"Someone is already battling you" Costed 1 battle attempt

DieInFire
802 posts Member
edited May 2017
On fleet arena, I tried to attack some player, but "Someone is already battling you" pop up appeared, game crashed with the window message of "error 4.0" Restart/Contact Us that usually appears when game crashes, restated the game, and in fleet arena I had a cd counter (around 7m) remaining, then I noted it actually costed me a battle attempt.

- I didn't do the fight not because of the crash, but because someone was already battling me

Edit: although someone was battling me, I didn't drop rank. So I think t was a bug and not that just someone was actually battling me.

Replies

• SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    DieInFire wrote: »
    On fleet arena, I tried to attack some player, but "Someone is already battling you" pop up appeared, game crashed with the window message of "error 4.0" Restart/Contact Us that usually appears when game crashes, restated the game, and in fleet arena I had a cd counter (around 7m) remaining, then I noted it actually costed me a battle attempt.

- I didn't do the fight not because of the crash, but because someone was already battling me

Edit: although someone was battling me, I didn't drop rank. So I think t was a bug and not that just someone was actually battling me.

I've had similar issues. What happened is that I entered the ship battle and before the loading screen finished (before the timer displays) I went out of the game (it was put on pause). I then came back to it a bit later, and the timer then started from 7.5 minutes. I then played the match. However, the 7.5 minutes had actually already expired on the server side, but it was still counting down on my end. When I completed the match, and it appeared I won, I received the error, and then the game crashed. But I really win since the match had already timed out on the server side and ended in a draw. I could have even had someone else battling me, and beat me, and came out to have a lower position than when I started, all while I was still playing a worthless match.

I really wish CG could get the countdown timer bug fixed, as it certainly can become annoying and confusing. @CG_Kozispoon
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • jm21
    72 posts Member
    Options
    I had an issue kinda like that, I was in a ship battle and started simming it. Put the phone down on my chest just because somehow I have awful luck at ship battles and do better simming them. When I looked up all my ships were still there (well 5 ships, i had lost one) and the enemy ships were gone, but it just was stuck on the winning screen before the text. Eventually I had to quit the app and it cost me the battle credit. (Granted I am unsure of my place, so it could be that I got the rank up on the server, will make sure if it happens again)