TIE Advanced - 0% Potency?!

Why does TIE Advanced have 0% Potency!?

I get that his basic target lock can't be resisted, but his special (which I think the AI uses first) requires potency as does the additional effect on basic (add 2 DoT)

Replies

• Options
    Basic effect on target lock can't be resisted so the 2 dots always occur when attacking target locked opponents.

His special is a dispell and not subject to potency check. Atf is pretty slow so usually the opponents biggs is taunting and target locked by the time atf pops out of the hanger for a look-see. So having the target lock on and a buff the ai automatically goes for dispell. Other wise atf will go for basic.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    Where did you read that target lock effects can't be resisted? I'm sure I've seen my ITF not inflict buff immunity before but will have to double check.

And his special is "Inflict Evasion Down and Ability Block on target enemy...." which requires potency to inflict
  • Options
    Advanced targeting system reduces opponent tenacity. He doesn't need potency.
  • Options
    Yes by 20% - but most ships have about 40% tenacity which means it is reduced to 20%

That means he has a 20% chance to be resisted, which is higher than the minimum 15% you would get if potency > tenacity
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    potency doesn't increase the chance to debuff, it lowers the effectiveness of tenacity.
    If both potency and tenacity are 0, you'll still have a 85% chance to debuff (given the 15% minimum chance to resist)
    so in ATF's case: a enemy ship only increases it's chances to resist a debuff from ATF if said ship has a higher tenacity than 35%. A 40% tenacity ship only has a 20% chance to resist a debuff from ATF. (thus ATF will have an 80% chance to debuff eventhough he has 0 potency)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Spot checking tenacity, most are 40-45%, so with target lock, there's a 20-25% chance to resist the dots and evasion/AB on a TL target.

With no TL, that jumps up to 40-45%.

Looking at other ships that debuff, -20% w 0% potency is quite low but the upside is that the -20 tenacity is applicable for all toons. It's really moot though because all you need is potency > tenacity - 15% to reach cap anyway and there are no ship mods yet so ATS doesn't really help anyone other than Vader.
  • Options
    @leef I understand the mechanics - it just doesn't make sense why he has zero potency.

The other ships with zero potency (JC, Ahsoka, Plo & Home One) don't inflict debuffs so it somewhat makes sense.

Kylo Ren also has 0% potency, even though he inflicts TMR and healing immunity on his first special.

• Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Just got a deja-vu ... same question/complaint came up earlier, when level cap was lower and Sid had no potency.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
This discussion has been closed.