy, you would've researched an learned that DN's special has nothing to do with Tenacity as it's not a debuff. Yes of course if your character is already debuffed, it will give him a better chance to increase your cooldowns, but that doesn't mean he can't land it without that. Give it a couple of weeks. You will start seeing shards full with DN leaders.
  • Options
    Thnx guys for the answers...now I know!