Is resistance pilot a good farm?

newbornFL
483 posts Member
I keep seeing the poor dude over there...

i wonder if i really need him,but alas...I have the shards and I could farm him and luminara at the same time.

Replies

• Options
    Resistance is needed for the speed mod challenge, I think. And there are only 5 Resistance characters...for now. May be more when The Last Jedi comes out. So you'll need the Resistance Pilot if you want a full Resistance team, especially for whatever mod challenge Resistance is needed for. I believe the Resistance Pilot is an overall decent character. Probably somewhere between mediocre and good. Or a B or C grade. Maybe B- or C+.

I already farmed her. Yes it's actually a female. Don't have her 7-starred though. I just farmed all the shards needed to get her to 7-star. And if I do get the credits to promote her, I spend it on someone else. Someone more important. But yeah. Farm her if you want to do speed mod challenges, if that's what Resistance is used for.
  • Options
    Don't forget her ship too, which in my view is quite decent.
  • Options
    Resistance is needed for the speed mod challenge, I think. And there are only 5 Resistance characters...for now. May be more when The Last Jedi comes out. So you'll need the Resistance Pilot if you want a full Resistance team, especially for whatever mod challenge Resistance is needed for. I believe the Resistance Pilot is an overall decent character. Probably somewhere between mediocre and good. Or a B or C grade. Maybe B- or C+.

I already farmed her. Yes it's actually a female. Don't have her 7-starred though. I just farmed all the shards needed to get her to 7-star. And if I do get the credits to promote her, I spend it on someone else. Someone more important. But yeah. Farm her if you want to do speed mod challenges, if that's what Resistance is used for.

there are 6 resistance toons. you are forgetting R2.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Resistance are now on par with clones on P2.
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Options
    I've farmed almost every character from GW's shop expect for the few I never intend to use. Resistance pilot being one of them.

However recently I've started thinking about completing the speed mod challenges and getting just a few sets of amazing speed mods has tempted me too much so I've started farming a better resistance team.

If you can wait till the new movie comes out then I'm sure we'll see an influx of Resistance (and FO) characters to compliment those already in the game. For now my plan is getting her to 6* and bide my time till the new movie comes out.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    Decent ship, and as someone who runs a resistance team the best choice is drop her and replace with Sidious
  • Options
    She's kind of a pain to gear. Lots of stun cuffs and stuff.
  • Options

there are 6 resistance toons. you are forgetting R2.

Oops. My bad, haha!!! Didn't know R2 was considered Resistance. I thought he was Droid and Rebel. I just unlocked R2 at 5-star and left him there. Plus I haven't looked at his classes/filters either. Well, I guess there is another Resistance then.

But since R2 is hard to get shards for and 7-star since he is in a Yoda/Palpatine like event, it would probably be best to farm/level up Resist Pilot anyway but as a temporary character until R2 is 7-starred and stuff. R2 is probably a stronger character than Resist Pilot.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    I say yes to farming RP... She was the first toon I unlocked from GWshipments, because Resistance was my first team I farmed.

Also she has a fleet ship and maybe next movie we will get a Resistance capital ship! (or so I hope!)

And as others have mentioned, the Resistance Speed mod challenge is another reason to get her.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Essej
    325 posts Member
    Options
    I committed to gearing resistance, for me, resistance pilot is huge for the tank raid comp. That's layers on Layers for a ftp player
  • Essej
    325 posts Member
    Options
    Resistance can win in arena for the most part, provided that you have better than average mods.
    They drop in arena for the most part, because their collective kits aren't up to par for the arena grind imo.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    No. R2-D2 is miles better
  • Essej
    325 posts Member
    Options
    R2 is better for what, concerning resistance?
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    I farm him until *5 only to finish mod challenge. Now resistance have R2.. like someone pouring salt into my wound.. it hurts :cry:

If i know R2 will come, and have tag resistance.. sure i won't waste my token on him.. better use them to enhance my fleet. :triumph:
  • Options
    I think this post might make you reconsider about the resistance team. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/110714/the-expose-expose#latest

I was already planning to have resistance as my next project, now it's definitely the case.
  • Kracken
    81 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    newbornFL wrote: »
    I keep seeing the poor dude over there...

i wonder if i really need him,but alas...I have the shards and I could farm him and luminara at the same time.

Her ship is decent, and needed as it target locks with basic attack if you're going that route. Gearing her is a right pain....stun cuffs.....
  • Kracken
    81 posts Member
    Options
    Chris2cayi wrote: »
    I think this post might make you reconsider about the resistance team. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/110714/the-expose-expose#latest

I was already planning to have resistance as my next project, now it's definitely the case.

What phase of the raid?
  • phatphil3
    716 posts Member
    Options
    Just got her to 7*, wasn't a priority until I had the big GW chars out of the way. Now it's teebo and ships
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    RP was awesome before they cut her damage. Now she's just slow and a weak hitter. And she needs a ton of gear. Since R2 is now resistance, she's probably left behind. Her ship has a good special, but is mediocre outside of that.