Need help with second Zeta character, please

Roken_Fett
1293 posts Member
[My first Zeta went to Vader but I'm currently at 13/20 until the next. Seeing how the drop rate isn't that good I don't want to make a mistake on choosing my next character.

Here's my SWGOH profile:

url="https://swgoh.gg/u/roken/"]https://swgoh.gg/u/roken/[/url]

I initially considered putting it on Boba Fett because I run him on on Arena squad.

Thanks for the help.
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Savage or Kylo. Boba's isn't as useful as you'd like it to be.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

But even if he's on my Arena team? I don't run Savage or Kylo, nor so I run a FO team or Sith team...yet.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

But even if he's on my Arena team? I don't run Savage or Kylo, nor so I run a FO team or Sith team...yet.

Well you should probably zeta Savage or Kylo and then put them in your arena team ;)
    But seriously, Zeta Kylo and Zeta Savage can fit into almost any squad and are some of those toons that are nearly unkillable towards the end of the match unless they get annihilated.

I'd probably recommend putting in Zavage or Zylo for TFP.
  • Options
    The 100% protection gain isn't all that important. It'll get more use in GW than it will in arena
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options

Well you should probably zeta Savage or Kylo and then put them in your arena team ;)
    But seriously, Zeta Kylo and Zeta Savage can fit into almost any squad and are some of those toons that are nearly unkillable towards the end of the match unless they get annihilated.

Hmmm...TFP gets all the bonuses from a zVader lead and hits like a truck, plus has the buff immunity. Really think I should get rid of him?
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    If you're not interested in running a fish order squad.... Looking at your roster if say Kylo. He doesn't need another team. Out off curiosity, who are you running in arena?
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Boba is so easily one shot killed by DN or another Boba
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    It will happen constantly on defense and sometimes on offense
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Juex777 wrote: »
    If you're not interested in running a fish order squad.... Looking at your roster if say Kylo. He doesn't need another team. Out off curiosity, who are you running in arena?

I think it shows on that link, but:

(all characters maxed)

zVader
    Emperor
    TFP
    Boba
    Shoretrooper
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hmmm...TFP gets all the bonuses from a zVader lead and hits like a truck, plus has the buff immunity. Really think I should get rid of him?

Kylo hits like a truck and is extremely hard to kill. Once Shore is dispelled TFP is easy pickings. You could potentially put Kylo in for Shore, but if the other team is a lot faster than you that might not work very well.
    Boba's AOE ability block is pretty important against Rex/Cleanse teams so you probably want him in there. If you use EP's laugh to take 5% of Kylo's max health to drop Kylo under 100% health his Outrage will do a lot more damage pretty easily. You won't really need TFP there with Kylo smashing his way through the enemy.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    You could also do Sid. More dots
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options

Kylo hits like a truck and is extremely hard to kill. Once Shore is dispelled TFP is easy pickings. You could potentially put Kylo in for Shore, but if the other team is a lot faster than you that might not work very well.

Interesting. But since I maxed Shoretrooper out he's got me all the way up to sub-75. zVader has got me to 38. I do need better mods, though.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Zylo is not perfect on defense, but not useless but a beast on offense
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If you're attached to Zader...I'd probably do Sid. He'd obviously need some work. You'd lose EP, along with shock and stun (he's pretty squishy and easy to counter on defense) or Boba, but you'd be less squishy and get exposes and healing immunity. Sid is very fast too. Not a bad choice. Zylo hits like a beast. I'd take him over TFP
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, I battle a zKylo First Order team daily and I always crush it. Most of the time I don't even lose a character.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, I battle a zKylo First Order team daily and I always crush it. Most of the time I don't even lose a character.

FO team's AI is horrendous. The AI for the team proposed here wouldn't be nearly as bad.
    If you're attached to Zader...I'd probably do Sid

His Sid is only gear 8, and really need g11/g10 to be viable and thats a lot of raid gear away from being useful. Even with his Zeta.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Sorry. Arena is only five toons..... You have to choose
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options

FO team's AI is horrendous. The AI for the team proposed here wouldn't be nearly as bad.
    If you're attached to Zader...I'd probably do Sid

His Sid is only gear 8, and really need g11/g10 to be viable and thats a lot of raid gear away from being useful. Even with his Zeta.

Yeah, that was a concern, too. Not that geared up. Plus, if I add him who would I replace?
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    He would need to work on sid and only sid for a while
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Then let your next zeta be about the raids and gw. Boba isn't worthy of ones second zeta. Maybe you 5th zeta or something like that.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    What's your current arena ranking? Be aware.... Boba won't have a lot of effect on it.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    If you're in a shard where Zader has you in the top 10 or 20....the z-Boba might be worth it for a slight edge. If not. Your going to probably need a different team eventually to do much better in arena.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Boba hardly ever gets off that finishing blowing on defense at higher levels when someone is going after him. I never even check if a team has a zeta on him in arena. It would be useful for gw or a raid, but Zylo is better for those.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Boba hardly ever gets off that finishing blowing on defense at higher levels when someone is going after him. I never even check if a team has a zeta on him in arena. It would be useful for gw or a raid, but Zylo is better for those.

Highest rank I've been is 38. I usually battle for high 40s or low 50s now.