Phoenix needs a buff

C'mon... we have R1 p2p toons (Jyn cassian Chaze) being pretty solid as a team, drennic is good in a Empire team (esp after troopers) and Nihilus and co. very good everywhere.

Then we have the disaster called Phoenix.
ZERO arena viability, ZERO viability in raids and ZERO use as a Level 85 player.

Please, can we have a) a Phoenix Zeta or b) a phoenix buff?

Maybe Kanan's Total Defense can grant all allies Protection Up or cleanse everyone?
Maybe hera can Expose every toon and not just the healthiest?
Maybe Zeb's Honor Guard can grant team-wide tenacity up?
Maybe chopper can only grant offense/speed up on basic and to all Phoenix allies?

Replies

• Options
    Maybe you should be more careful what you're paying for?
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just because it have huge price on it, doesn't mean it will be good.

Correction : they're not bad either.. but they're..

Cr4p :neutral:
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    First they need to move to a node to farm. It has been two months for Hera and still nothing.
  • Options
    well I didn't pay to get them to 7*, just saying that compared to all the other expensive toons they can't be compared.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    well I didn't pay to get them to 7*, just saying that compared to all the other expensive toons they can't be compared.

Yeah u're defenitely right.. i've seen p2p team (before they become f2p), and their price is equal with quality. Like R1, nihilus n team, krennic deathtroop (not really, but i still amazed by them). They are useful, strong in arena.

I've seen just one phoenix max team in my shad, at the best (assume it's his/her payout time) they can reach max #5, but when not paytime they do freefall jump like around position #40, the worse i see #60.

****.. u pay that much, then u have to climb up far away when payout time. That's really not cool man :frowning:

I think they don't need buff.. they need to entirely delete from the game. Because they're so ugly that i think buff will not help their ugliness :flushed:
  • Options
    Phoenix are just plain bad the way they are. They don't have to be meta, but they should have at least been somewhat usable. Personally I think they would be great fun if one of the toons had a unique that gave +15 tenacity for each living Phoenix ally. The way the team works, that would give them all +75 tenacity until you managed to kill some of them, and with that big a buff it would be possible to mod them until even high potency toons like Palpatine would actually have trouble getting debuffs to stick.

Of course killing the toon with that unique would end all that, but then you would have to choose between that and stopping the counter attacks, as it would be hard to get daze to stick.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    They're not a bad team. Too bad they're not raid viable. Just not a top arena team. They are fun to play and did well against most teams in that demo event a while ago. Really well against most teams.....
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    I think phoenix just intended to be some kind of promotional worldwide purpose for rebel series. They never design to be kinda meta team tho.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Except the whales, nobody have them 7-starred so it's hard to see their full potential. They have a good synergy as the Jawas or the Clones. Ezra, Sabine, Zeb are good toons and fun to play (at least during the free event when we could play maxed version of them).
    They will be arena viable when they will be 7-starred. Ezra for example could perfectly fit with Wiggs and 2 other rebels.
    If they were OP, we would have a lot of nerf thread for them. Btw, they almost all have a place for a zeta, so for sure it's already planned to provide them with.
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    Options
    I wrote about zetas month or more ago. Still no announcement. And phoenix still not playable.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    I don't expect much from phoenix, because in reality the ghost crew are smugglers and cargo haulers. While others.. darth maul, nihilus, sith assassins, savage opress are killers of both civilian and jedi.

Let them stay the way they are :grimace:
  • Options
    C'mon... we have R1 p2p toons (Jyn cassian Chaze) being pretty solid as a team, drennic is good in a Empire team (esp after troopers) and Nihilus and co. very good everywhere.

Then we have the disaster called Phoenix.
    ZERO arena viability, ZERO viability in raids and ZERO use as a Level 85 player.

Please, can we have a) a Phoenix Zeta or b) a phoenix buff?

Maybe Kanan's Total Defense can grant all allies Protection Up or cleanse everyone?
    Maybe hera can Expose every toon and not just the healthiest?
    Maybe Zeb's Honor Guard can grant team-wide tenacity up?
    Maybe chopper can only grant offense/speed up on basic and to all Phoenix allies?

How many drennic with troopers have you actually seen in arena?
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    Options
    As a faction Phoenix squadron is not viable, but individual characters are good if not phenomenal in the right team, such as ezra in a zQGJ squad
  • Options
    Any new team without AOE potential won't be viable. Without group buffs and group cleanse from your support and target group debuffs and aoe damage from your dps, what's the point? Either have a group effect or have a unique special, a la Zylo. Otherwise the character will be useless.
  • Jefferx
    362 posts Member
    Options
    Is anybody did try phœnix with r2d2 double zeta yet ? They are all rebel, it should be strong ?
  • Options
    They did get a buff: R2-D2.
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    Options
    Carbonari wrote: »

Did you saw them on arena with him?
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    Options
    Striker wrote: »
    Carbonari wrote: »

Did you saw them on arena with him?

Most of my shard didn't spend the money on the packs. I've got them all at 5* or 4*, purple gear, okay mods. I can run them in GW for most of it with R2 on their team. Hera lead for a bit, then Jyn. Works great.

They are some of my favorite characters, and I would love to be able to use them in arena. A buff would be great, but R2 really gives them the battlefield control that they need. As soon as they are farmable, I'll make them work in arena. Maybe not under a Hera lead, maybe not a full Phoenix squad, but I plan on using them.

It's not that Phoenix squadron is bad, it is that people aren't sure where or how to use them. There are some synergies that aren't going to be obvious right away. It will take some creative players with maxed out Phoenix characters to prove that. We don't have access to them right now, and their gear is a pain to farm. So it will be awhile.

I think once they are farmable we'll see them in arena, particularly Ezra and Sabine.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    I like Sabine kit tho.. will fit perfectly in my raid burst team (Wiggs-Chaze). Put her in Lando/Sidius lead will be great also i think.
  • Options
    I actually think Phoenix squad is better than most people give them credit for.
    They might have trouble with top tier arena however, they have several benefits. If the sharing of uniques works properly.
    Kanan (70% counter + 25% heal when debuffed) (counter almost guarantees offense down as he is a crit machine)
    Chop and zeb allow damage mitigation (recover health & protection + protection up on being damaged) chop counters = buffs for other team members/Cooldown reduction)
    Zeb - protection up (also can add retribution) daze & stagger for turn meter control (like the demo suggested, using Ezra and/or Hera to have him assist can add to the turn meter control)
    Ezra - controlled assists with bonuses
    Most of the team has decent base speed (gain turn meter on special ability being used)
    3 characters with protection up (50%, 40%, and (40% on tanks))
    Chopper attacks can also add offense, defense, and speed to team members
    With an alt account that is completely f2p - the health / protection regen + the way protection up at end of battles recharges protection for next battle in GW makes them an amazing galactic war team. On that account (currently level 72 ish, I can auto battle entire GW without losing any characters

On my main, I mainly have been using Kanan with my Jedi team