My Zaul team has hit a road block... is DN lead a smooth/better transition?

So i have Zaul, Zavage, darth Vader, palpatine, dn. I can get up before 50 easily but usually get to 20s. I'm seeing an increase in teams that will beat me. I need to possibly move on from this team and do dn lead?

Or is there a different team i should make?
My swgoh.gg name is maxtheflasher

Replies

• DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is you rely too much on debuffs and don't have a taunt to protect your team. I'm currently in 1st on my shard but I run a hybrid Sith team of zDM, DN, B2, Chaze. I could replace Maul with Rex and have basically the same outcome but I love Sith. B2 is great against the cleanse teams but can be an easy target without a taunt in their.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    I think u need sith trooper to protect ur squad while doing their pow pow pow :(
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    I'm at the point now where I can't rely on one team especially since I don't have Chaze or GK. I still hit top 5 but I can't use zMaul every battle anymore. Sometimes I'll switch to a Nihilus lead, replace a toon with B2, etc...It all depends on the enemy squad composition.

So to the OP, change your leads depending on your enemy team.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    You should consider Sith Assassin instead of EP or Vader.
  • Options
    Get rid of that Vader asap for strooper or sassy.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Here's a model to go off of as I used zDM before and you're likely running in to the same issues:

Enemy: Rex leader, Chaze, GK, DN (Classic 3x cleanse)
    Use: DN leader (no zeta required), SiTrooper (4* max gear is fine), Dooku (needs no zeta, but all g11 gear must be complete and ideally offense mod set - if so he's unbelievable, SA (she's critical to all Sith elite builds and should be a 7* slam dunk), and zSavage. On an even mod basis you will win 90% of the time np.

Enemy: GK / R2 / DN / Chaze (this team can vary)
    Use: zDV leader, SiTrooper (4* fine), SA (critical for early TM push - needs good speed mods to go early), EP, and DT.

If you don't have Chaze / GK you're going to need to plug and play various characters that matchup well, meaning you'll need a deep and diverse roster. The Chaze / GK users don't have that same issue because they each do everything and matchup really doesn't matter. You will have to continually farm stuff to adapt to CHaze / GK / R2 because meta pivots around them and what new skills get introduced in to the game. Easiest advice would be to just farm Chaze and build R2 as well along with Rex. Then you're pretty safe with any meta shift with little effort.