Buff dispel vs. foresight

S04
16 posts Member
Hi all,

I wonder, if this is a bug (from my point of view it is) or if it is meant to be like this.
E.g. the AOE of Deathtrooper should dispel ALL buffs (in german text it is "sämtliche", which means really all and any), but it does not, when the toons have foresight. Of course foresight should save them from getting damaged, but IMO not from the buff dispel, because it is just one of many buffs.
Maybe the devs could explain, if this is really meant to be like this!
Thank you in advance.

Replies

• Options
    The effect of the attack dispels the buffs, but through foresight the attack is evaded. So all buffs except foresight, which caused the attack to miss and is therefore gone, will still be active afterwards. WAI.
  • S04
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, but from my point of view, the attack itself should make the damage, which is then - of course - evaded by foresight. The buff dispel should be more seen as a bonus effect, when it is explained in the text like this. And then it should just dispel ALL buffs (including foresight).
  • S04
    16 posts Member
    Options
    P.S. otherwise it has absolutely no advantage compared to other attacks...
  • Options
    Yes it is a bonus so to say, but only if the attack actually hits the target. Foresight prevents the target from being hit by the Deathtrooper Grenade and so neither damage nor buff dispel are caused. The attack is evaded and so are it's effects. Period.
  • crzydroid
    7317 posts Moderator
    Options
    But if it works despite foresight, why have the damaged dodged? The dispell the buffs (including foresight) first, then do damage.

The short answer is, for deathtrooper they made the dispell dependent on damage, and that's the way it is.

However, you could make the argument that the wording be changed to make this more explicit.
  • Options
    S04 wrote: »
    P.S. otherwise it has absolutely no advantage compared to other attacks...

You're right, it doesn't have any advantage. You wasted a special ability as a foresight remover. That's part of what makes foresight advantageous to use. Although the argument could be made if the whole group had foresight that it is worth it to use an aoe special to get rid of all foresight so that your other toons can attack them.
  • S04
    16 posts Member
    Options
    B2 removes foresight and other buffs with his special, right? (I do not have him). Is the text in english explaining this difference correctly? In german language there is no significant difference compared to DT.
  • Options
    As I understand this damage engine:
    Foresight -> foresights gets removed, end
    Evade -> end
    Hit -> remove all buffs, basicDamage, end

Lets think: if you can't hit him - you can't change his abilitys
  • crzydroid
    7317 posts Moderator
    Options
    Now this is interesting though....

I did pop over to the mechanics, and both deathtrooper and B2 have the dispell listed before doing damage.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    It is has to hit the toon to trigger debuff/dispel.
  • S04
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Just read on reddit, that B2 acts the same way as DT. Then it is just the unclear texts, which should be changed.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    @OP you got my blood boiling again

Dispel should dispel foresight BEFORE the foresight is used.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/895201/#Comment_895201
    Hiya!
    Our team tested Death Trooper's "Death Trooper Grenade" on Chewbacca and the only situation where he wouldn't dispel Taunt is when the attack is Dodged which is as intended, because if the attack is Dodged by Chewbacca while he has Taunt active then the rest of the effects of the attack (Dispel, Healing Immunity and Cooldown increase) will not apply to the dodging target.

Foresight cause the the entire attack to be dodged just like a natural dodge (fs is just a guarantee dodge against avoidable attacks)

I believe the only way to dispel fs without it being dodged is if character is stunned, teebo bring low, Boba execute or Asajj dispel.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/895201/#Comment_895201
    Hiya!
    Our team tested Death Trooper's "Death Trooper Grenade" on Chewbacca and the only situation where he wouldn't dispel Taunt is when the attack is Dodged which is as intended, because if the attack is Dodged by Chewbacca while he has Taunt active then the rest of the effects of the attack (Dispel, Healing Immunity and Cooldown increase) will not apply to the dodging target.

Foresight cause the the entire attack to be dodged just like a natural dodge (fs is just a guarantee dodge against avoidable attacks)

I believe the only way to dispel fs without it being dodged is if character is stunned, teebo bring low, Boba execute or Asajj dispel.

Vader' Culling Blade is great against foresight too. It hits really hard and most FS characters don't have large health pool
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    WAI, if you dodge the attack on your own (without foresight) you dodge the damage and the debuffs. Foresight just guarantees the dodge. It is one attack with two effects (damage and debuff) so if it is evaded than the damage and debuff do not land. B2 works the same way.

Assists on the other hand are two different attacks so the first attack wipes the foresight and the second attack lands the damage and/or any applicable debuffs. Same can be said on double attacks (Dooku, Boba, etc.)

If you are fighting a Jedi squad it is a bad idea to use aoe abilities to clear the foresight anyways unless you can apply buff immunity with B2 or something.

What bugs me is that Vaders basic can damage through foresight, wipe the foresight, and inflict ability block with tenacity up.
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options
    kodias wrote: »
    WAI, if you dodge the attack on your own (without foresight) you dodge the damage and the debuffs. Foresight just guarantees the dodge. It is one attack with two effects (damage and debuff) so if it is evaded than the damage and debuff do not land. B2 works the same way.

Assists on the other hand are two different attacks so the first attack wipes the foresight and the second attack lands the damage and/or any applicable debuffs. Same can be said on double attacks (Dooku, Boba, etc.)

If you are fighting a Jedi squad it is a bad idea to use aoe abilities to clear the foresight anyways unless you can apply buff immunity with B2 or something.

What bugs me is that Vaders basic can damage through foresight, wipe the foresight, and inflict ability block with tenacity up.

Are you sure it wipes the foresight? I know Grievous leaves it up after hitting, and I thought Vader did as well.
  • kodias
    264 posts Member
    Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    kodias wrote: »

Are you sure it wipes the foresight? I know Grievous leaves it up after hitting, and I thought Vader did as well.

You're right it doesn't wipe the foresight, it's been a while since I've seen a vader. Just burnt through my GW to find one and I can confirm that vader does not wipe the foresight. My bad on that one.
  • CombatCommander7
    466 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Hiya!

Vader' Culling Blade is great against foresight too. It hits really hard and most FS characters don't have large health pool

And then there's General Kenobi (having the high ground of course)
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Hiya!

Yes it is but if the opponent lives FS will/should stay up. So it doesn't trigger FS or dispel it.