How raids can be improved: a simple solution

IvoB1987
495 posts Member
Right now for heroic rancor our guild has a 0 score rule for 24 hours and after that it's one squad attack for each member. I think most serious guilds have something similar but it still has flaws:
  • the time at which everyone is allowed to attack may not suit everyone so there will be always 0 scores when the raid is finished.
  • some people really like to be able to attack in a certain phase (especially for AAT raid). Phases go so fast or are even skipped because of the speed at which things go.

I'd like to propose the following solution for EA/CG to implement because I think it would solve many of the issues:

When the raid is finished, instead of the 1 hour time it takes until payout there is a 24 hour time until payout. During this time any player that hasn't registered a score yet is allowed to send in a single squad at the beginning of any phase of their choosing as if the raid was only completed until that point.

in my opinion, with this change the guild doesn't need any rules any more. no need for a 0 score, and no need for 24 hours holding back, or other amounts of time.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• Options
    Practically speaking, this isn't any different. In one version, the raid takes 24 hours and 10 minutes to finish, the other it takes 24 hours to finish.

So that leads me to assume (might be incorrect) that the issue for you, is that when your guild starts the Raid, you typically aren't able to join.

A simpler solution might be to:
    1. Work with your guild to vary the start time of raids. Maybe it's 2 PM one raid, 7 PM the next (just throwing stuff out there)
    2. Find a new guild
  • Options
    No need for that sort of thing being imposed by EA. Learn to manage your own guild, or find one that does. Ours does it excellently, and we have members from North America and Europe to think about. No problems, no hassles. Everyone gets to participate.
  • IvoB1987
    495 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Practically speaking, this isn't any different. In one version, the raid takes 24 hours and 10 minutes to finish, the other it takes 24 hours to finish.

So that leads me to assume (might be incorrect) that the issue for you, is that when your guild starts the Raid, you typically aren't able to join.

A simpler solution might be to:
    1. Work with your guild to vary the start time of raids. Maybe it's 2 PM one raid, 7 PM the next (just throwing stuff out there)
    2. Find a new guild

ow, me personally have no issue. I'm just thinking about how to make it as fair as possible for everyone. varying raid times would solve it for certain people only half the time because there are always people not able to join at the start time. my solution would fix that
  • IvoB1987
    495 posts Member
    Options
    No need for that sort of thing being imposed by EA. Learn to manage your own guild, or find one that does. Ours does it excellently, and we have members from North America and Europe to think about. No problems, no hassles. Everyone gets to participate.

What rules does your guild exactly have?
  • Options
    For Rancor, we split the event between time zones and rotate it.

So, let's say today we do Rancor. The US players will do phase 1 and 2, one team only. No crossing into phase 3; if you do, you get banned from the next raid. Then later, the EU players will do phase 3 and 4, two teams only. We are required to post screen shots of our finishing scores and post them on a discussion site.

Then, next raid, we flip it and the EU guys go first. Raids are announced on the discussion site in plenty of time, and we check in fifteen or so minutes before the raid starts.

Each member is absolutely required to get their 600 points a day. If you can't, you let someone know why.

We do something similar for the HAAT raid, but because it's harder we allow more teams. And if a phase isn't finished by the time everyone goes (happens with phase 3 of the HAAT sometimes), we announce a free for all to close that phase out.

It requires the leaders to be on top of things, but it works great and ensures no one or two players are dominating the raids. In short, it's all about the guild doing well...not one or two players.
  • Options
    I think the issue is that raids are getting easier every day with people developing better rosters plus zeta abilities, crazy new characters and level 85 / gear 11.

The Rancor isn't a challenge anymore, I'm soloing it with a single team and so do ten others on my guild.
    In these days of zeta abilities, even the hAAT is becoming a quick & easy grind for active max level guilds.

When those Raids were new, we worked together to beat them. Now you need to be careful not to miss raid times if you want to play at all.

We need harder raid tiers as rosters get better. They're giving us toons and maybe they're working on new content but the existing content isn't updated as it gets easier.
    We shouldn't need rules and management, we need raids that we can't beat within minutes.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    We have 3 raid start times which cycles each raid... have europe US and australia in guild works pefectly
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You forgot the most important thing when it comes to improving raids. No challenge gear as raid rewards. For Rancor, syringes and mk3 carbantis are nice but challenge gear as a reward on the AAT, for me, is the most frustrating part of the game.
  • Options
    You forgot the most important thing when it comes to improving raids. No challenge gear as raid rewards.

Hear him! Hear him!