Darth Nihilus

Hello all, I have just unlocked SA's cantina node and plan on leveling her to make my GW sith team. I've been running my DN lead sith team through 4-5 nodes a day practicing and getting strategies down.

I've noticed that most days I can get 2-3 annihilates off with DN. I generally pick the biggest threat, but sometimes I go after a high health pool guy.

It's tough to tell how much bigger his health bar gets every battle after I annihilate someone, but theoretically he should have a pretty high pool by the last battle. This is of course provided he doesn't take much damage(thanks SIT) during battle and can steal enough health to fill his newly expanded bar

Is there anyway to see how much max health he has in the latter battles of GW? Wouldn't it make him almost unstoppable except by health down, expose, or enemy annihilate? Just curious as to others thoughts.

Replies

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Pretty sure his health resets with his annihilate cooldown after every node. I run Nihilus lead in gw sometimes and have never noticed DN become super tanky node 12 because of all the annihilates he pulls off.
    I think his health boost is only for that single node
  • Billcarson66
    852 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Well, I agree with the intention of annihliate resetting every encounter, but if protection gone after his lead persists for the entire table for the day, so should max health gain. Seems reasonable to expect.
  • Options
    Is it possible for a dev to weigh in on this? If other players don't notice additional tankiness, I haven't been doing it long enough to tell, is it WAI. I should probably play on 1x speed and write the numbers down and do the math. Essentially I will have to let him get beat up in the final battle, but with Node 12 GW, that isn't too hard to do:

@CG_Kozispoon
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    If I'm correct, which I believe I am, I've ran dn through a lot of gw as leader, his annihilate of course resets every match and he loses any max health he gained from annihilate. Now say you have 25k protection on him, each and every match that 25k is added to his total health pool, even though technically it's gone after the first match.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    If I'm correct, which I believe I am, I've ran dn through a lot of gw as leader, his annihilate of course resets every match and he loses any max health he gained from annihilate. Now say you have 25k protection on him, each and every match that 25k is added to his total health pool, even though technically it's gone after the first match.

Same with Darth Maul's gains from his unique. Maul and DN would be godly by node 10 for sure if they did maintain.
  • Options
    Ok...thanks for the clarification. I figured it would be too good to be true.
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    good to know this info, makes sense then

be it as it may - you can still use a DN led sith team through most of GW if you attack strategically and swop out some battles for your 2nd and 3rd tier team just to help with TM management and cooldowns.

these days I have too much fun trying other teams in GW and really keep my Nihilus squad for if I have a hard 6,11, or 12 node. Currently experimenting with Palp (L), Vader, Sidious, Maul, Sith Trooper and this takes me through most of GW without needing Nihilus. Still love using him though.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    good to know this info, makes sense then

be it as it may - you can still use a DN led sith team through most of GW if you attack strategically and swop out some battles for your 2nd and 3rd tier team just to help with TM management and cooldowns.

these days I have too much fun trying other teams in GW and really keep my Nihilus squad for if I have a hard 6,11, or 12 node. Currently experimenting with Palp (L), Vader, Sidious, Maul, Sith Trooper and this takes me through most of GW without needing Nihilus. Still love using him though.

For that Palp squad, I found it to be much better with Vader lead. The TMR is so good that I often finish with 50% or better protection on all toons, have been close to 100% at times depending on match-ups and play.
  • Options
    @Darth_Jay77 You bet...with TM advantage after the first easy match, my Zader team finishes most matches without the opponents getting a turn.