Randomized Raid Rewards? Seriously?

WrathofCaedus
1880 posts Member
edited May 2017
this is the best fix you could come up with? What a joke... so now rng is going to determine rewards in spite of equal effort? Yeah, can't see anything going wrong with that "solution"... the obvious and easy solution is to treat ties the same as guild activities... but I guess that would cut into the precious greed too much... random rewards are not just lazy, they're not even remotely fair... need any example? Look it how well it works with credit heist... some never getting more than 2.5 million, others getting 10 million multiple times... equating to a huge advantage for some people. I truly hope this isn't a permanent fix. At least the way it is we can take turns for top rewards..

Replies

• TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    I like it, at least I then will be able to pray to RNGeesus to take top 3 spot.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    this is the best fix you could come up with? What a joke... so now rng is going to determine rewards in spite of equal effort? Yeah, can't see anything going wrong with that "solution"... the obvious and easy solution is to treat ties the same as guild activities... but I guess that would cut into the precious greed too much... random rewards are not just lazy, they're not even remotely fair... need any example? Look it how well it works with credit heist... some never getting more than 2.5 million, others getting 10 million multiple times... equating to a huge advantage for some people. I truly hope this isn't a permanent fix. At least the way it is we can take turns for top rewards..

You can still take turns with an RNG system. That won't change. But the RNG system is essentially just a worse fix to the problem than taking turns.

I just wish they could make it so that anyone who does more than 0 damage and ties get the same rewards. 0 Damage scores should be randomized. Solos should not.
  • Options
    Pretty sure they said it was temporary
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get why it is so hard to give everyone first place rewards if everyone does the exact same damage and solos it. They all did the exact same amount of work.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    I don't get why it is so hard to give everyone first place rewards if everyone does the exact same damage and solos it. They all did the exact same amount of work.
    Because there's no way to add up the rewards for all the ranks and split them evenly.

Way overpowering a raid shouldn't entitle a guild to extra rewards from it. It's only as strong as it is, and only gives out so much.

Giving everyone the listed first place rewards is a bad idea and would be broken.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I mean think about it. You are all ganging up on a monster, killing it and taking the loot he has/is guarding.

Let's put it in simple terms. If a 5 man group took down a mob with 15,000 currency on him and it split so it went in order of damage like
    1. 5000
    2. 4000
    3. 3000
    4. 2000
    5. 1000

Then you'd have split the 15000 according to how much damage you did. Lets say you all hit the mob hard enough to 1 hit KO it. Then you'd all tie for first. Do you think you'd still get 5000 currency each? No. that would be 25000 currency and he only has 15000. You'd get 3000 each.

It's the same logic here. They can't give everyone first place rewards because there's no way to split prize boxes and 1 Rancor simply doesn't have that much loot to give out. To change it so that it gave out more rewards would simply imbalance that guild's raid compared to other guilds' raids.

I think the solution was good. Now no one is assured of first place in a particular guild if multiple solos occur, yet the guild itself can still set up rules to make sure that particular people take first if they so desire. It made things fair for the free for all guilds while not removing specific solutions from organized guilds.
  • Tantema_Garnik
    302 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Your example WrathofCaedus is wrong: If you play long enough the payout will be the same.
    The fix is requested by customers - lets say thanks for picking it up.

I enjoyed the first (old AAT, without Boni). The whole guild was fighting for 5 month to reach a target. We died, regrouped and fighted again. Every day. Some left, as they could not handle the bloodbath anymore, but they were replaced by even braver man who filled up empty spots in the line...
    We ended up in a strong guild, reached together a target nobody can reach alone.

Thats what Raids should be for.

There will be an other form/harder of raids, before/with the lvl85 falls. (Mybe to get ship mods?)
    Just wait and enjoy the game ;-)
    Post edited by Tantema_Garnik on
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

what's your solution?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Any body want mk 5 fusion furnace,S? That's what I get, requ3st gear
  • Weeeeee
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

what's your solution?

Instead of giving us two random items...give us the option to stay with two/three random ones OR just select one?

Lets say I pick a furnace...make it random so I get in-between 30-50 of them?

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I mean think about it. You are all ganging up on a monster, killing it and taking the loot he has/is guarding.

Let's put it in simple terms. If a 5 man group took down a mob with 15,000 currency on him and it split so it went in order of damage like
    1. 5000
    2. 4000
    3. 3000
    4. 2000
    5. 1000

Then you'd have split the 15000 according to how much damage you did.

By that logic, if a guild only has 40 members, they should split all 50 prizes.

How about if one player solos the Pit before anybody else gets to go, they should get all the rewards from every prize tier?

Your argument is invalid.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

How about if one player solos the Pit before anybody else gets to go, they should get all the rewards from every prize tier?

My argument is entirely valid, but you obviously missed the point of it based on your reply. (and the fact that you ignored half of my argument)

My point was that if the boss only has so much, it can't give out more, FOLLOWED BY saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE to split raid rewards, so the ONLY fair way to do it is to keep ranks 1-50 as they are with NO TIE.

If it WAS possible to split Raid rewards, then your counterargument would be valid, but since it ISN'T possible, it ISN'T valid.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Here is the way to do it:

Make a pool of all tied players. Say hypothetically 10 players managed to be #1 and 10 Players are #2 (and know thats not possible, but just for the argument's sake). Then simply make a pool of all rewards (gear+credits) for the first group and the second group. Divide the credits by 10 for each group and randomly distribute the gear also to all 10 players in each group. For all players that have 0 damage, award last place automatically without any tie.

In this way there will be no extra rewards and everyone gets his/her fair share! So simple!!!

EDIT: The proposed RNG ranking is just plain frustrating and guilds will just continue to rotate the top 3!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Antares wrote: »
    Here is the way to do it:

Make a pool of all tied players. Say hypothetically 10 players managed to be #1 and 10 Players are #2 (and know thats not possible, but just for the argument's sake). Then simply make a pool of all rewards (gear+credits) for the first group and the second group. Divide the credits by 10 for each group and randomly distribute the gear also to all 10 players in each group. For all players that have 0 damage, award last place automatically without any tie.

In this way there will be no extra rewards and everyone gets his/her fair share! So simple!!!

EDIT: The proposed RNG ranking is just plain frustrating and guilds will just continue to rotate the top 3!

I would like to see them split prizes as well for a tie honestly. I just don't see how that would work with the Prize boxes. They are basically like scratch off lottery tickets. Doing this would take a lot of the randomness out of them, and that's half the thing about them.

I could see maybe adding up shards and currency and splitting that, but keeping the prize boxes still for each place and keeping that random. That way the RNG of gear drops wouldn't be tampered with, and since people's main complaint seems to be shards that should be acceptable I think.

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

My argument is entirely valid, but you obviously missed the point of it ...

Nope. You missed the part about one player soloing the raid and getting all the rewards from all the tiers. There's nothing to split if one player gets everything, is there?

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Nope. You missed the part about one player soloing the raid and getting all the rewards from all the tiers. There's nothing to split if one player gets everything, is there?

I missed nothing. your reply ignored HALF of my argument. Your counter argument didn't even address my argument, just your misinterpretation of it.

But go ahead and keep cutting sections of people's statements out and think that means something. All it means to me is that you aren't actually using logic to argue.
  • Options
    Woodroward is correct with what he is saying the Rancor should have a limited amount of gear to give out to keep things fair.

If everyone in a guild got first place prizes it may be more fair on everyone in the guild but at the expense of everyone not in the guild.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    random # for tied scores is awesome. It's soooooo much better than using player ID to determine rank. Sure everyone wants #1 rewards if they solo the raid, but realistically speaking that is never going to happen. I don't see a reason why it should either to be honest. Obviously i wouldn't complain if in fact all solo's would get #1 rewards, but that's besides the point.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    random # for tied scores is awesome. It's soooooo much better than using player ID to determine rank. Sure everyone wants #1 rewards if they solo the raid, but realistically speaking that is never going to happen. I don't see a reason why it should either to be honest. Obviously i wouldn't complain if in fact all solo's would get #1 rewards, but that's besides the point.
    +1
  • Options
    Your example WrathofCaedus is wrong: If you play long enough the payout will be the same.
    The fix is requested by customers - lets say thanks for picking it up.

I enjoyed the first (old AAT, without Boni). The whole guild was fighting for 5 month to reach a target. We died, regrouped and fighted again. Every day. Some left, as they could not handle the bloodbath anymore, but they were replaced by even braver man who filled up empty spots in the line...
    We ended up in a strong guild, reached together a target nobody can reach alone.

Thats what Raids should be for.

There will be an other form/harder of raids, before/with the lvl85 falls. (Mybe to get ship mods?)
    Just wait and enjoy the game ;-)

First off, this is just my opinion, and as such can not be wrong. Second, this was a lazy solution on the part of the devs, requiring the least possible amount of effort. And your comparison to another game doesn't even make sense.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

what's your solution?

Honestly, I'm not sure there is a perfect solution. But there are numerous other ways ties could be handled. This just handing the decision over to rngesus is lazy, and pretty much assures we'll see all the familiar issues involving rng appear, only now we'll have 0 control over raid gear. Might as well just have 1 person solo & everyone else post 0... that 1 get top rank for their effort & others get what they get. It's ridiculous
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Imho those who register equal damage first should be placed highest. Just like in tournaments, cant be that hard to check on timestamp instead of player id. I can prob even manage to program that. I dont really trust 'random' in games.
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Imho those who register equal damage first should be placed highest. Just like in tournaments, cant be that hard to check on timestamp instead of player id. I can prob even manage to program that. I dont really trust 'random' in games.

True, definitely one of the better ways to handle ties
  • Ipoopsy2
    60 posts Member
    Options
    You guys are funny. You all argued over a raid that came out when the maximum lvl was 80 at the time. During that time, no one was able to solo it and the rewards was good then. Now with the increase in maximum lvl and mods and new chars introduce, almost everyone can solo it by now with at least a zader chars.

Y don't you all put your mind together and ask for the next lvl after heroic, instead of debating(arguing) over something that was meant to be play when it was a maximum lvl of 80.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »

Don't like that mechanic at all. I can see it being usefull if you want to manage/rotate ranks. Other than that it just sucks and I most definately prefer totally random for 2 reasons:
    1. 0 scores are in place for guild members who don't have time to play at a specific moment, wich would automatically mean they'll also always finish low
    2. after the 24h 0 dmg period it's not a matter of who can solo the raid the fastest, but who can register his dmg exactly at the 24h mark.
    The least total time spent in battle would be alot better, but probably also alot harder to code. Also harder to manage the ranks ofcourse, if that's why you suggested the timestamp mechanic in the first place. Personally i like as little guildmanagement involvement in raids as possible. More "rules" make the game less enjoyable. It's bad enough that we have to enforce rules in the first place to give everyone a somewhat equal chance at getting a good rank and guarantee the possibility of participation.
    Save water, drink champagne!