Huatimus
3669 posts Member
Looking at the iconic and premium characters, I noticed a discrepancy:
R2-D2 5 Abilities 2 Uniques
Emperor Palpatine 5 Abilities 1 Unique
General Kenobi 5 Abilities 1 Unique
Yoda 5 Abilities
Darth Vader 4 Abilities

Granted that Vader is now easier to acquire, it still doesn't change the fact that he is one of the most iconic characters. Wouldn't it be fairer if he had 5 Abilities and possibly a Unique? Maybe give Vader his iconic Force Choke?

Other iconic characters(Non exhaustive list):
Darth Nihilus 5 Abilities 1 Unique
Boba Fett 5 Abilities 1 Unique

Some abominations:
Baze Malbus 5 Abilities 2 Uniques
Chirrut Imwe 5 Abilities 2 Uniques

Remember Vader in the original trilogy?
Remember Vader at the end of Rogue One?
Remember Vader at the end of second trilogy?
#MakeVaderGreatAgain

P.s. I submitted this Discussion earlier but it disappeared into the void after I tried to edit it. Please close if duplicate is found.

Replies

• Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    Vader just needs to be faster. His skill set is pretty good already.

It's the same with Maul - increase base speed and he can be used outside his comfort zone (i.e his own lead).

Chewie is the same - useless cause he's too slow.
  • X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Options
    It would be cool if he had some sort of unique/passive called something like 'Dominating presence' or something, which would allow him to ignore taunts. That would be awesome.

I don't see it happening though. The Sith have received enough of a re-work recently and I'm sure CG's attention has moved on to other factions now.
  • Options
    As iconic to Star Wars as Darth Vader is, there's no way he should be outshone by Baze and Chirrut.
    Vader is on the same level as R2, GK, Palpatine and Yoda(also needs an OG buff).
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    Maybe a Unique... But AI is very bad for many characters and Vader is one of the few who is good and I don't want them to mess him up with a new ability, a passive would be much better

Agreed, another skill would make his AI beyond dumb. A unique ability would be great. Maybe something like....
    4795272-vader+ability+tutaminis+(1).gif
    O70G3E.gif?resize=600%2C338
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Vader is always great for me.. but not in arena, he doesn't fit for me. Still use him in GW, raid tho. But yes improvement would be wise
  • Options
    He could use a minor buff, I agree. At this point, he's far outshone by newer toons like Kylo. A speed buff would be a good start, and a modest damage buff to his basic.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    I'm betting Jedi Luke Skywalker will have five abilities it would make sense for Vader to have a unique ability
    X0160768 wrote: »
    It would be cool if he had some sort of unique/passive called something like 'Dominating presence' or something, which would allow him to ignore taunts. That would be awesome.

I don't see it happening though. The Sith have received enough of a re-work recently and I'm sure CG's attention has moved on to other factions now.

The Empire faction seems to be getting reworks though, and Vader is part of the Empire?
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Vader hit the wall.. people maxed him bcause lead zeta abilities. Vader not lead, it's just like have slow tanky figure that don't taunt, that's all. Not versatile toon like kylo who have zeta in special, easy to plug n play in any team.
  • CL_Chaos
    67 posts Member
    Options
    just give him force choke that kills target enemy in x turns unless the rebuff is removed. make it like a 3-5 cool down.
  • Options
    CL_Chaos wrote: »
    just give him force choke that kills target enemy in x turns unless the rebuff is removed. make it like a 3-5 cool down.
    As much as I want this for Vader. I REALLY don't want the game to start introducing more insta-kill abilities. Insta-kill WILL be meta, and that just makes speed that much more valuable. More speed, faster insta-kill.

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    As iconic to Star Wars as Darth Vader is, there's no way he should be outshone by Baze and Chirrut.
    Vader is on the same level as R2, GK, Palpatine and Yoda(also needs an OG buff).

I disagree with Vader being as good as those other characters, especially GK. Not sure on R2 yet as I haven't run into him much, but I am seeing him in top arena teams. I see zero Vaders. Vader is only good with his lead. He is too easily shut down from debuffs like ability blocks, and is very slow with no unique that can grant him turn meter. Vader teams rely on debuffs a lot,but the meta right now is heavy cleanse, which makes him useless. I use Vader myself in arena as his lead, although I am struggling more and more lately to stay in the top 20.

Yoda is underpowered as well in my opinion.

I do agree with you on not wanting more instant kill abilities.
  • Options

Agreed. Yoda, Vader need something more. Yoda needs to be the the counter Palpatine. Vader needs to be better. There is NO WAY a charactef such as Maul should have the 6 month run as best lead that he has had while Vader and Palpatine have never been OP lead. An 850 year old Yoda matched a 50ish year old Palpatine in a battle for the ages. Why doesnt Yoda have ability to repel and reverse Palpatines force lightening?! Vader needing a force choke stun or TMR is a no brainer. And while we're at it... this Tarkin rework best be having a Special named "Fire When Ready" - perhaps boosting CC & CD when fully leveled. In addition to his Speed boost, perhaps he gets a healing ability. Or a cleanse. He should retain his TMR aoe.
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, Vader deserves/needs a fifth skill some Force Choke or an Unique
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Vader is pretty strong as he stands, could use a little more speed. I would rather see some of the other characters from the original trilogy get a rework. Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewbacca should be mainstays in this game but of the four, only ST Han is used much at all. Leia has a strong role in HAAT but that's about it.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    I saw this idea on a similar thread a while back. A new unique could be "lack of faith": all non force users deal less damage to Vader, or they have reduced health, or something along those lines.
  • Options
    Unique: All rebels instantly die at start of battle if Darth Vader is present. Solves the chaze problem.
  • Options
    Unique: All rebels instantly die at start of battle if Darth Vader is present. Solves the chaze problem.

I jest. However, they should make it so that enemies can't be buffed while Vader is present
  • Jermunji
    108 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Maybe a unique that is based off of his infamous rage and pain, wherein as he takes damage he gains extra turn meter. Also it could be further improved upon in that once zeta'd he could then ignore taunts. This addition with a culling blade improvement that could also deal damage for positive buff accumulations would then put him back on the map. A slight power boost to make sure that he remains the Chosen One for a reason and the rest of his stats would then be able to remain as is. 5 abilities and nothing drastic needed. #MakeVaderGreatAgain
  • Options
    +1 right here !
  • DarthMufasa4
    214 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I think Vader needs 1 of 2 things

If it was a unique, then he needs something to both speed him up, and get a bit more power in, as right now people just leave him to the end as he is clearly not a threat.
    So a unique of +10% offence every round (similar to ezra) (maximum of double offence), with a zeta of +2% turnmeter for each debuff on the field at the end of his turn.
    If thats too op for raids, perhaps half the turnmeter gain when theres a raid boss

If its a special, then vader needs versatility. as whilst force crush is great, its drawback occurs that it makes vader predictable turn 1 and vulnerable to countering (as he has nothing better to do). Likewise culling blade is only really effective on low health enemies or else massive debuffed enemies (which is rare in this new cleansing world)
    What vader would need is a single attack with large damage, with potential for disruption.
    Sometihng like take 3 strong hits with the following effect. Inflict speed down, if target has speed down, inflict ability block, if the target already has ability block and speed down then inflict stun, all for 1 turn. Zeta, Vader then gains 15% turnmeter for each unique debuff on that opponent (this stops loops occuring). (cooldown 4).

Either of these slots would both speed vader up so hes using his specials more effectively (reducing the chance of cleansing and meaning vaderis at least more reliable as a ability negator), or else vader is now more versatile and thus wont feel like a deadweight on a given team
    I prefer the special, it would be super fun to play, and give lots of nice options. also I dont think it would be hard to program to use well so i dont see AI sucking with it, which could be a problem with other improvements

Alas for the comment above with buffs instead of debuffs on culling blade, that would be great, but he already has an omega
    Post edited by DarthMufasa4 on
  • Options
    I totally agree with you, force choke would be an awesome add!
  • Options
  • Options
    Vader, Palpatine and Yoda were just marionettes dancing on strings, where's Darth Jar-Jar?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    And soon we will have a character with 6 Abilities. Is it because Vader is missing his limbs that's why you're making him like 2/3 worth of his son Luke?
    #MakeVaderGreatAgain
  • DarthMufasa4
    214 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I thought another cool Unique: As you wish Master

Vader and Palpatine gain 5% offence for every Empire ally and 5% Max Health for every Sith ally.
    Zeta: If Palpatine is damaged Vader gains 100% turn meter.

This has been done with other characters (B2 andDeath Trooper) but it reminds me of the scene where luke tries to strike palpatine down and Vader blocks it

Also Force crush could have a rework:
    Deal physical damage to all enemies, dispelling all buffs on them then inflict speed down and 3 damage over time effects for 2 rounds. If the enemy wasnt buffed they lose 15% turn meter
  • Options
    They are dead set on making rebel faction about half the available characters in game and two zetas per. We are headed that way let's be honest. Look how many there are man. Between R2 the speed demon who was slow as molasses in the movies, and Luke, that's 5 zeta abilities. It's 100% imbalanced and stacked hardcore in favor of the rebels. Next few months are going to be such a headache. Sith had a fraction of the time Rebels have to be a meta. Not even close.
  • Options
    This whole thread x100, I've been saying this for a long time!
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    They're making a new Vader, didn't you know ;) but seriously, seems likely that they will.
  • Options
    I Agree with Vertigo and DarthMufasa4. These ideas for abilities are straight out of the movies and they are EXCELLENT. In my opinion you go thru so much junk to get Darth Vader and Greviose and they are both disappointing for all the work you put in. Both are overpowered by other newer characters and in my opinion, Darth was really the strong arm of the Empire in most of the Movies but not in this game.