Jedi Faction Pass Idea!... including Reworks, Brand New Abilities, Uniques and Zetas!

2Next

Replies

• Options
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Good post.
  • Options
    Palpatine iced kit fisto in .000000000001 seconds along with another Jedi "master". Kit doesn't deserve to be any better than CUP
  • Options
    Lol. You have a lot of time on your hands. Too much, clearly! Didn't have the time to read it all. But interesting take on jedi's. Submit it to the devs.
  • Options
    I would actually like to see something different for aayla's zeta. Her counter is already pretty high and the crit damage buff isn't worth much if she's in a squad that grants crit damage (here's to hoping for a new super offensive Jedi that grants the team crit damage buff). I like the idea of make her more fearsome but maybe that could come in a different way:

she gets an additional 45% chance to call assist when countering
    Or
    +5% crit chance and gains 5% offense (stacking) each time she counters

I'd also like to see Ima Gun Di's lead buffed. It's good but not as good as Gar Saxon's. I like mullato's suggestion on a previous thread to buff his unique with a 65% counter chance so that he gets 100% under his own lead
  • Options
    @Big_Boss here's my big question: how should yoda's leadership ability be reworked to justify spending the zeta on it?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Big_Boss here's my big question: how should yoda's leadership ability be reworked to justify spending the zeta on it?

Jedi Allies gain 40% Tenacity and health equal to 50% of the total Tenacity of all Jedi allies. Whenever a Jedi ally uses a basic attack they gain +3 speed and whenever a Jedi resists a debuff they gain 35% TM. As long as Yoda is alive Jedi allies gain offense equal to 15% of the total tenacity of all Jedi allies.

I'll bet you want those Tenacity Mods now, don't you.
  • flux_rono
    2122 posts Member
    Options
    i like old bens new unique make it where his old unique might actually effect your allies for once
  • Options
    People put a lot of effort into these ideas. I hope at least some of them get taken onboard by the devs!
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Jedi Allies gain 40% Tenacity and health equal to 50% of the total Tenacity of all Jedi allies. Whenever a Jedi ally uses a basic attack they gain +3 speed and whenever a Jedi resists a debuff they gain 35% TM. As long as Yoda is alive Jedi allies gain offense equal to 15% of the total tenacity of all Jedi allies.

I like it! I would really like to see tenacity used to bump stats the way potency does. I dont think the offense buff needs to go away when yoda dies though. Maybe the percentages could just be reduced: health = 30% total tenacity, offense = 5% total tenacity. This could easily mean +160% health and +25% offense.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options

Tenacity is a broken stat though
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    +1.

Let's make it happen.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

I like it! I would really like to see tenacity used to bump stats the way potency does. I dont think the offense buff needs to go away when yoda dies though. Maybe the percentages could just be reduced: health = 30% total tenacity, offense = 5% total tenacity. This could easily mean +160% health and +25% offense.

That would be good as well. I was thinking it would work nicely with Aayla and Kit Fisto. Tanky and counter attacking. Higher tenacity and solid offense. Of course you could still Daze them and stun them and theres annihilate, but it'd make them last longer in a different way from zQGJ.
  • Joseph_Quinn
    26 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This is a amazing job! I have used at least 2 or 3 jedi on my arena team since I started to play on december of 2015 even if this has made the things harder. With your rework a full jedi squad could be finally used!
  • MasterSeedy
    5072 posts Member
    Options
    I was looking at Lumi's heal.

First: I don't see why you need to change her from an attacker to a healer. Yes, it's kind of weird to have someone with party-heal abilities not called a healer, but Ahsoka does that too. It's not unheard of. Akbar is a Support. That sort of thing.

It's not that I care that much about whether she's labeled a healer or attacker, but with certain challenges and other aspects of the game the Attacker tag matters b/c it allows you to bring a healer when you wouldn't otherwise be able to. QGJ is most similar to an attacker, but he's classified as "support" because almost all the assist-caller characters are supports. So, why not leave that alone is all I'm saying.

As for the party-heal & cleanse:

I like your idea. The Sith are so relentlessly about debuffs, it is appropriate to have a party cleanse. However, I think that instead of just reducing the duration of the HoT she gives to 1 turn for all characters, that you should have it work something like:
    Master Healer’s Blessing (SPECIAL)
    Dispel all Negative Status Effects from all allies. Each ally recovers Health equal to 50% of Luminara Unduli’s Max Health. For each ally that was not debuffed, grant a HoT buff that provides an additional 20% of her Max Health at the start of that ally's next two turns. If an ally had one debuff cleansed, reduce the duration of HoT by 1. If an ally had more than one debuff cleansed, do not apply HoT. (Cooldown: 4)
  • MasterSeedy
    5072 posts Member
    Options
    I like a lot of what you did with Mace, but I also have some suggestions there. You wrote:
    Smite (SPECIAL)
    Expose and deal Physical Damage to target enemy. Reverse all Positive Status Effects on the target. If any Effects were Reversed, Mace Windu and a random ally gain Critical Chance Up. Mace Windu gains 15% Turn Meter for each buffed enemy and his next attack deals 60% more Damage
    (Cooldown 3)

Vapaad (UNIQUE)
    Whenever Mace is damaged, there is a 60% chance the attacking enemy has all buffs reversed. Dark Side enemies receive Damage equal to 10% of their Max Health and are Exposed for 2 turns.

He's supposed to be good at turning the enemies' strengths against them, so I get where you're going with this. I tend to think it is too powerful, however. Also, I don't think that all the other enemies should be relevant to the TM bump: Mace was said to be a master of lightsaber dueling, not multi-enemy wars. As you've noted, that's more Plo and Kitt Fisto's realm.

So what if this was revised to read something like this:
    Smite (SPECIAL)
    Deal Physical Damage to target enemy plus bonus damage equal to 10% of the target's Max Health. Dispel all Positive Status Effects on the target and apply the corresponding negative status effect if one exists. Mace Windu gains 20% Turn Meter for each buff reversed. If any positive status effects were dispelled, apply Evasion Down to the target and Mace's next attack deals +20% damage for each debuff on the target.
    If no positive status effects were dispelled, grant all allies Critical Chance UP for 3 turns.
    (Cooldown 5)

Vapaad (UNIQUE)
    Mace Windu gains +35% accuracy against all enemies and gains +35% Dodge against all Assist attacks and +35% Deflect against all Special Damage (these dodge/deflect bonuses do not stack with each other). When attacking Exposed enemies, Mace Windu gains +50% Potency.
    Whenever Mace suffers DoT or Thermal Detonator damage on his turn, he gains OffenseUP until the end of his turn and reduces the cool down of Smite by 1. This cannot trigger more than once per turn.
    Whenever Mace is attacked on his turn, there is a 60% chance the attacking enemy has all buffs dispelled. This dispel, if it occurs, happens before damage is applied but after it is determined whether or not the attack hit Mace. Each buff that was dispelled has a 50% chance of applying the reverse effect to the attacker. If Mace was buffed when attacked during his turn, Mace attacks again after the attack on Mace is resolved. This bonus attack cannot be countered and deals +25% damage and an additional +25% damage to Dark Side enemies.
    When Mace Attacks out of turn, he does +25% damage and reduces the Cooldown of Smite by 1.

So if you'll note: instead of applying expose, I simply applied bonus damage to the Smite attack. This makes it impossible to resist and instantaneous (so it can't be dispelled before it has its effect). In exchange, the damage is lessened to 10% of Max health. This makes it similar to Rex's Subdue at its basic level. It does not get better bonus damage at the Omega level BUT Rex doesn't dispel all buffs and reverse the ones with a corresponding negative status effect. (Also I tweaked the wording so if Mace dispels a buff that does not have a corresponding debuff, he still gets his bonuses: the way you wrote it made it sound like those happened only if an effect was reversed, and not just when an effect is dispelled.)

This version of Smite allows you to grant an AoE party buff if there are no positive status effects to dispel, making it useful against squads that don't rely on buffs (like Sith), but it retains its primary function as a crippling dispel as the advantages of using it against a buffed target are much greater. In this version of Smite, the CoolDown would actually start at 6, but would be reduced to 5 along the way. Since he reduces the Smite cooldown whenever he counters a counter-attacker, the cool down is effectively 3 even when it starts at 6 if he is attacking counter-attackers. However, since it is also reduced by calls to assist and whenever Mace counter-attacks (such as under an Ima-Gun Di lead), it is possible in theory to attack with smite, reduce cool down when counter-attacked, then reduce it again when called to assist, then reduce it again when counter-attacking under I-GD. Ultimately, it is possible with DoTs, Assists, counter-counter attacks, etc. to actually Smite every single turn. Mace would then be a bit like an Anti-Zylo, but it's not nearly as reliable, he doesn't have as many specials to choose from

Note that even though Mace has no AoE it is possible for multiple attackers to counter on Mace's turn. This happens with characters like Echo and Gar Saxon. When that happens, Mace obviously attacks BOTH (or all) enemies that attacked him. In these circumstances, Vapaad reduces the CoolDown of Smite once for each bonus attack, usually that's only two. The bonus attack not being countered is to prevent infinite loops - he's already being countered, that's how he sneaks in the extra damage.

Also note: Mace performs his counter-counter whether he takes damage or not. This is not a counter-attack in the normal sense, where a counter-attack only triggers when a blow actually lands on a character.

Vapaad:
    The +35% accuracy is a reflection of his exceptional dueling ability and directly counters the +35% dodge Sidius has against Jedi. Of course, Sid will still dodge Mace when on a +Dodge% team or when he has EvasionUP. It's not immunity to dodge, but it reflects Mace's relentless focus on his opponent and his legendary skills with his lightsaber.
    The +35% dodge vs. Assists is his way of getting the allies of his enemy out of the way to continue to focus on his chosen opponent.
    The +35% Deflect vs Special damage reflects how he deflected Sidius' force lightning.
    The response to Thermal Detonators and DoTs was a matter of thinking about how you would resolve that damage under your original language where Mace debuffed and damaged "the attacker" "whenever Mace takes damage". Obviously sometimes Mace takes damage when there is no attacker. What then? The OffenseUP bonus. Since he can't reduce his cool down by counterattacking against this damage, he gets the Cooldown reduction automatically without counterattacking anyone.
    Although I grant a lot of new advantages through Vapaad, his counter-attacks are much more limited. He does not counter normal attacks against him. He only counters a counter-attacker. This makes him a great counter to Dooku, just as the the +35% accuracy makes him more effective against the only other Sith lord of his era: Sidius.
    Taking 10% Max Health AND being Exposed every time you attack = 30% Max Health damage every time a DS toon attacks Mace. I thought this was too much, especially on top of reversing buffs. Really, if you think about it it's just monstrous. But the way he massively increases his damage when using Smite against buffed enemies and OffenseUP whenever taking DoT (which means all the time against Sith - permanently against Zader) is going to make him a feared attacker in a way that he's definitely not now.

Because I'm using a different mechanic for reducing the Cooldown of Smite, this requires a change to Mace's basic. But I can tie it in to the Vapaad anti-dodge capabilities:
    Invincible Assault (BASIC)
    Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and apply SpeedDown for 2 turns. On a Critical Hit and whenever striking a Stunned opponent, Expose the target with a 60% chance to Expose an additional random enemy. If the target of this attack was already Exposed and Mace's attack lands, apply Stun and do not apply Speed Down.
    If the target of this attack successfully dodges, Reduce TM by 100%. This TM reduction cannot be resisted.

This reflects Mace's ability to control the battle field and, ultimately, to corner his enemies, giving them nowhere to run (as he did against Sidius). You are very unlikely to dodge Mace's attacks, but if you do, it's only because you were willing to be forced out of attacking position in order to avoid the blow. He won't always Expose you, but if he does his blows are positively crippling.

This is a somewhat weaker kit than you proposed, but only because losing 30% Max Health every time you attack Mace is just plain OP. It's still a very nasty skill set and it quite closely reflects what we saw Mace do in the movies. I hope this preserves the spirit of what you wrote & that you like it. I tried to keep close to your core concepts, and clearly you did a lot of good work even if i disagreed on what should happen when makes takes damage.

Thanks for reading!

• Options
    We need Kid Adi, Jedi Luke, Quinlan Vos
  • MasterQuinanVos
    119 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • Heiko
    287 posts Member
    Options
    +1... The Jedis need a rework,too. Nice idea!!