Idea for yoda

Prev1
Carth_Onassi1973
1706 posts Member
edited May 2017
Rework his master stroke to an AOE force push that has a chance to stun and ignores protection instead of being able to "steal" effects.

Force push is one of the most common powers/abilities of all jedi and not one has it.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Unstoppable force does not steal abilities. That would be master stroke that does that. And No I prefer to see Yoda using his Famous Ataru form
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Unstoppable force does not steal abilities. That would be master stroke that does that. And No I prefer to see Yoda using his Famous Ataru form

My bad and edited.

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »

My bad and edited.

I can't see why you think this is a good idea. Yodas ability to copy buffs is one of his biggest asset and anyways he already has a ability that stuns. If anything rework a bad jedi to do a aoe stun but not yoda it makes no sense
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1706 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I though it would be cool to have one of the most powerful jedi (supposed to be) use an ability that's a staple of all jedi that NO jedi uses at this time. Yet there are three Sith who use force lightening.

"reworking a bad jedi" ....yes, that's my point. copying abilities is great. His speed and ability to grant tenacity and foresight (if zeta'd , even better) to the rest of the squad I think are better and can be used more frequently because you're not relying on an enemies buff to steal and spread. And the stun only works if the're 50% health or lower. That's stupid.

So, you think an AOE stun that ignores protection sucks?

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    I though it would be cool to have one of the most powerful jedi (supposed to be) use an ability that's a staple of all jedi that NO jedi uses at this time. Yet there are three Sith who use force lightening.

"reworking a bad jedi" ....yes, that's my point. copying abilities is great. His speed and ability to grant tenacity and foresight (if zeta'd , even better) to the rest of the squad I think are better and can be used more frequently because you're not relying on an enemies buff to steal and spread. And the stun only works if the're 50% health or lower. That's ****.

So, you think an AOE stun that ignores protection sucks?

Wow bro you clearly do not use jedi at all and your facts are horribly wrong. First of all Luminara, JC and Eeth Koth all use Force Push. (Im not saying they are good but its a Fact that they use this ability) second Yoda was reworked so now he can Stun when a opponent is under 100% health. And lastly Yoda' ability to copy buffs has actually been a lifesaver for me in arena because it can completely turn the odds in your favor when you copy Crit immunity, retribution, offense up and defense up then spread the goodness to all your toons.
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Big Boss, you and I have been running Jedi since before baldo went insane; Yoda is and always will be.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ciel_6 wrote: »
    Big Boss, you and I have been running Jedi since before baldo went insane; Yoda is and always will be.

Wth lol cool dangg you know me since the Baldo incident?? Lol thats super cool though your going to have to text me on line because I don't recall your forum name
  • Options
    You're right. I don't :smile: and admittedly, I completely forgot about Koth, Lumi and JC, so strike two for me. I'll own it. Regardless of whether or not they're good, I said "no other jedi" and I was wrong.

All im saying is, yoda is supposed to be great. Not good, not a toolbox character - great. Yoda's ability to copy buffs IS cool. Not saying it's not. But his use of an AOE force push that affects all enemies, ignores protection and has a chance to stun all like palps AOE lightening? That wouldn't be cool?
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Let's be straight: Yoda isn't going to change. Give it to Anakin on his zeta unique. Stuns and ignores protection when you beat on his loved ones.
  • Options
    A few of my guild mates run full jedi in arena and they do great with zqgj, Zarris, zyoda, GK and a variation of aalya, anikin or Ahsoka.

Yoda's double zeta is fantastic and there are two full jedi squads in our top 25 or so.

Purpose of this was to get ideas on how to make yoda the best there is. He's Grandmaster Yoda. Not some jedi who had two minutes of screen time before he was slaughtered by friggin clones. He's supposed to be the baddest jedi period.

@Big_Boss can you offer a suggestion that would add to yoda and make him even better? Or a rework idea? If you like him how he is, then fair enough. I just think they can make him even better.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi Knight Anakin has an AOE force push
  • Options
    There's another, @DatBoi

#carthdoesntknowjedi

not a good start to Mother's Day
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Jedi Knight Anakin has an AOE force push

Ok Yeah and so does Kit Fisto
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    And Plo does an aoe floor bash.
  • Options
    LOL!

(Sits back down and shuts up)
  • Options
    Hahaha!!

Ok, can we at least agree that a jedi needs an anti- Sith "something"? Like how maul does double damage to jedi? And give it yoda?

Can I get myself into trouble with that?
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    A few of my guild mates run full jedi in arena and they do great with zqgj, Zarris, zyoda, GK and a variation of aalya, anikin or Ahsoka.

Yoda's double zeta is fantastic and there are two full jedi squads in our top 25 or so.

Purpose of this was to get ideas on how to make yoda the best there is. He's Grandmaster Yoda. Not some jedi who had two minutes of screen time before he was slaughtered by friggin clones. He's supposed to be the baddest jedi period.

@Big_Boss can you offer a suggestion that would add to yoda and make him even better? Or a rework idea? If you like him how he is, then fair enough. I just think they can make him even better.

Really when it comes to Yoda my buddy @JohnnySteelAlpha says it best.... all they got to do is give him his pre-nerf damage output
  • Options
    Yep. For sure on that. He hit a lot harder pre-nerf.
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    You have to be careful with Yoda. Once you've got ludicrous speed on him - and that's not that hard to do - he goes again and again and again and again. He's got speed, he's got TM gain... Too much damage and Ig88isboss is going to be yelling OP! And we don't want that.

What does your Yoda currently crit for on basic?
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1706 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Ciel_6 I currently removed all my mods from yoda because even at g11, I couldn't find anything I was happy with.

He either was fast (upwards of 250+ speed) but did no damage, Did damage (crit between 6-9k with basic when stacked with crit damage/crit chance and good offense secondaries) but slow, and in both, super squishy. I know he's not very tough and is supposed to be used as support and speed but come on.

I'm playing around with mods to try to get a decent set out of him that's balanced.
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    I can't accurately recall his pre Nerf damage output. Do you remember what numbers he was doing back then?
  • Options
    @Ciel_6 it was so long ago that I don't remember myself. I do know he hit harder, though.

And you're right, coupled with his speed, he would have had other players screaming that he was too powerful if he hit they way he previiusly did.
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    @scuba, this is your realm: how much damage was Yoda doing pre Nerf? If it wasn't excessive, then maybe we could argue for a revisit of the nerf, however unlikely a positive result might be.
  • Options
    @Ciel_6 I found a thread back from 2016 that states pre-protection, yoda on a QGJ lead team did 6-8k with his basic. No buffs. Does that sound accurate?
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, that sounds about right. Good detective work! Hmm, with his speed, I wonder how quickly each of those strikes will add up? Is 6-8k too much? I'm not sure. And factor in the damage boost spread across the entirety of his kit... Interesting question.
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    Hahaha!!

Ok, can we at least agree that a jedi needs an anti- Sith "something"? Like how maul does double damage to jedi? And give it yoda?

Can I get myself into trouble with that?

I figured you'd want Yoda clone wars chewy synergy.
  • Options
    Ciel_6 wrote: »
    Yeah, that sounds about right. Good detective work! Hmm, with his speed, I wonder how quickly each of those strikes will add up? Is 6-8k too much? I'm not sure. And factor in the damage boost spread across the entirety of his kit... Interesting question.

@Ciel_6 probabaly would add up very quickly, especially if yoda attacks 3 times with rediculous speed. And yeah, with damage boosts, he'll hit even harder.

Sounds nice, though :wink:

• Options
    It was a mystery to us because Yoda pre-nerf was good, but wasn't even "OP" upon release. You could use him well enough, but at the time his skill to push tenacity up rather than attack wasn't beneficial. The AI didn't play him well for D.

Top of head, I want to say it was around a 30-40% reduction in his damage output - very sizable change.
  • Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha that's a lot. and im quite sure that reverting him back to his original form is completely off the table, which is a shame.