Advice Needed - Best Rebel Team for Arena

theonemuffin
16 posts Member
edited May 2017
Hey all - first time posting here.

I'm currently running a rebel team with Wedge (L), Biggs, Jyn, and Chaze, and performing reasonably well in my shard (usually top 50 in arena).

Is there common consensus that a Rogue One team - Jyn (L), Chaze, Cassian, and K2 - is the superior rebel team for arena? I do have Cassian and K2 at 7*, but need to work on gearing them up.

Thanks!
Post edited by theonemuffin on

Replies

• Options
    R2 instead of biggs
  • Options
    Hey all - first time posting here.

I'm currently running a rebel team with Wedge (L), Biggs, Jyn, and Chaze, and performing reasonably well in my shard (usually top 50 in arena).

Is there common consensus that a Rogue One team - Jyn (L), Chaze, Cassian, and K2 - is the superior rebel team for arena? I do have Cassian and K2 at 7*, but need to work on gearing them up.

Thanks!

You are who I have constructed my arena team to always beat. From my experience being in a position that seems to be similar to you, you using the same team as most everyone else in your top end will only get you as far as rng, your mods vs theirs, and who is on offense vs defense. I find it much easier to be the anti then being the popular.

With that said, your team is quite solid, I used to get beat by it all the time, and personally the jyn lead teams are far more squishy then even wiggs from my perspective. They have their moments, but generally speaking wiggs hits much harder along with chaze. Having jyn with wiggs makes her my first target instead of wedge, so that makes those two even in a better position. From my point of view, I would just stay put, gear up, focus on mods, and keep at it.
  • Options
    Wiggs, Chaze, zeta'd r2
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Puddis95 wrote: »
    R2 instead of biggs

Instead of jyn
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone!

I haven't unlocked Zeta ship battles yet - is R2 still useful without his zetas? I have him at 6* but haven't started levelling/gearing him.

I use the Rogue One team for Galactic War, and it's a blast inflicting massive damage with all of the stacked exposes! My concern is the prevalence of tenacity up on opponents' arena teams, which really limits the damage output Rogue One can do. Wiggs can at least put out big damage even without inflicting debuffs.

Has anyone experimented with the Rogue One team with R2 substituted in for K2?
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I think you are on my shard, I have fought your team a few times and once this evening. If you are MissPuffins? I've found the Wiggs, Chaze with Jyn a pain to fight as R1 with Boba if I can't eliminate Wedge then Jyn immediately then it becomes a back and forth and occasional time out.

Running R1 is a fun squad the people atm is Rex is rising a long with Chaze and R1 damage with Cassian eliminating DNs and other high priority targets comes from the multiple exposes. It might be better once I get up the next gear tier completely with the damage dealers. I do enjoy the team I've been thinking of putting in DN or R2 even though he's only 5* to see how that goes R2s stun along with Jyn's is nice, also R2s flames proc expose. I've run this team through GWs and the last event this past weekend both tiers. But it might still lack offensive punch and I've found recently without K2 teams are getting to my Jyn easier.
  • Options
    Thanks, Syrath! I am actually "The Chosen One" in the game.

Definitely considering going with a R1 team at some point, but subbing in a better character than K2 - his synergies with Cassian are nice, but I'm looking forward to experimenting with characters such as Palpatine or Nihilus in that fifth spot :)
  • Options
    Moving to Arena and Character Strategy
This discussion has been closed.