Death Trooper Emperor's Finest Pack worth it?

ASRA9632
42 posts Member
Hi there, am currently working on an empire team with EP (Lead), Vader, ShT, RG and TFP. I currently have Death Trooper unlocked at 2 stars and 15 shards away from 3 stars. Would his pack be worth it to replace anyone in my Empire Team. Or is he not so great without Krennic or more Imperial Troopers. I do also have Krennic but he is 5 shards away from 4* and since I am only Level 67 I am nowhere near him becoming farmable.

https://swgoh.gg/u/asra9632/

Replies

• Options
    If you replace royal guard, him and shore share synergy too, so I would if I were you.
  • Options
    Totally depends on your tooncompostion. if you like empire go for it....
  • Options
    Yeah I like empire and they will be my next farm and probably be my arena team once I have them geared. I curremtly run a Jedi/Clones team which is ok but I feel like an Empire Team will be better once I get them geared. Especially now I have Palpatine.
  • Options
    Well DT is viable without Krennic (who is a damm hard farm btw). Lets see what the new Tarkin has to offer...
  • Options
    How is the new powercouple called anyways? Deathennic or Krooper?
  • Options
    I think it's Drennic haha. That's a good point about Tarkin. I may wait for now and see what he has to offer as well
  • Options
    Little extra here: DT shuts down those Bazes in the first round most of the times!
  • Options
    Don't forget you can farm DT from a cantina node. I know it's not ideal but you can save yourself the 20 bucks
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    Options
    I think DT is worth it. If you are going to buy anything typically the packs that offer 80 shards and gear are likely the best value. Shoretrooper is certainly worth it, as well he takes a long time to farm and is the best Empire tank.
    Back to DT he doesn't need Krennic his kit stands out on its own plus he's very effective versus rebels.
  • Options
    If you can farm him from cantina its not worth it, ive got 16 shards left to go for him and ive only been farming him 2 or 3 weeks
    My Collection Red Lining the Revan Counter

• nskowyra
    144 posts Member
    Options
    If you can farm him from cantina its not worth it, ive got 16 shards left to go for him and ive only been farming him 2 or 3 weeks

This.

Gear will take way longer to aquire than 80 shards. These packs only help if the toon is already geared or hard to farm like shore
  • Options
    ASRA9632 wrote: »
    Hi there, am currently working on an empire team with EP (Lead), Vader, ShT, RG and TFP. I currently have Death Trooper unlocked at 2 stars and 15 shards away from 3 stars. Would his pack be worth it to replace anyone in my Empire Team. Or is he not so great without Krennic or more Imperial Troopers. I do also have Krennic but he is 5 shards away from 4* and since I am only Level 67 I am nowhere near him becoming farmable.

https://swgoh.gg/u/asra9632/

I run a palp lead with vader, shore, deathtrooper and TFP. DT is basically a key part for my empire form in GW and especially during raids since his deathmark debuff increases how much damage the raid bosses take
  • Options
    It depends of RNG in cantina, I could not manage to farm him not even during the double drops. Even after that I had another 2 tries, finally I have decided that he is enough at 6*, and I still don't use him. There is not a single node where I have ecountered such a costant terrible RNG for weeks of farming.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    First, he needs to unlock the cantina battle, and I don't think that at level 67 he did it.
    And second, it's a good price for 80 shards. DT can be directly 4 or 5 stars and so already usable without waiting a lot of weeks. I used him in GW only at 3* gr 8 and he's great.
  • Options
    It depends of RNG in cantina, I could not manage to farm him not even during the double drops. Even after that I had another 2 tries, finally I have decided that he is enough at 6*, and I still don't use him. There is not a single node where I have ecountered such a costant terrible RNG for weeks of farming.

Edit: I used 4 daily refreshes during double drops for 600 crystals and 2 for 200 crystals with normal drops and I still couldn't take him ro 7*
  • Options
    I bought it and I don't regret. No whale here, barely a dolphin.
    If it helps your decision, his drop rate on Cantina is awful! Averaging 2-3 Shards per 2*100 refreshes.
  • Options
    Funny, i just spent my bonuscantinaenergy on 4 tries and got 3 shards, strange...
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    banjo1071 wrote: »
    Funny, i just spent my bonuscantinaenergy on 4 tries and got 3 shards, strange...

Lucky guy :wink:
  • Options
    Still 50 to go...
  • Options
    banjo1071 wrote: »

Buy a lottery ticket! :smiley:
  • ASRA9632
    42 posts Member
    Options
    As some of you have suģested I haven't unlocked his cantina node yet so it would be to get ahead and get him to 4/5 shards now. Sounds like he is quite important so am considering getting it. Have been extremely happy with Shoretrooper so far after I purchased him. This may be a silly question but I'm assuming neither Rex or Bobba would be any use in a mostly Empire team as I am currently farming them as well.
  • Options
    ASRA9632 wrote: »
    As some of you have suģested I haven't unlocked his cantina node yet so it would be to get ahead and get him to 4/5 shards now. Sounds like he is quite important so am considering getting it. Have been extremely happy with Shoretrooper so far after I purchased him. This may be a silly question but I'm assuming neither Rex or Bobba would be any use in a mostly Empire team as I am currently farming them as well.

Boba is it just depends on the comp. He seems to have taken a back step but I run him and stay top 100. I'll probably sift him out of the squad once I push towards the top 50 area
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    What about replace RG with boba, change lead to vader. The composion is vader (lead), palp, shore, tfp, boba. That classic empire team tho.. top 100 if u gear n maxed them, top 50 if u zeta-ed vader.

What about if DT pack u plan to buy, u buy shore pack instead. Scary to see him at *7 lol. DT have his benefit with krennic, and when agains rebel.. outside that situation i think not much benefit. Buy hey carry on if u like empire. ;)
  • Options
    I thought that it was a good idea because I can't farm his shards currently and it allows me to get a jump when I finally can. I have a few bucks to throw around every month but my time spent on the game is the ultimate limiting factor. I also bought the shoretrooper pack for the same reason but of course that was new character for me as I missed to the first opportunity to get him. I use purchases to pick-up slow farm/high value characters.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Deathtrooper has the best debuff in the game. Definitely worthwhile if you're planning on buying a pack. He's very useful and getting his stars up will allow you to keep him alive longer.