A better way to buy characters.

I think EA should do something like league of legends when it comes to unlocking characters, like having a price on individual characters based on their star level. Even at like $30 for a four star character wouldn't be too bad if it's a character that you really wanted. I think more people would spend money on the game this way, I know I would because the system now is just way too random for me to justify spending money when I probably won't get the character I want. Does anybody else feel this way?

Replies

• Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sorry but I disagree, then everyone would have the same characters.

And they would never do it because once you,had the team you wanted no need to spend any more money.

They might get a little extra money out of the f2p crowd but would lose a lot more from the p2p crowd

And they do some of that with the packs that are available every once in a while
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry but I disagree, then everyone would have the same characters.

And they would never do it because once you,had the team you wanted no need to spend any more money.

They might get a little extra money out of the f2p crowd but would lose a lot more from the p2p crowd

No they wouldn't. A minority of players would purchase them. There's also so many toons in this IP that it's virtually impossible for them to run out.

Combined with chromium it'd be a great combination of direct purchase and lottery.
  • Options
    I also disagree. This makes the game even more pay to win. Right now the free and pay players are pretty balanced, but some people spend hundreds and thousands.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Heck no. People would show up, buy Rey, Poe, Kylo Ren, Leia and Old Ben, and then just rule the server. All for thenprice of 5 characters, not hundreds of Chromium packs. I'm very much against this idea.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Totally no. You buy Chromium because of Ben, (QGJ), Lando maybe Aayala and Leya, the rest of the chromium exclusives sucks. To get that chars to 7* are a hack lot of money not just a few xx$. You totally underestimate the value of them!
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    This game is only looking for that 1% population that willing to spend thousand dollars a month. Not for general players lol.

OP I disagree, it will devalue the game and those ppl big spender will quit the game.
  • Options
    Ring wrote: »
    Heck no. People would show up, buy Rey, Poe, Kylo Ren, Leia and Old Ben, and then just rule the server. All for thenprice of 5 characters, not hundreds of Chromium packs. I'm very much against this idea.

As is CG/EA...for much the same reason.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lol. All these people saying no....

EA/CG already does this with toon packs. The op is suggesting that they do it more often and as single toons instead of packs. He specifically mentioned $30 for simply a single 4* toon. That's crazy expensive considering the droid pack was $29.99 and you got much more.

EA/CG is interested in everyone's money, not just the 1%. That's exactly why they release toon packs to begin with and have other IAP that targets moderate spenders.

The only thing targeting the 1% is chromium; and expect that to change so it appeals to a wider market.
    QGJM wrote: »
    Totally no. You buy Chromium because of Ben, (QGJ), Lando maybe Aayala and Leya, the rest of the chromium exclusives sucks. To get that chars to 7* are a hack lot of money not just a few xx$. You totally underestimate the value of them!

Lol. It's possible for this to occur with totally new toons. I can't wait till they release the rest of chromium toons though. Your posts will be fun.
  • Options
    As you see NOBODY wants this, most of all EA/CG.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    How about $3,000 instead of $30?

I mean, if you want a pay wall, don't you want to make sure anyone else who breaches it invested heavily?

Let's make it $30,000 just to be safe.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Deimos wrote: »
    As you see NOBODY wants this, most of all EA/CG.

You mean nobody....as in all those people who bought all the toon packs?

I couldn't care less one way or the other. But I love the examples that people are using. Someone even mentioned it would be bad cause someone could just buy a Kylo Ren; and he already is a toon available for direct purchase.....

People were already complaining about the cost of the TFA pack. Then we had the New Years bundle of enough shards to bump starter toons to 4* which was a total rip off. Do people think EA/CG wouldn't choose to capitalize on direct purchases? That everyone would just be able to show up with 7* fotp, Rey, and QGJ for $25? Lol
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    But how about $25,000?
  • Options
    Mate, you are making a post about what you'd like. You want to buy the specific toons you love.

Consider all the whales who'll ask for refunds for all the mountains of cash they spent to get these toons through a boatload of chromiums that you want for an INFINITESIMAL amount of money.

Not gonna happen. It's not up to me or you btw.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Deimos wrote: »
    Mate, you are making a post about what you'd like. You want to buy the specific toons you love.

Consider all the whales who'll ask for refunds for all the mountains of cash they spent to get these toons through a boatload of chromiums that you want for an INFINITESIMAL amount of money.

Not gonna happen. It's not up to me or you btw.

I didn't write the op. I don't care either way as I spend enough money that this wouldn't really impact me.

I'm just amused that people say this can/will never happen when it already does.

Also asking for a refund because your investment devalued over time is fraud.