Squad Arena rules?

Are all of the characters leadership abilities used in the squad Arena? I just lost what should have been a close battle because my opponent seemed to get a million extra turns, call squad mates to help etc. It's like each of the characters on that squad combined their leadership abilities. Either that or the game had decided that I was going to lose before the battle even started.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    The quick answer is no. Only the leaders ability applies. You most likely encountered Phasma.
  • Options
    That's the thing, there was no Phasma. I only attack teams led by a healer or Chewie, and this team was led by Luminara. There was Qui-Gon, but he wasn't the leader.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ calls for an assist every other turn, as does GS. Fives and IG86 also call assists.
  • Options
    That's the thing, there was no Phasma. I only attack teams led by a healer or Chewie, and this team was led by Luminara. There was Qui-Gon, but he wasn't the leader.

Qui-Gon can call for assistance too.
  • Options
    QJG /GS /IG86/Biggs/5s can call in assists and Dooku will get his own extra
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I was in a final fight with Sid and needed one shot to win, he did his special and immediately struck again for the win, no Phasma involved in the entire match, it's like the game is built for you to never advance.
  • Options
    It wasn't just with Qui-Gon or 5's, it was like I could only go 1 or 2 turns without them taking over. It really feels like I had no chance of winning, that it was decided that was going to lose the round before battle even started. I've beaten more powerful opponents with this same squad I used.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    If he killed a toon of yours on the first attack he probably gained enough turn meter through sadistic glee that he beat your Sidious.
  • Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    it's like the game is built for you to never advance.

It's like the more powerful my squad gets, the game gets disproportionately more difficult. Sunday, I completed my first Galactic War, and yesterday, I barely won the first 4 battles.