The mod "lock" function

Georgemi6
1236 posts Member
I get that when you "lock" a mod, you can't remove it without unlocking it, but what purpose does this serve? Does it benefit the character with the mod or something? I thought it might have something to do with a function that would be implemented at a later time, but so far nothing has happened. Does anyone know?

Replies

• Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    It helps to remember the important mods instead of scrolling through trying to find which mods you switched out. Well that's how I use the lock feature :lol:
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I have 100 toons and several hundred mods. I have never used that silly feature once.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    It helps to remember the important mods instead of scrolling through trying to find which mods you switched out. Well that's how I use the lock feature :lol:

LOL. Same here.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    I accidentally "destroyed" one of my mods once.

Since then, I started locking the good ones.

It also helps when moving mods from one toon to another.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I had no idea you could do that. Now that I know that feature exists, I will continue to never use it.
  • Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    Welp I myself had always thought this feature was useless until now where I just removed a "locked" mod and saw the lil' lock icon is there on the list. Yep, gonna use this the same way now too! lol.
    This is a signature.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, as well it's very useful that you cannot swap a locked mod, it has to be removed manually, me and my fat fingers double-clicking mods are really happy about that feature, then as per when I am changing mods it really helps me find the ines I just took from toon A to go into toon B
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    From bunch mods i have, at least i know mod with lock logo is special mod.

So.. u're special eh boy? :expressionless:
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I have 100 toons and several hundred mods. I have never used that silly feature once.

Same here. I locked one once and I then quickly unlocked it and felt dirty.

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    I hope to someday have awesome mods for all the characters I use. But for now, it helps when I'm swapping a mod set. I lock them, remove the mods, switch to the character I'm modding, then simply equip the locked mods. Don't have to search for the ones I just removed.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I had no idea you could do that. Now that I know that feature exists, I will continue to never use it.

Pretty much! :D
  • Options
    The lock feature doesn't even work for me, I can swap and remove a locked mod.
  • Options
    I originally thought that feature was so you could lock them on a character so that when you swapped them to a new character it would have a new option to revert the mods back to the character they were locked on.
    I would much rather have that feature over this one that does absolutely nothing.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Everyone in my arena team has a locked mod. No one else does. Just a little heads up, after hours and hours, of moving mods not to touch those.
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    You can't sell locked mods either. So I lock mods with great secondaries or I plan to slice so that I accidentally sell them

I think there needs to be a mod flag feature. Where you can flag mods red/blue/green etc.

Since you cannot sell mods from the main menu, I'd like to flag some mods when swapping between two characters (since that's not an option) or when I level a mod to 15 and get lousy secondary boosts and want to sell it right there and then, a flag option would be nice.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    @Painki11er this was almost two years old. Moving locked mods has been possible for a while, you just can't sell them.

Solid necro though.