Who should I use in my Sith team under DN

2findaz
90 posts Member
So just got EP and I want to have some fun with my sith team for a bit.
Here are my options

Running a DN lead

Dooku almost 7 star gear 8
Vader 5 star gear 8
Darth Maul almost 7 gear 8
SA 4 star (farming) gear 8
EP 5 star (farming gear) Lets assume I get to gear 8

Who gets left out??

Also Im not opposed to putting Kylo in, I have him at gear 9, 7 star

Replies

• Options
    personally I say maul because he is not as impressive when he is not leading
  • Options
    also might want a clenser in there for maul and other nihilus teams. Nihilus is going to be new meta stick with your sith team
  • Options
    DN, Vader, Dooku, Savage Opress and Sid.
    Ross is right. Maul is a squishy dude and doesn't add that much value.
    EP might be a good idea but he would probably shine brighter under a different leader.
  • 2findaz
    90 posts Member
    Options
    DN, Vader, Dooku, Savage Opress and Sid.
    Ross is right. Maul is a squishy dude and doesn't add that much value.
    EP might be a good idea but he would probably shine brighter under a different leader.

Well I dont have savage and sid is not geared up, but I am a little surprised you chose them, esp sid over SA
  • 2findaz
    90 posts Member
    Options
    rossram4 wrote: »
    also might want a clenser in there for maul and other nihilus teams. Nihilus is going to be new meta stick with your sith team

yea really need a cleanser
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If you want DN lead, I would go DN, Dooku, Savage, Sass (100% on this), and find a tank. Sith Trooper is good for DN lead. Without crits, a DN team needs time to work their magic, and a tank does that. GK or Baze would also work, but you probably don't have them. Sass is essential to let Nihilus do force drain early, and make sure she is 225+ speed, the faster the better. You can sub in Vader, Sid or EP and see if it works. If you don't want to go Sith Trooper, then put Vader in as fifth position.

I don't think DN lead will be meta, but that is just me. Zader and Jedi beat it pretty easily.
  • 2findaz
    90 posts Member
    Options
    coeuss wrote: »
    If you want DN lead, I would go DN, Dooku, Savage, Sass (100% on this), and find a tank. Sith Trooper is good for DN lead. Without crits, a DN team needs time to work their magic, and a tank does that. GK or Baze would also work, but you probably don't have them. Sass is essential to let Nihilus do force drain early, and make sure she is 225+ speed, the faster the better. You can sub in Vader, Sid or EP and see if it works. If you don't want to go Sith Trooper, then put Vader in as fifth position.

I don't think DN lead will be meta, but that is just me. Zader and Jedi beat it pretty easily.

1 thumb up for your solid advice, 2 thumbs up for calling her Sass

Im all out of thumbs
  • Options

SASS is the glue to this team.....

https://swgoh.gg/u/prowlergram/
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    Options
    Vader is your odd man out in a DN-lead Sith team. I also agree that utilizing a good tank or two is the key to running a DN team. Squishy Sith (EP, Maul) don't survive very long, Dooku is squishy but becomes insanely formidable due to the counter + 150% health steal.

IMO, you absolutely want Sass, SiT, and Dooku under DN. I'm guessing you don't have any Zeta ability materials yet... so Rex would be useful to cleanse as a fifth on that team in such a scenario. B2 would be your fifth against triple-cleanse teams. Zylo would do well for damage output against tankier opponents. Once leveled, Zavage would work well too in defense as an all-around utility character. But I highly suggest the first four I mentioned, and then tailor your fifth to your opponent.
  • 2findaz
    90 posts Member
    Options

1 thumb up for your solid advice, 2 thumbs up for calling her Sass

Im all out of thumbs
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Vader is your odd man out in a DN-lead Sith team. I also agree that utilizing a good tank or two is the key to running a DN team. Squishy Sith (EP, Maul) don't survive very long, Dooku is squishy but becomes insanely formidable due to the counter + 150% health steal.

IMO, you absolutely want Sass, SiT, and Dooku under DN. I'm guessing you don't have any Zeta ability materials yet... so Rex would be useful to cleanse as a fifth on that team in such a scenario. B2 would be your fifth against triple-cleanse teams. Zylo would do well for damage output against tankier opponents. Once leveled, Zavage would work well too in defense as an all-around utility character. But I highly suggest the first four I mentioned, and then tailor your fifth to your opponent.

Thanks, great advice!
  • Options

I can attest to this and would agree with coeuss. With DN, you need a tank and SiT fits the bill. Sass is a must to speed up the team. With DN (L), Dooku, SiT, Sass, and EP I can take top ranks. My Sass is the fastest in the shard so putting tons of speed on her helps a lot.

Nowadays every team is beatable. It's nice to see EA/CG is bringing more balance into the game.
    SWGoH Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/masternad/
    Discord: masternad#8521
  • Options

SASS is the glue to this team.....

https://swgoh.gg/u/prowlergram/

All those +30 Speed mods helping a little too :)
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    Options
    I've been running a Nihilus lead pretty much since he was available. It is very helpful to have his leader ability zeta, since that's your only way of healing. I'd also recommend his other zeta as well. After playing with multiple combos of sith in the crew, here's my thoughts on them.
    Pros to full Sith team:1. Cannot trigger Barriss's Zeta, nor GK's auto-taunt 2. Great self-healing
    Cons: 1. In general, it's a slower grind. It's not the great burst damage of Wiggs, Droids, zVader/Boba
    1. Vader: Doesn't add a lot, and his DoT's disappear after 2(?) turns. His basic damage is meh, and his culling blade doesn't add much without him actually leading
    2. Palpatine: He would be incredible, but for whatever reason his basic can create crits which eliminates pro #1 of using the squad
    3. Sid: Excellent healing, ok damage, fast. Heal immunity is very nice. I rotate him in and out depending on the crew I'm facing
    4. Dooku: IMO, a must have. Counters. Chance of shock/stun. Hard to take down because he heals every time he hits and counters. Pretty much needs to have massive damage done to him for him to go down
    5. Sith Assassin: Must have if for nothing else then her speed up. With correct mods she also deals a ton of damage. I normally hit for 12-13k non-crit damage on her basic
    6. Sith Trooper: Solid tank, that's hard to take down once he has retribution (counter) up. Can be annoying to re-build it after a de-buffer takes it away, but he's excellent to have to keep off the others
    7. Savage: Basic damage is ok. Basically he's best used to suck debuffs from a random Sith at the end of his turn, which is helpful.
    8. Maul is really pretty useless with Nihilus lead. Can't crit which is his bread and butter, and he's quite squishy.

My usual setup is: DN, SAss, SiT, Dooku, Savage/Sid. If you feel the need to run Chaze with them (which by the way can trigger GK auto-taunt), flip out SiT and Savage/Sid.
    If only Asajj were Sith.......
  • Options
    I run DN, Dooku, Zavage, GK and rotate the 5th between b2, Rex, and Sass depending on the opponent. I typically lose GK and sometimes b2 but the 3 sith will be standing tall with full health at the end of a match.
  • Options
    I'm only level 80, but DN led Sith are rampant in my shard. I run Wiggs / Lando / ST Han and Boba and do pretty well against all of the DN teams EXCEPT the ones with Sith Trooper + Dooku. A well geared Dooku under Nihilus can be a horrible experience to face (so much so, I'm working on Kassian just to combat this scenario) and if SiT stays alive long enough to get retribution he's at least as big of a headache.

That said, focus every ounce of energy on Dooku. If someone doesn't bring the right skills to the party he can solo a team (stack tenacity mods on him).
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    Options

@Ryzak620 - EP has been fixed with the last update, so he is good to go now on a DN led team.

I also like Sid for several teams. I think he is underrated, especially with his zeta. His expose sticks now, making your damage much higher. Plus, he is fast. He is my next Zeta, both for arena and HAAT.
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    Options
    I do like Sid's zeta. He heals an incredible amount now. And I tried running EP since the update (last weeks update) and still have him doing crits on Rebel/Jedi as the after-effect for his basic (Crackling Doom Unique ability). If there's been one since then, then yes, it could be fixed
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I've been running zVader, and as such have been dropping slowly in Arena due to the arrival of Rex+Chaze. Considering a switch to DN, but I don't have the toons most used with him. I'd be looking at something like DN, DV, zSid, EP, Shore or putting a zBoba in, which of course could negate the whole "no critting" thing. Of course, it would REALLY suck to have Shore crit for some measly amount of damage and trigger GK/TMG as well....