Game Mode Suggestion - Whale Opinion Sought

js4
129 posts Member
We have a number of outliers on two fronts: people who pay a bunch of money to make this game/collecting easier, and freeloaders who want to spend more time playing the game. I suggest you add a new feature: servants.

The servants feature allows a player to pay another player n crystals for things like completing galactic war, finishing daily activities, running arena hour, getting 600 tickets, hitting raids, swapping mod sets around, etc. [designer's tip: in addition to any money collected for crystals, EA could also take a 25% tax, just to sweeten the deal for your superiors.]

Let's face it, people with loads of money (or even just folks who need a vacation) probably don't want to spend 2 hours a day playing the through tedious aspects of the game day after day just to keep up, and there are plenty of folks who just want more activities and faster rewards. It's a match made in heaven. What do you whales think? Would you ever use this feature?

Replies

• holyjoe35
    249 posts Member
    Options
    part of the point of a game is to play the game. it escapes my mind these people who want to play the game less. if it's such a choir for you to play then don't play at all.

the game would be extremely boring simming everything all the time.

i suppose if your goal is to be competitive and number 1 in rank then maybe that's the reward. but for me that's the last thing i'm concerned with. the daily grind of battling through the nodes and challenges is the fun in the game.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Nope.. it's like back to the dark age.

Have u heard about slavery?
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Slavery was widespread even after the Enlightenment. Besides, it's not like anyone is forcing them to work so it's technically wage labor, which is totally cool.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    js4 wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Slavery was widespread even after the Enlightenment. Besides, it's not like anyone is forcing them to work so it's technically wage labor, which is totally cool.

Base on ur view, yes? but have u heard about those who work but don't get paid?

I don't agree simply because there will be era of great player that don't actually play/whales, era of great servant player who play of lot but don't have great outcome (toon).

In the word of Karl Marx: capitalism.
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    holyjoe35 wrote: »
    the daily grind of battling through the nodes and challenges is the fun in the game.

out of curiosity, how long have you been playing?
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    @danrussoa had a similar idea but using the term 'intern'. Servant could be deemed offensive
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    @danrussoa had a similar idea but using the term 'intern'. Servant could be deemed offensive

'Intern' just adds a touch of naiveté
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    This suggestion is what having kids is for.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    It would greatly help a few of the guys on my shard who moved out of their time zone and can no longer collect energy during certain times. It could be freelance as well, you dont have a specific "intern" what you have is a task. That you set to the toon of 25 crystals "Collect energy and spend it all on Stun Cuffs"

Someone "Job seeking Intern" searches for a "job" and picks it up, completes the task in the allotted time, picks up the crystals.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    +1 I like this idea! It would be nice to sim through GW and complete my daily activities as there are times where I am too busy to even log in and collect my daily energy. The game is too time consuming as it is so an option to breeze through everything during those busy days would be nice.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »

I tried but he just puts my phone in his mouth.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Bad for your phone... but I bet he could accidentally open some bronziums for you by doing this. ;)
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options

Bad for your phone... but I bet he could accidentally open some bronziums for you by doing this. ;)

Or zeta lumi
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options

Or zeta lumi

Or abandon a raid if you are an officer or GL.. not that its happened before... or anything... <.< >.>
  • CoReTeX
    202 posts Member
    Options
    i don't get why people always come up with 2h+ per day? It takes me less than 20 min to do all my dailies + the occasional 5 minutes to waste energy and fight in arena..
  • MykCnoE
    116 posts Member
    Options
    I'll complete your GW for 1000 crystals.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Options
    CoReTeX wrote: »
    i don't get why people always come up with 2h+ per day? It takes me less than 20 min to do all my dailies + the occasional 5 minutes to waste energy and fight in arena..

I agree... but I want to play MORE.... but i wont spend large $$$ to do so. They need to make the game more engaging to EVERYONE.

• c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Options
    personally i would rather have a "bounty." Couldnt finish galactic war? Put a bounty in guild management and let your guildies finish it for you. You place the number of crystals or even credits you would pay, they beat it for you...credits/crystals or hell even GEAR goes to "bounty hunter" gw rewards go to you. Could be fun.

That being said i would not go as far as having guildies play the game for you. But could be interesting and a way to reward guildies to help you.
  • Options

my 1.5yo abandoned a NAAT raid.......
  • Pahnub
    32 posts Member
    Options
    You all know that OP is a troll right? I mean look at his icon...
  • Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »

Or zeta lumi

Or abandon a raid if you are an officer or GL.. not that its happened before... or anything... <.< >.>

i guess i shouldnt have made my older son's account on the tablet our officer
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options

HAHA! Oh man. I'm so sorry for all of you who echoed statements like this. Worst my 8 yo has done was lose Arena fights while I wasn't looking. (Hmmm... that I know of...)
  • Options

HAHA! Oh man. I'm so sorry for all of you who echoed statements like this. Worst my 8 yo has done was lose Arena fights while I wasn't looking. (Hmmm... that I know of...)

My kid gets a thrill when I let him run rampant with zmaul and crew. I'm just like, 'kk, just don't get Nihilus killed buddy'

I'd have thought the novelty would wear off but it's still good for now. He gets mad when Sid interrupts Maul's rampage -- it's hilarious, actually.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    CoReTeX wrote: »

you can do all 5 arena battles, 5 ship battles, 12 GW battles and contently comeback to get your challenges complete in 20mins???
    yes to complete the daily events min can be done quickly but the GW and doing all of the arena battles is how u get better rewards and do better in the game
  • Options

yeah my 7yo account is on our tablet and when i started our guild it was just the 3 of us. we now have a full guild and do heroic pit raids. i felt terrible for our guild. but luckly it was when our guild took awhile to finish the NAAT so we had enough credits to start another one. just lost half a day,s worth of damage on GG