Can we get the new 7* Jedi without 5 7* Jedis?

If we have 5 4* Jedis can't we just accumulate 80 shards per event and then accumulate enough shards to make a 7* of the new Jedi after 3 events? I'm assuming our shards earned will carry over?

Replies

• Options
    Based on the comment regarding your place being saved between events I think we can assume you only earn shards the first time you complete a stage.
  • Options
    From the update notes:

"A limited time Event can re-appear at a later date after its time limit has expired. Players' progress will be saved from previous attempts."

I take this to mean that we won't be able to replay the previous levels, or at least we won't be able to get the rewards again.
  • Options
    Ah thanks guys. I didn't catch that during my read-through. Looks like we do in fact need 7*s :(
  • Options
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    Ah thanks guys. I didn't catch that during my read-through. Looks like we do in fact need 7*s :(

From everything I read you should only need Five Jedi total, with each being 5* or higher. So, as long as you have the five Jedi at or above 5* you're good. Someone correct me if I've read this wrong.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    . So, as long as you have the five Jedi at or above 5* you're good. Someone correct me if I've read this wrong.

The question noone seems to be asking is "at what level and with what gear should these Jedi be?". Getting a team of five 5* Jedi is one thing, but if the event is a lvl 70 exclusive and you have to fight your way through a bunch of powerful enemies, your characters may need to be maxed out. I've been hoarding training droids and mats since the event was announced just to be on the safe side. My arena ratings have suffered because of this (a drop from around rank 75-80 to 120-130), but I hope it'll be worth it.
  • Options
    I for one am making sure my Jedi are All maxed lv, and gear, and I'm basically 50 shards from having my 5th n final toon to 7*........not sure how this event is gonna go, but not need going into it, with a less then seller team.....if it ends up being overkill, o'well, I'll have a solid b team for G.W.
  • Options
    Short answer: No

CG doesn't want you to have a free 7* with a crap 5*? Why? While I can't read minds, I can read $$$. 5 x 185 shard you are missing - MORE THAN HALF THE REQUIREMENT. You get your char for being a nice Crystal refresher, not for wanting it more passionately.

Sad to bring the bad news to you.
  • Options
    Ring wrote: »
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    . So, as long as you have the five Jedi at or above 5* you're good. Someone correct me if I've read this wrong.

The question noone seems to be asking is "at what level and with what gear should these Jedi be?". Getting a team of five 5* Jedi is one thing, but if the event is a lvl 70 exclusive and you have to fight your way through a bunch of powerful enemies, your characters may need to be maxed out. I've been hoarding training droids and mats since the event was announced just to be on the safe side. My arena ratings have suffered because of this (a drop from around rank 75-80 to 120-130), but I hope it'll be worth it.

Good point. I overlooked it because I'm already at 70. Not that all my Jedi are 70 though. Probably take at least a few days to get them all to 70 if I didn't work on any of the other heroes.

Guess we shall see when the event goes live. I've held my arena ranking but I only stay top 100. I'm not even 25k power and don't use Poe so I don't expect it to hold anyway lol.
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'd imagine the first level which requires 5 1* Jedi would be at a difficulty commensurate with someone who had 5 1* Jedi and most likely present a challenge to that team. Same concept all the way up to the 7* challenge. Your 4* team, moderately geared, should have a cakewalk up until the 4th stage where it would be most likely a challenge unless you are geared well and higher starred. At least that's my guess.
  • Options
    I'm not too worried. I will prob only make it to 5* this first go around. My 7* Lumi and JC will pull a lot of weight, and I'm gearing up my QGJ because... He's QGJ

When it's in between events, I'll eventually get around to Koth and Mace purple gear
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise me if we got a linear scale throughout the event:
    Stage 1 - Lvl 10, Full Gear I
    Stage 2 - Lvl 20, Full Gear II
    Stage 3 - Lvl 30, Full Gear III
    Stage 4 - Lvl 40, Full Gear IV
    Stage 5 - Lvl 50, Full Gear V
    Stage 6 - Lvl 60, Full Gear VI
    Stage 7 - Lvl 70, Full Gear VII
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    That seems reasonable to me. You need five 5* Jedi to unlock the character and five 7* Jedi to max it out. Having five 7* is a bit of a stretch to most, so it's reasonable that most go for "just" unlocking the character for now.

Me, I'll field a maxed 7* team from the start. ^^ btw I need a life.
  • Options
    Are we thinking that it will work by giving you one chance a day? Day 1 get the 1*, 24hr refresh no crystals to speed up, day 2 2* etc, so we won't see the new character until the 5th day?
  • Jakeless
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The way I read it from the "February release notes" post, is that you need a team of 5 Jedi In order to even qualify to participate. From there, you will progressively fight battles, unlocking the number of shards required to make the new character 1*-7* respectively. Depending on how many stars your Jedi characters are, determines how far into the progression you can go. So for example, if all 5 of your Jedi are 3*, you can only unlock enough shards for a 3* version of the new character. If all your Jedi are 5* you can unlock enough shards to get a 5* version of the new character, and so on.
  • Options
    From my understanding, you'll get shards equivalent to the number of stars the stage is. For example, stage 1 will reward 10 shards. But the character won't unlock until you have the equivalent number of shards for 5*. So after stage 1, you'll have 10/145 the same way that some arena/cantina chars unlock at 80 shards.

Shirt answer, just because you have enough shards for 1*, doesn't mean you're getting a 1*.