Any teams that could work with savage lead?

Someone here one time wrote something about a savage lead. The person said they faced off against them and got wrecked. The team included sith trooper who is already beefy but added defense due to savage lead. I don't remember anyone else mentioned on the team. Anyone have any idea of a super bulky team with a savage lead? I would assume dn was there...maybe kylo or dooku?

Replies

• lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Someone here one time wrote something about a savage lead. The person said they faced off against them and got wrecked.
    They probably would've gotten killed even worse if any of the other characters had been the leader (those with leader abilities anyway). :D
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    The defense sith trooper gets from savage lead is minimal compared to his unique. Other sith leads are still way better.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Zavage lead SithTrooper GK Chirrut and DN. stack defense in sith trooper.
  • Options
    I am running Zavage L, zDN, chaze and R2 (no zeta) the moment on a Nov 15 shard. This team makes #1 daily- Never loses on offense with only mediocre mods. Like all teams, it is beatable on D, but it holds better than most. SiT either needs godly speed mods or to be run with SA to be viable in arena. These Sith probably run better under zaul or zzNihilus anyway.
  • Options
    at*
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    Options
    I tried Zavage lead with all sith about a month ago. It didn't do well for me. The extra defense didn't seem to help, and I lost so much speed up front moving from Zaul that I lost a lot of my team early on. However, I did not have Baze or Sith Trooper in the mix, and that was a fatal flaw.

I may try it again once I get Trooper built up (at g9 now), but it did not impress me the first time.
  • Options
    Defense isnt a very important stat given the massive amounts of damage characters are putting out. It's useful, sure, but there are substantially better leads that provide more important stats out there.

Maybe it's time for a critical version of defense (take 150% less damage on a critical defend)?
  • Options
    Just tested a few permutations and it's not good in top 10 arena

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    The tenacity is almost worthless and the 75% defense doesnt actually equate to that much damage mitigation.

The problem with defense and tenacity is that most don't really know exactly how they work. Many make the mistake of thinking defense% = damage mitigation and tenacity = resist%, which neither is the case.

Look at top 10 arena tanks, you'll rarely see a defense mod or mod sets.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe zSavage, SiT, DN, GK and zKylo ...